What's new

Breakthrough Superman Corner Vortex

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
That isn't true. If it was, I would never get hit by dive punches ever.

With really good timing it crosses up even if they tech roll. @MF SLAYER does it perfectly, he's the only one I've seen to have such perfect timing with the dive punch resets.

Trust me, I've practiced rolling the dive punches a LOT (since I'm so anti Superman) and I guarantee that it still works if timed really well.
Does he still use the st 1, d1 setup?

Who IN OUR FORUM wouldn't want to hear from you? Ignore the trolls who don't even play the character. Other Superman players would like you to contribute more.
THIS SET UP IS NICE, MAYBE IF YOU DID F23 3 STRAIGHT LAZER 3TRAIT F2 SCOOP 3 BREATH FOR THE OPTIMAL DAMAGE AND THAN TRIED THIS SAME SET UP IT MIGHT BE MORE HANDY. 1 BIRD IN THE HANDS WORTH 2 IN THE BUSH TYPE STUFF

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
THIS SET UP IS NICE, MAYBE IF YOU DID F23 3 STRAIGHT LAZER 3TRAIT F2 SCOOP 3 BREATH FOR THE OPTIMAL DAMAGE AND THAN TRIED THIS SAME SET UP IT MIGHT BE MORE HANDY. 1 BIRD IN THE HANDS WORTH 2 IN THE BUSH TYPE STUFF
The thing is, I have to save the trait for the guaranteed reset. If I blow my load to freeze them and wait a second to hit a Divebomb right before they thaw, then they have time to react. The trait setup forces them to make an immediate decision.

MAYBE AFTER THE TRAIT D1 SCOOP IF F2 SCOOP IS TOO STRICT
You can just raw scoop if you're feeling ballsy.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
wut
It's a timing issue, not an issue of whether or not trait is activated mid-capture. Two dashes for [opponent] grounded mb freeze, one dash for [opponent] airborne mb freeze. It's better to use heat zap imo because you're at like +20 and don't have a possibility of wasting trait if the opponent blocks the mixup.
No, if you whiff a move (or a trait activation) while an opponent is in a captured state (like frozen, grabbed by zod trait, in batgirls bola although they might have patched that one in particular out because of the infinite, etc.) it drops combos even if there would normally still be time to combo them

Actually @SimSim originally figured this out, there was a thread for it and everything.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
No, if you whiff a move (or a trait activation) while an opponent is in a captured state (like frozen, grabbed by zod trait, in batgirls bola although they might have patched that one in particular out because of the infinite, etc.) it drops combos even if there would normally still be time to combo them

Actually @SimSim originally figured this out, there was a thread for it and everything.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/injustice-gau-freeze-trap-reset-mechanic-by-simsim.38711/ Wow, I totally forgot about this.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
What if instead of using trait to reset after freeze, you did a J2? It gives you enough hitstun to do a B1 or Instant Air Dive Punch into a full combo. That way you can use trait in the combos for massive damage, maybe like this:

Overhead

Low