What's new

Guide Superman Prime Living Guide

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
First off I wanna say that I was a bit worried to post this stuff because I don't want superman to get nerfed but I guess YOLO! All the following stuff is 100% consistent, legit and works for all times and scenarios. Nothing situational, specific, or rare to accomplish.

-Trait: Supes' trait has a duration time of 6 seconds with a 7 second cool down time. When activated, his trait increases his overall damage and allows him to break through armor as well. This I think is one of the best traits in the game and is extremely effective against characters charging at you with armor like Doomsday or Solomon Grundy. Trait should be conserved however, and not be just activated at random times like to zone midscreen. Nope that's some scrub dookie don't do that.

Even in the Doomsday and Solomon Grundy matchups, trait should only be activated as soon as you see them activate their hyper armor. The reason why your trait is important to conserve is because it is hit confirmable and super cancelable with only a 1 frame super you can punish projectiles on reaction for 44% free with trait cancelled super. Since its hit confirmable you can give off big damage for just 1 bar of meter especially in the corner.

-Super: Superman's super is just ridiculous. It can punish anything even strings with gaps or ones that are negative on block. You must be wise though if you try to punish a jump or aerial projectile with super as it is certainly possible and easy but if you get ahead of yourself and do it too early you will fly right under your opponent giving them possibly a free combo.

The reason why I think his super is ridiculous is because today in practice mode I found that he can combo off of both his projectiles from full screen into his super. Yes if you land a heat zap from full screen you can super and it will catch your opponent as they are flopping down from the heat zap for 48%. You can also do the same for heat vision from full screen for 44%. You cannot land a super from air heat vision though as Superman comes down too slow.

Also at midscreen after you connect a ground smash from the air you can also connect a super for 43%. I wouldn't recommend supering on a crossup ground smash though because you can just get a combo from there and not have waste all 4 bars.

-Heat Zap: Not only can you combo into super from full screen after a connected heat zap, you can easily get full combos in the corner. No its not a good idea to just spam heat zap in the corner at all but it is very damaging if you can land one into full combo. I will try to look for setups into heat zap as it is punishable by ducking but it is +19 on block so hopefully I will find some great and useful setups for this but I will definitely not go away from my other ridiculous combos just for an extra 6-10% on something a bit difficult to land point blank right now since its not able to combo after a 22 or 111. I'm not going into this right away though for setups as I feel its not very important considering the other high damaging corner combos, did I say that already lol? Its just a thought for now and something nice to know if you ever get lucky by accident negative edge or something. It is very great in the corner to continue your combo after a mb super breath.

-50/50 Mixup: Superman has a 50/50 mixup but it cost 2 bars of meter. Off of any string you can mb cancel into f3 overhead or just low scoop for no meter. Something fancy I came up with is a mb f3 overhead cancel off of a string and then forward dash cancel the overhead into a low scoop. I think this could also be a greatly viable part to his rushdown game also. Be wary of your low scoop though as its -26 on block but your f3 is +7 for follow up pressure.

His meterless mixup game consists of the 223 string. You can either finish the string with the overhead for a full combo or cancel 22 into a low scoop for a full combo. You can do the same with 112 but the ending overhead doesn't grant a full combo just a hard knockdown so if your playing against someone smart then they will most likely always block low and take the overhead knockdown to avoid the low scoop into full combo.

-Wake-Up Attacks: Unfortunately Superman doesn't have the greatest wake-ups in the game but we could still make things work. A wake-up attack that you are going to want to avoid using is flying punch. It seems really great at first and might work in some situations but since it has such slow 21 frame start-up, it usually just gets completely stuffed under pressure. Your best wake-up option is if you're willing to spend meter and use mb super breath with a 10 frame start-up which can lead to 39% if your opponent tries to get a bit too crazy up in your s**t. It is your best wake-up overall for dealing with jump-ins and pressure on the ground.

A couple more good options are rising grab with a nice 11 frame start-up and low scoop at 16 frames. Rising grab is a pretty universal wake-up and works really well when being pressured on the ground as well as when your opponent is jumping at you to start pressure from the air. When they are trying to cross you up to start pressure, you can also just reverse inputs and end their pressure there. Low scoop is at its best when being pressured from the ground and in your face where it'll just swoop up a careless opponent.

-Corner Combos: One of the biggest reasons why I say to conserve your trait is because of the corner. Supes can rape you in the corner horribad for just 1 bar of meter and his trait once he gets you into the corner which doesn't seem very hard with him because he has good wall carry on his midscreen combos. His corner combos can range from an easy 52% anti-air to a lucky heat zap for 80% and can lead to wake up pressure and they are very very swaggadelic.

