What's new

Superman General Discussion Thread

F23 - you'll see it used 1,000 times in one Superman match. Just be careful about not spacing it properly and thus whiffing it.
Cool thanks. Now, can you guys explain why this string is so good? I mean yea it juggles but other characters have moves that also juggle, also it doesn't seem to be that fast at startup so I'm confused why would anyone complain about it? I don't even think it's safe.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Cool thanks. Now, can you guys explain why this string is so good? I mean yea it juggles other characters have moves that also juggle, also it doesn't seem to be that fast at startup so I'm confused why would anyone complain about it? I don't even think it's safe.
It is insane because it can be used in 99% of situations.

It has an 8f start up and it is also a mid, this is legit insane seeing as it is also a meterless launch.

It is an easy hitconfirm (thus, you special cancel it block but if you see it hit, you combo)

It is safe, f23xxdb2 leaves you at -1, extremely safe. Sometimes you can challenge their poke with a f2 depending on you far away you pushed them on the breath.

If you need superman tips watch:

@EMPEROR_THEO

KDZ
@Tweedy

and myself (teehee)

I can not find their YT but
My YT (I play mostly EU pros)
"
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqgIVC4qQYDk4_H3IRciGXA

It is insane because it can be used in 99% of situations.

It has an 8f start up and it is also a mid, this is legit insane seeing as it is also a meterless launch.

It is an easy hitconfirm (thus, you special cancel it block but if you see it hit, you combo)

It is safe, f23xxdb2 leaves you at -1, extremely safe. Sometimes you can challenge their poke with a f2 depending on you far away you pushed them on the breath.

If you need superman tips watch:

@EMPEROR_THEO

KDZ
@Tweedy

and myself (teehee)

I can not find their YT but
My YT (I play mostly EU pros)
"
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqgIVC4qQYDk4_H3IRciGXA
Ok thanks man. I didn't think it had such a fast startup, 8f? Looks ways slower honestly. Also I was under the impression that an overhead or low string was better because of the mixup potential, a mid can be blocked anyway, but you'd have to block correctly for an overhead or low. And thanks I'll definitely look at the vids.

gibster13

A fan of fans
Ok thanks man. I didn't think it had such a fast startup, 8f? Looks ways slower honestly. Also I was under the impression that an overhead or low string was better because of the mixup potential, a mid can be blocked anyway, but you'd have to block correctly for an overhead or low. And thanks I'll definitely look at the vids.
Yeah, theres normally a video thread but there was not, so I made one with more videos in it.

His f23 is the best because its speed and being a mid.

You are right in that a mixup like a low or oh is often better but a good advancing mid is truly insane imo.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I don't think I beat a deadshot yesterday. I was going on a rampage after figuring the mu out a little bit today lol. I don't think I lost to one.

You can't really shoot lasers. There's no reason why deadshot should ever get hit by one. dashing from mid range just gives him an opportunity to go in on you and reset his zoning. I stopped doing those things and I've been doing way better. One of the matches I had with Aris was a double flawless lol.
Any footage of this?

