What's new

Superman General Discussion Thread

Parasurama

Dragon
His best anti air is instant jump 1 imo. It's 5 frames and his grounded anti airs are pretty garbage.

Every trait cancel is 0 or minus. S3 and F2 might be +1 but i'm pretty sure they're 0. Still good since his buttons are so good.

His jump 3 can combo into f23 midscreen. It's really good for blowing up wake ups like Cold's wall and Fate's push.

I have more tips but i'm sure you guys already know most of what I know. Superman is bae.
I need as many tips as I can get....

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
That's good. How are you enjoying him?
I like him. i think he is really good. He plays pretty similar to the first one, and has pretty good damage. His gameplan is kind of basic, but he makes a good pocket pretty much everyone can have. Im a little disappointed he doesn't get more off his new command grab normal though. No setups no nothing. And the damage is not even the most optimal.

Tweedy

Noob
That's awesome I will be playing the same character as tweedy. So nothing new other than B2? I hear that 223 is a garage string now?
I didn't play Inj 1, but 223 combos in the corner. Assuming the frames are correct, it'd be pretty hard to fuzzy 223 or 22 xx scoop, so I guess that's a real mix in the corner. Not sure if i'd do that > his typical hit/throw mix ups.

Tweedy

Noob
f23 trait, f23 xx ex freeze, b3, jump 3, slight walk forward, sweep, is what i'm doing midscreen now. I see a lot of superman's ending with scoop. Was that a better ender in inj 1? I'm not trying to be 0 on hit lol. The combo I listed only sacrifices 2%-3% or so from the normal bnb.

I'm trying to end with sweep every time midscreen. In the corner it's dash punch or breath all day.

Edit: Omitting the second 3 in f23 actually does more damage and makes the combo easier. I'm sure it's common knowledge but you have to excuse my noobness.

Parasurama

Dragon
f23 trait, f23 xx ex freeze, b3, jump 3, slight walk forward, sweep, is what i'm doing midscreen now. I see a lot of superman's ending with scoop. Was that a better ender in inj 1? I'm not trying to be 0 on hit lol. The combo I listed only sacrifices 2%-3% or so from the normal bnb.

I'm trying to end with sweep every time midscreen. In the corner it's dash punch or breath all day.

Edit: Omitting the second 3 in f23 actually does more damage and makes the combo easier. I'm sure it's common knowledge but you have to excuse my noobness.
What do you usually do mid screen after the sweep? And strategy is mainly around spacing? Are thedive bombs very important?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I'd either end with sweep if I need them close e.g - Deadshot, Superman Punch for corner carry, Breath to push them fullscreen, Rising Grab for optimal damage or MB Breath for a standing reset. And then F2D13 for oki purposes.
f23 trait, f23 xx ex freeze, b3, jump 3, slight walk forward, sweep, is what i'm doing midscreen now. I see a lot of superman's ending with scoop. Was that a better ender in inj 1? I'm not trying to be 0 on hit lol.
Scoop wasn't even an viable ender in I1 it was a launcher that pushed them away if you did it a second time, idk why it seems to be so popular as an ender in I2. But then again most people who do use it as an ender seem to only play Superman on the side.

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
So midscreen f23 trait f2 mb breath b3 j3 3 dash punch works but you have to delay the j3 until the last second. It's taking some getting used to but it's probably optimal. Are back forward inputs not coming out all the time for anyone else? They seem less lenient in this game.

In the corner f23 trait 3 11 3 breath works. I kinda think f23 trait 3 11 3 mb breath zap 3 breath might be optimal but i'm having trouble getting the breath after the heat zap. The juggle properties may make this combo impossible but I didn't have time to reeeeally grind the combo and see.

Last thing i'm experimenting with is f23 3 d2 zap in the corner. Will report findings later tonight.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Been experimenting with enders. F2d13 has more advantage on hit the higher it hits in the air. Also, ending in B21 is a hard knockdown, decent damage, and leaves you in the perfect space for another f23 just like his throw.

I really don't like ending in breath anymore because of how long the opponent stays down. Whiffing a f23 is basically death in some matchups.

Has anyone messed around with 2-3 bar combos yet?

Parasurama

Dragon
Been experimenting with enders. F2d13 has more advantage on hit the higher it hits in the air. Also, ending in B21 is a hard knockdown, decent damage, and leaves you in the perfect space for another f23 just like his throw.

I really don't like ending in breath anymore because of how long the opponent stays down. Whiffing a f23 is basically death in some matchups.

Has anyone messed around with 2-3 bar combos yet?
isnt there something better we can do with the hit advantage like f3 or something?

Tweedy

Noob
What do you usually do mid screen after the sweep? And strategy is mainly around spacing? Are thedive bombs very important?
I never really use divebomb unless it's on some maniac shit to close out a round. You can cross people up with jump 3 after sweep, you can just mix with f23 or throw, you can bait their wake ups.

Tweedy

Noob
I don't know much to do with it, its nifty but I am not sure of its place.
It punishes easier than f2 and can punish -8 moves, since it's 7 frames. If you do b3 and mb as he slams them, it'll launch for big damage. It's also really good for those tricky wake up dps that sometimes end up on the other side, in the corner. You can throw them right back in the corner for big damage.