Heat zap, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath = 80%

Air ground smash, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath = 73%

3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath = 73%

223, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath = 67%

F2d1, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath 69%

F2d13, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath = 63%

F23 heat zap, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath = 68%

111 low scoop, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 super breath = 56%

111 mb super breath, heat zap, 3 trait, f2d1, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath = 57%

Air to Air Corner Combos:
J1, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath = 69%

J2, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath = 71%

J3, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath = 75%

-Anti-Airs: Superman has two great anti air tools, d2 at 9 frames and standing 2 at 10 frames that has a large upward hit box that if timed properly (which is easy to time)

Anti-Air Midscreen Combos:
D2 trait, f2 mb super breath, b3, j3, 22 low scoop, 3 rising grab air heat = 39%

Standing 2 trait, d1 mb super breath, b3, j3, f2 low scoop, 3 rising grab air heat = 51%

Standing 2, 1 mb super breath, b3, j3, 22 low scoop, 3 rising grab air heat = 41%

Anti-Air Corner Combos:
D2, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath = 52%

Standing 2, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, heat zap, f2d1, 3 low scoop, 3 super breath = 71%

Coming one step closer to breaking this character everyday. Thanks to everyone for reading this I hope it helps you and this was brought to you by your new dictator ;)

#kneelbeforeme

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
I've been playing with Dick all day :(
Lol find anything broken? I came from school early sick and been on ever since. I'm burnt out dude I had a 44 win streak in koth until nobody else would join and I'm level 57 and #1 on leaderboards in player match and only chef could beat me idk how he does it :eek:

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Lol find anything broken? I came from school early sick and been on ever since. I'm burnt out dude I had a 44 win streak in koth until nobody else would join and I'm level 57 and #1 on leaderboards in player match and only chef could beat me idk how he does it :eek:
You're a horrible person and yes just look at the Nightwing forums lawl.

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
Good stuff, I wouldn't worry about the nerf bat. NRS said they are trying not to nerf characters like the did in MK and I really don't see these being nerf worthy. Superman's meterless combos are lacking in damage compared to other characters. He makes up for this with his amazing MB specials.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Best meterless mid I can get with Supes is 29 percent.

Edit: Also working on meterless corner and I get about 37 percent.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
This one: 223, 3 trait, 3 mb super breath, f3, f2d1, f2d1, 111 low scoop, 3 super breath = 60%

You can drop the second rep of F2D1 and still get 60%, makes it even easier. :)

EDIT: Actually, seems you can drop ALL second reps of F2D1 and get the same damage.
I know but the second f2d1 is so sexy ;)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Well I don't recommend doing it if you're playing online. I drop it nearly every time online

Nah, it happens offline as well, probably because I don't have the timing. Regardless, I'd rather take the safer 29 percent then the potential to drop a combo for an extra 2 percent right now.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
These corner combos are nice. We need to work on getting solid mid-range meterless BNB's. Since Superman's combos carry the opponent so well we should have them in the corner most of the fight.
Omg that thought just popped in my head as I was reading the very last post then got to yours lmfao.

Good info. I have decided to make superman my main. I love him!! He takes care of all the silly zoning in this game.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Yeah, corner meterless is maxing out at around 40 percent for me.

223, 3 ~trait, d2, f2d1, 111 scoop, 111 rising grab air heat.

Edit: Keep them in the corner end with 11 breath instead for 38 percent.

Edit 2: Working on midscreen stuff, getting 29 percent with his overhead string and 27 percent with his low string. They're basically the same lol.

223, f13, f1 ~scoop, 111 rising grab air heat.

f1d1, f13, f1 ~scoop, 111 rising grab air heat.

Edit 3: WOW, that super IS ridiculous.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Yeah, corner meterless is maxing out at around 40 percent for me.

223, 3 ~trait, d2, f2d1, 111 scoop, 111 rising grab air heat.

Edit: Keep them in the corner end with 11 breath instead for 38 percent.

Edit 2: Working on midscreen stuff, getting 29 percent with his overhead string and 27 percent with his low string. They're basically the same lol.

223, f13, f1 ~scoop, 111 rising grab air heat.

f1d1, f13, f1 ~scoop, 111 rising grab air heat.

Edit 3: WOW, that super IS ridiculous.
Try not to use d2 in combos that much aside from anti airs if you don't need to. It scales horribly most of the time. As soon as I get home I'll work on some meterless corner for all possible scenarios.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Try not to use d2 in combos that much aside from anti airs if you don't need to. It scales horribly most of the time. As soon as I get home I'll work on some meterless corner for all possible scenarios.

Yeah but it's the only consistent way to make sure your combo follows through, at least with what I'm doing. 1 or even d1 can whiff/make them fall too quickly. Yeah, if you can do something better please do cause, as you said, I really don't like using d2 lol.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Yeah but it's the only consistent way to make sure your combo follows through, at least with what I'm doing. 1 or even d1 can whiff/make them fall too quickly. Yeah, if you can do something better please do cause, as you said, I really don't like using d2 lol.
223, 3 trait, f2d1, f2d1, f2d1, 111 low scoop, 3 super breath = 49%
F23, 3 trait, f2d1, f2d1, f2d1, 111 low scoop, 3 super breath = 45%

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Updated with heat zap properties and more damaging corner combos!
STORMS can this be stickied or front paged? I feel its great and vital info for all superman players :)