What's new

Guide Superman Prime Living Guide

Destin

Noob
The 'fuzzy guarding' is completely different from fuzzy guarding in traditional fighters. This one removes skillful blocking, actual fuzzy blocking simply makes mix-ups harder to block. The one I'm referring to is defined as:

"When a character Blocks an attack High and then switches to a Low guard, although they are blocking Low, the game does not change the size of their hittable box from standing to crouching until the Block Stun ends. This means they can still be hit with attacks that would Whiff if they were crouching normally."

source: Comprehensive Street Fighter Term Glossary; http://www.option-select.com/strategy/article/?a=12

That's cool, I wasn't aware it started back in SF2. Maybe that's how the whole inescapable j.LP, 360 loop with Thawk worked lol. I'm pretty sure what the MK community calls fuzzy blocking (aka a technique that defeats both high / low attacks simultaneously) is different from what was in SF2, and different from what is in every other game for that matter. Does this fuzzy blocking stuff still work after Tuesday's patch, and do you guys notice any notable changes to Supes as well?

Yeah, this is one source of confusion with the term. The japanese use two different terms, but like most things, we ended up with an issue when the 3d players moved to 2d. In old school 2d games, fuzzy guarding was what you said, the hitbox not changing to follow the actual guard of the character. This wasn't tooooo impotant in any game outside of guilty gear as far as I know, it basically allowed you to go for instant overheads if you could keep there guard in high block by doing something like, jump in attack, jump again hit on the way up for an overhead. What was "fuzzy" about it, was you didn't know which way they were blocking. (But let's be honest, it was a 2d game, they were blocking low).

In 3d games, it took on a bit of a different meaning. Because, as opposed to 2d games, 3d games mixups are much more string based, if you have a situation like that which is listed up there, with proper blocking and switching you could block absolutely the high low mixups. As the high and low HAD to come out at certain frames, you could switch your block to avoid both! This was partially allievated both by the number of strings in the game, and the fact that you could often delay your mid hit to hit at the same time as the low. Nonetheless, there were still some particularly obnoxious high low strings that you had to learn the guard sequence to.

Enter Injustice. This game is somewhat of a hybrid offensive style between 2d and 3d. It relys on the strings of 3d games for its opening up high low mixups, but it doesn't have as many moves, like a 2d game. This bumps into issues because of things like this. Superman really has one mixup here, nothing to fool you with. Injustice has very low hitstop on hits, which makes it's cancels weird, and also makes it difficult to delay anything you would do. If for example, I had a window in which I could low scoop, suddenly I could place it at the same spot as the overhead, then bam, a real mixup! But with access to neither the delay or variety of options in 3d games, nor the frame advantage and numerous lows of 2d games to encourage throw games, superman is left with a tendency to go for a bit more of a brute force mixup game. At the very least it ruins that mixup, which is sad from a design standpoint to throw in a one off gimmick like that.

A

Saving it for a vid man, sorry..
Well, coming from Tony-T i'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but actually it sounds impossible. Maximum combo that superman can achieve without interactable and no trait is 45% 1 bar. starting with trait makes that like 60% and adding interactable bounce you can add up to 64% so... how can you deal 70% without interactable and midscreen with 1 bar??

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
Well, coming from Tony-T i'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but actually it sounds impossible. Maximum combo that superman can achieve without interactable and no trait is 45% 1 bar. starting with trait makes that like 60% and adding interactable bounce you can add up to 64% so... how can you deal 70% without interactable and midscreen with 1 bar??
I would guess that he has a certain order that isn't exactly BnB worthy that scales the damage a little differently.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
lol the suspense! Ill say now that its totally impractical , its just eye candy... I didn't mean to get peoples hopes up, but yes, it is a legit 70% midscreen, no reset and no interactable.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I would guess that he has a certain order that isn't exactly BnB worthy that scales the damage a little differently.

TONY-T has his ways :tonyt

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Just managed a 1 bar 70% at midscreen with no interactables LOL!
There is no way you got that damage without having trait already active. If you somehow managed to confirm into trait THEN get that damage Superman is officially da bess (if he wasn't already)

First guess in my head is something like: trait active, starts with B3 and involves Heat Zap early in the combo. Second guess is you magically reverted your copy back to pre-patch while you were sleep-walking last night which increased damage.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
There is no way you got that damage without having trait already active. If you somehow managed to confirm into trait THEN get that damage Superman is officially da bess (if he wasn't already)

First guess in my head is something like: trait active, starts with B3 and involves Heat Zap early in the combo. Second guess is you magically reverted your copy back to pre-patch while you were sleep-walking last night which increased damage.
Haha, nah its all current patch :)

Just brought it up to 71%

Without trait it does 58%

Also someone said Superman cant go past 45% 1 bar without trait or interactables? I found a regular combo that does 46% without trait or interactable..

TONY-T

Mad scientist

Here is a couple bnb combos i made off of b3 and f3..

f3 combo = 47%

b3 combo = 49%

both combos 1 bar at midscreen with no interactables..

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
These are nice. I'm wondering if they are hit confirmable into trait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

f3 combo = 47%

b3 combo = 49%

with trait included. Also in the second one you can use just 1 or f2 before freeze and it will still do 49%. By using f2 you can change the side :D. How did I learn that? thanks to your f23 b3 combo that does 40% so pros to you

Haha, nah its all current patch :)

Just brought it up to 71%

Without trait it does 58%

Also someone said Superman cant go past 45% 1 bar without trait or interactables? I found a regular combo that does 46% without trait or interactable..
i want to see that 46% combo without trait and interactable. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a conversion from midscreen to corner.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power

f3 combo = 47%

b3 combo = 49%

My B3 combo does the same damage but is slightly different: B3~trait, J2, F2~[MB] Breath, j3, 22~scoop, 3~RGHV
My optimal B3 combo with no bar does 41%: B3~trait, j.3, D1~scoop, 3~RGHV

My B3 combo does the same damage but is slightly different: B3~trait, J2, F2~[MB] Breath, j3, 22~scoop, 3~RGHV
you can choose either f2 or 1 in the 49% b3 combo. if you use 1 you will get in front of him like a regular combo. If you use f2 you will change side.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
with trait included. Also in the second one you can use just 1 or f2 before freeze and it will still do 49%. By using f2 you can change the side :D. How did I learn that? thanks to your f23 b3 combo that does 40% so pros to you
Yeah im aware of that, but theirs a reason im using 11 freeze. Ill explain in a bit.. :p

TONY-T

Mad scientist
i want to see that 46% combo without trait and interactable. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a conversion from midscreen to corner.
No problem. Ill record for you later tonight after i finish work. Ill tag you in the post..

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Nice! The version i did has the potential to do 50%. Last night when i was recording it, i managed to connect 111~freeze instead of 11~freeze. I was so gobsmacked that i dropped the rest of the combo and did so every other time i managed to connect the 111~freeze. Im thinking if i connect the full combo, it should do 50%. Ill try and record it tonight :)

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
F23, 3~heat zap, 3~trait, 3~MB Super Breath, Heat zap, F2D1, 3~ Low Scoop, 3 Super Breath

My fingers tell me that I'm not going to land the 3~MB Super Breath...I'm always just late with the 3...any tips?

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
I find I'm not late with the 3 after trait, I'm late with the 3 after heat zap. Try doing that one earlier instead and see what happens

Here ya go...

epic!, very situational but still epic! the 111 freeze part es very very hard and the beginning very very situational.
Now waiting for your 71% combo 1 bar / 58% 1 bar no trait. Maybe that would change everything i know about supes. :D