Endeavor

So I have been doing a lot of testing and I'm going to say this now, omg NRS you make me sick, your programming is the FUCKING WORST!!!!
So without futher ado let the shit show begin.
F2>trait cancel=+1 or 2 in Igau. In this game it's RANDOMLY 0 or +1 on block.
The same is said for S3.
I have tested this with characters with a 6 frame d1 and a 6 frame s1, i.e. Canary and Capt Cold respectively.
It should be noted that breath frame data is also inconsistent as Capt cold b2 is stated as 10 frames and breath is -1 or so they say. So logically speaking if we were to go f23>breath, F23. The F2 should beat out his b2 cleanly, and trade with s1 which sits at 9 frames. Now in these situations I have had the computer do F23 > breath and randomly smacked him out of the next F23 rep with CC B2, same thing standing 1. It would randomly trade or smack him out of F23. This is also done at point blank range where one could assume frame data should be the most accurate. It's the same story with F2 > trait and S3 > trait into d1. I was able to randomly poke out, trade,or get stuffed. Thoughts, comments, or concerns? The only way I'm and finding a way to consistently stuff CCs B2 is to mash F2 after breath repeatedly so that it comes out on the earliest possible frame.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
So I have been doing a lot of testing and I'm going to say this now, omg NRS you make me sick, your programming is the FUCKING WORST!!!!
So without futher ado let the shit show begin.
F2>trait cancel=+1 or 2 in Igau. In this game it's RANDOMLY 0 or +1 on block.
The same is said for S3.
I have tested this with characters with a 6 frame d1 and a 6 frame s1, i.e. Canary and Capt Cold respectively.
It should be noted that breath frame data is also inconsistent as Capt cold b2 is stated as 10 frames and breath is -1 or so they say. So logically speaking if we were to go f23>breath, F23. The F2 should beat out his b2 cleanly, and trade with s1 which sits at 9 frames. Now in these situations I have had the computer do F23 > breath and randomly smacked him out of the next F23 rep with CC B2, same thing standing 1. It would randomly trade or smack him out of F23. This is also done at point blank range where one could assume frame data should be the most accurate. It's the same story with F2 > trait and S3 > trait into d1. I was able to randomly poke out, trade,or get stuffed. Thoughts, comments, or concerns? The only way I'm and finding a way to consistently stuff CCs B2 is to mash F2 after breath repeatedly so that it comes out on the earliest possible frame.
Mashing a normal doesn't make it come out on the earliest frame. You have to time it for that. I'm timing it and beating out f2 after breath every time. At least the times that I get it out as early as possible when the blockstun ends.

Endeavor

Mashing a normal doesn't make it come out on the earliest frame. You have to time it for that. I'm timing it and beating out f2 after breath every time. At least the times that I get it out as early as possible when the blockstun ends.
Then bodied. Either way the same situation still occurs with F2 and S3 trait cancels.

Tweedy

Noob
Then bodied. Either way the same situation still occurs with F2 and S3 trait cancels.
What testing have you used to determine this?

I just mashed a 6 frame d1 after f2 trait, and randomly it would work not and work. When I time it, it works every time. Are you mashing the d1?

Endeavor

What testing have you used to determine this?

I just mashed a 6 frame d1 after f2 trait, and randomly it would work not and work. When I time it, it works every time. Are you mashing the d1?
Nope. I'm using F2 trait d1, and I'm BA using d1 i have been poking out more often. I have been timing the d1 as on as I trait cancel I just do d1 and I d1 as black Adam in response to the trait flash and most times I'm pokeing out. Beyond what I'm doing what would you say the timing is for trait d1?

Tweedy

Noob
Nope. I'm using F2 trait d1, and I'm BA using d1 i have been poking out more often. I have been timing the d1 as on as I trait cancel I just do d1 and I d1 as black Adam in response to the trait flash and most times I'm pokeing out. Beyond what I'm doing what would you say the timing is for trait d1?
You just have to get a feel for the timing of the blockstun. When I do i'm able to d1 it every time. I don't see the inconsistency.

Endeavor

You just have to get a feel for the timing of the blockstun. When I do i'm able to d1 it every time. I don't see the inconsistency.
Hm, not sure then cause I just press d1 literally as so at I trait cancel but either way I'm at latest happy that I was wrong about that so it look like at worst F2 trait is +1 care to see if it can stuff 6 S1

Tweedy

Noob
Hm, not sure then cause I just press d1 literally as so at I trait cancel but either way I'm at latest happy that I was wrong about that so it look like at worst F2 trait is +1 care to see if it can stuff 6 S1
I always thought f2 trait was 0 but after looking at this it's probably +1. F23 is probably -1. Good stuff.

Endeavor

I always thought f2 trait was 0 but after looking at this it's probably +1. F23 is probably -1. Good stuff.
Can you upload a vid of you beating out a 6 frame d1 consistently? Cause I wanna see what I'm doing wrong, and I'll upload a vid of me and see what you can see.

Last edited: