What's new

Superman General Discussion Thread

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Hello fellow superman's, I bought the game yesterday and I'll be happy to partecipe in the discussion, I'm liking superman so far.

Btw 223 combos midscreen into supermove if you wish to spend 4 bars

Tweedy

Noob
Against moves that are super minus with blockstun, you can mash f2 until you see the f2, and then enter the 3. If you try to do f23 too early you'll get f3 obviously.

Last edited:

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Against moves that are super minus with blockstun, you can mash f2 until you see the f2, and then enter the 3. If you try to do f23 too early you'll get f3 obviously.
Hey Mr. Tweedy, why you got to beat Aris so badly?

Overall Supes seems really fun. Pretty similar to the way he was in the first game, just slightly more balanced in my opinion. His Heat Zap travels a lot slower, so timing it for the almost guaranteed chip is a lot harder to do when you knock someone down. Still, his zoning is pretty good in comparison to the rest of the current cast. His B2,1 is probably my favorite move just because of its aesthetic. While Heat Zap no longer combos off of S3, S3 can be chained now to compensate. His midscreen play is still alright, and your main goal (at least for my Supes) is to get your opponent to the corner and go to town. Pretty powerful, just not as powerful as the first rendition. And I'm okay with that.

Tweedy

Noob
Hey Mr. Tweedy, why you got to beat Aris so badly?
I don't think I beat a deadshot yesterday. I was going on a rampage after figuring the mu out a little bit today lol. I don't think I lost to one.

You can't really shoot lasers. There's no reason why deadshot should ever get hit by one. dashing from mid range just gives him an opportunity to go in on you and reset his zoning. I stopped doing those things and I've been doing way better. One of the matches I had with Aris was a double flawless lol.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
I don't think I beat a deadshot yesterday. I was going on a rampage after figuring the mu out a little bit today lol. I don't think I lost to one.

You can't really shoot lasers. There's no reason why deadshot should ever get hit by one. dashing from mid range just gives him an opportunity to go in on you and reset his zoning. I stopped doing those things and I've been doing way better. One of the matches I had with Aris was a double flawless lol.
Yes. I saw them all. I hope there will be a video so I can study. Good stuff. Watching you made me come back to my main.

Parasurama

Dragon

I know it is early but does Supes have any terrible match ups yet?

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter

Is the key just to block / walk into footsie range and abuse Superman's superior tools at that distance?

NHDR

Noob
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna main Superman. At least until Red Hood releases. Seems like he has a balanced gameplan. Is the main focus still landing F23 xx breath? I didn't really use him much in IJ1, just watched tons of matches.

Fate

Noob
I'm liking a cross up setup with him mid-screen after a hard knockdown or something. JI3 can be almost ambiguous at times. With the new B2 you can combo off it either way. If it hits front you can go into a normal F2 BnB (must walk forward a bit after db2mb if it crosses up) or if it crosses up you go into B2 MB3, 3, [bf3 / df2, db1] - depending on screen - without having to react.

Edit: JI3 is also -4 on block so no problem on block.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
I'm liking a cross up setup with him mid-screen after a hard knockdown or something. JI3 can be almost ambiguous at times. With the new B2 you can combo off it either way. If it hits front you can go into a normal F2 BnB (must walk forward a bit after db2mb if it crosses up) or if it crosses up you go into B2 MB3, 3, [bf3 / df2, db1] - depending on screen - without having to react.

Edit: JI3 is also -4 on block so no problem on block.
Jump 3 is actually really plus. Idk what they were doing when inputting the frame data on jump ins.

Tweedy

Noob
I'm not a fan of character discords. I'll probably just post whatever I want to discuss/share on here.

essentially. Superman is a footsies monster. No real OH/Low mixups to speak of. He can zone when the opportunity presents itself.
Tbh, at least off of a blocked jump in, dive bomb and b1 breath is a pretty good mix up in the corner. divebomb only has scaled damage when used on a grounded opponent.

essentially. Superman is a footsies monster. No real OH/Low mixups to speak of. He can zone when the opportunity presents itself.
For me, I definitely got more mileage out of Supes when I spaced with him accurately. While Freeze Breath shenanigans are possible (i.e. Freeze Breath into a held F3 xx Forward Dash into a grab), they aren't as reliable unless your opponents aren't as quick to react as what you probably should expect. Dive bomb after J2 has gotten me some really nice results so far in the corner against most opponents.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I'm not a fan of character discords. I'll probably just post whatever I want to discuss/share on here.

Tbh, at least off of a blocked jump in, dive bomb and b1 breath is a pretty good mix up in the corner. divebomb only has scaled damage when used on a grounded opponent.
Ok. Prob my carryover from i1 that's skewing my bias. Ya the OTG lost its teeth so to speak. I only do it to mb for unclash or to kill for the round now