What's new

Guide Superman Prime Living Guide

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Corner you can just do the 111swoop combo with the starter just obviously being 22swoop.
Mid screen I just do 22swoop, 3 breath to throw them closer to the corner, you can obviously do more to make the combo stronger, but this is simple and sends them full screen while allowing you to dash twice to close the distance.
I always use flying punch during midscreen BnBs. Sends them towards the corner and moves you towards them simultaneously. If you [MB] the flying punch you almost always carry them straight to the corner too, so it's worth it sometimes. Do you think Breath > Flying punch in those midscreen situations?

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
I'd say Flying punch would be better since it nets you closer to them allowing you to easily keep up pressure, while Breath sends them fullscreen giving them more breathing room. Breath does have the advantage of sending them fullscreen taking them to the corner that much faster though.

Breath does do more damage as an ender with the combos I tested, but it was only like 1 or 2% difference.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
So what exactly do I do after a knockdown?I sweep my oponnent and then....I just wait till they get up since I have no idea what to do lol.

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
You can do instant air ground punch and if they do anything besides block you'll hit them, you can try an ambiguous J3 cross up, F 23/F2D1, or a throw.

Supermans High/low game is pretty awful so the only real options will probably be F23 breath, or throw, If they know of your IA GP beating their wakeup move game.

Raynex

You can also walk forwards, then hold back and drift away to bait a grab attempt or random poke. You can punish them with F23 if you see anything. Alternatively, you can do a meaty B+3 / F+3. If either hit you get a combo, if they don't you're at +9 so you can follow with any string you want, or throw.

Raynex

What happened to just paying attention to mix-up patterns, reacting, or making an educated guess? You know, the stuff that actually requires skill? This completely removes the application of a strategic thought process. This fuzzy blocking stuff is part of the reason I have problems with contemporary fighters. LBSH, this right here is the epitome of derp.

Good video though. This will dry the tears of those Superman haters, if only for a moment.

InfernoZ

Noob
lol exposed. I hadn't even gotten into using that mixup yet, no need to apply it into my game then. Tested it also and the block is free each time

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I actually think what Tom Brady has exposed will actually hurt anyone playing against a Superman. Now a Superman player has no reason to mess with the 2,2,x string leaving him to constantly use F2,3 all day long. Annoying shit...

I can see top 8 at Evo now: 5 Supermen, 1 Aquaman, 1 Deathstroke and 1 Batman.

I have some Ji3 combos w/ supes. Not sure if they have been posted. This ups his highest dmg meterless combo to 45% and it works on standing or ducking opponents.

Ji3, F23, F2df+1, 3df+2 db+1 34%[44% w/ trait] NO METER.

1 meter

Ji3, F23, F2df+1, 1db+2(mb), b3 Ji2 d+3(in air). [50% w/ trait] This one can probably be improved, but this was the easiest to execute.

Raynex

When you say "w/ trait", do you mean you're already in trait before you hit them or that you activate somwhere mid-combo? Most of Superman's strategy consists of waiting until you actually land a hit, THEN confirming into trait during a string as to not waste it, ever. If you activate it before you've actually landed a hit you risk losing it before ever touching them. They'll likely play more defensive and clam up, and with Supes bad 50/50s you're not likely to get any big damage for a while after your trait wears off.

It probably is the highest damage meterless, but I can't think of a viable situation where popping trait at neutral would be good instead of saving it for strategic purposes. Nonetheless, nice combos!

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
When you say "w/ trait", do you mean you're already in trait before you hit them or that you activate somwhere mid-combo? Most of Superman's strategy consists of waiting until you actually land a hit, THEN confirming into trait during a string as to not waste it, ever. If you activate it before you've actually landed a hit you risk losing it before ever touching them. They'll likely play more defensive and clam up, and with Supes bad 50/50s you're not likely to get any big damage for a while after your trait wears off.

It probably is the highest damage meterless, but I can't think of a viable situation where popping trait at neutral would be good instead of saving it for strategic purposes. Nonetheless, nice combos!
Only time I pop trait outside of combos is against certain characters (Bane, Grundy, Doomsday) when they activate their trait. Otherwise, like Raynex said, best to activate the trait inside the combo.

Raynex

Fuzzy guarding has been around since SF2 brother but I get what you're saying
The 'fuzzy guarding' is completely different from fuzzy guarding in traditional fighters. This one removes skillful blocking, actual fuzzy blocking simply makes mix-ups harder to block. The one I'm referring to is defined as:

"When a character Blocks an attack High and then switches to a Low guard, although they are blocking Low, the game does not change the size of their hittable box from standing to crouching until the Block Stun ends. This means they can still be hit with attacks that would Whiff if they were crouching normally."

source: Comprehensive Street Fighter Term Glossary; http://www.option-select.com/strategy/article/?a=12

That's cool, I wasn't aware it started back in SF2. Maybe that's how the whole inescapable j.LP, 360 loop with Thawk worked lol. I'm pretty sure what the MK community calls fuzzy blocking (aka a technique that defeats both high / low attacks simultaneously) is different from what was in SF2, and different from what is in every other game for that matter. Does this fuzzy blocking stuff still work after Tuesday's patch, and do you guys notice any notable changes to Supes as well?

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
(aka a technique that defeats both high / low attacks simultaneously)
If you fuzzy an attack you're not defending against a high/low simultaneously. You're either blocking high or low (not both), the character animation simply isnt able to visually express such in relation to your input. It's a late reaction block, it still requires skill, it's not an "auto-block."

KDZ

It's amore, BABY.
I actually think what Tom Brady has exposed will actually hurt anyone playing against a Superman. Now a Superman player has no reason to mess with the 2,2,x string leaving him to constantly use F2,3 all day long. Annoying shit...

I can see top 8 at Evo now: 5 Supermen, 1 Aquaman, 1 Deathstroke and 1 Batman.

God, the bias in this post. The fact that Black Adam, Batgirl, Green Lantern, or Killer Frost in that list is insane.

What exactly causes the air dive to hit crossup from a combo ending in f2d13? I've tried it for like a few hours and I can only do it off of a raw f2d13.

Ok I think I figured it out now :)

Raynex

If you're doing F2D13 midscreen (i.e.: 223, F23, F2~scoop, F2D13), dash once and jump forward + dive. Has to be really really fast and low to the ground otherwise it will always whiff. This method gives me a mid-screen cross-up pretty consistently