What's new

INJUSTICE: GAU Freeze/Trap Reset Mechanic by SimSim

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
In this video I explain and show off a mechanic that might have gone overlooked by a lot of Injustice players. The mechanic let's you put a frozen or "trapped" opponent in to a state where they can block if you try to attack them, and where combos will be reset if they get hit. The mechanic is further explained in the video.

well with green arrow there is no mix up, if you end up hitting the opponent with ice then whiffing the attack they can block standing and react to the rest of his string like f2d13 etc so i would go for damage and HK instead. this is best used for getting the super reset 100% of the time instead of waiting or doing 111. you could also do freeze, whiff attaack 33 super if it hits super, if blocked super.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/green-arrow-50-50-reset.38563/

Well at least NRS didnt mess up like early MK9 where this set up led to an unblockable reset.
No.. They actually did haha, but it had to be in combination with another glitch:

The reset works the same as I describe it, but since the MB off the bola is being used after the reset with a whiffed normal/trait/special move, AND is unblockable AND doesn't cost meter, it became an infinite. NRS fixed it though, so now only the reset part remains.

promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
In this video I explain and show off a mechanic that might have gone overlooked by a lot of Injustice players. The mechanic let's you put a frozen or "trapped" opponent in to a state where they can block if you try to attack them, and where combos will be reset if they get hit. The mechanic is further explained in the video.
Awesome

Sent from Sam Wheat in the Phantom Zone. now Free

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm

It says video is private

SimSim

It says video is private
My bad, I changed it!
PS: I am really bad at this tagging people in my posts thing, so if anyone could tag someone from the staff in this thread, that might be able to front page it if they find it important enough, that would be cool:)

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
Great video man. I would do something similar with Superman that was shown in video. I wonder if Scorpion can do it too off of MB Spear, since it similar to Batman's MB Grapple.

SimSim

Great video man. I would do something similar with Superman that was shown in video. I wonder if Scorpion can do it too off of MB Spear, since it similar to Batman's MB Grapple.
I am sure he can. I don't have the characters my self, so I couldn't check.

One thing that is important to note is that the freeze interactable at joker's asylum can not be used with this mechanic.

ando1184

Noob
I tested it I think, and I am actually uncertain if it worked with him. He might have been one of the characters it didn't work with.
Grundy can do it as well for an inescapable trait grab but he gets more damage off of his bnb's IMO. I'm glad someone finally made a vid of this tech, I actually thought it was common knowledge at this point since some online friends and I have been doin this since before zod patch. Good stuff for getting it out there simsim.

SimSim

Grundy can do it as well for an inescapable trait grab but he gets more damage off of his bnb's IMO. I'm glad someone finally made a vid of this tech, I actually thought it was common knowledge at this point since some online friends and I have been doin this since before zod patch. Good stuff for getting it out there simsim.
Yea I am also a little surprised by how it has gone under the radar for a lot of people. I think it has been found and used but not considered to be a somewhat universal mechanic by many.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
so youre saying attack during the recovery frames after a frozen opponent for a potential reset? over the course of a match this could net an extra 30 - 50 % i guess. good news for those characters.

edit: wouldnt this be the main way KF is getting her standard resets?

SimSim

so youre saying attack during the recovery frames after a frozen opponent for a potential reset? over the course of a match this could net an extra 30 - 50 % i guess. good news for those characters.

edit: wouldnt this be the main way KF is getting her standard resets?
I thought KF reset the opponent with the frame advantage with a jump in alone? I don't play her and don't have much experience with her, but I thought that was the deal. Characters with great high low mix ups will most likely want to get the extra damage from the jump in to reset in stead of using this tech, but this reset do open for different mix ups.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I thought KF reset the opponent with the frame advantage with a jump in alone? I don't play her and don't have much experience with her, but I thought that was the deal. Characters with great high low mix ups will most likely want to get the extra damage from the jump in to reset in stead of using this tech, but this reset do open for different mix ups.
Yeah killer frost resets from the frame advantage of nj2, 2 (+22 iirc)

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
7L
This looks pretty interesting. Yo 7l you think we might get more damage off GA ice arrow stuff by using it this way instead of immediately following up?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
7L
This looks pretty interesting. Yo 7l you think we might get more damage off GA ice arrow stuff by using it this way instead of immediately following up?
well with green arrow there is no mix up, if you end up hitting the opponent with ice then whiffing the attack they can block standing and react to the rest of his string like f2d13 etc so i would go for damage and HK instead. this is best used for getting the super reset 100% of the time instead of waiting or doing 111. you could also do freeze, whiff attaack 33 super if it hits super, if blocked super.

SimSim

Btw. 33 xx super on block is very easy to escape now (reversal backdash), but 111 xx super seems to be the hardest non-guaranteed reset both on hit and block.

Zyphox

Btw. 33 xx super on block is very easy to escape now (reversal backdash), but 111 xx super seems to be the hardest non-guaranteed reset both on hit and block.
good stuff, now couldn't you load arrow after that b3 to do this again? i know using 2 bars is hard for some green arrow players who like super reset combos but maybe you could load ice and freeze them again and loop it until you either run out of meter or they guessed correctly.

SimSim

good stuff, now couldn't you load arrow after that b3 to do this again? i know using 2 bars is hard for some green arrow players who like super reset combos but maybe you could load ice and freeze them again and loop it until you either run out of meter or they guessed correctly.
Loading an ice arrow for a "loop" would be possible from a j2 for sure! Something like this:

b3, dash, sky alert, d2 xx load ice arrow, 22 xx d4, f2, cross up 2, 111 xx MB cancel b3, dash, sky alert, d2 xx load ice arrow, 22 xx d4 (This would of course be a huge damage sacrifice, but it is possible to loop it like this)

Zyphox

Loading an ice arrow for a "loop" would be possible from a j2 for sure! Something like this:

b3, dash, sky alert, d2 xx load ice arrow, 22 xx d4, f2, cross up 2, 111 xx MB cancel b3, dash, sky alert, d2 xx load ice arrow, 22 xx d4 (This would of course be a huge damage sacrifice, but it is possible to loop it like this)
awesome so its like GA has his own vortex......sort of lol

SimSim

Well at least NRS didnt mess up like early MK9 where this set up led to an unblockable reset.
No.. They actually did haha, but it had to be in combination with another glitch:

The reset works the same as I describe it, but since the MB off the bola is being used after the reset with a whiffed normal/trait/special move, AND is unblockable AND doesn't cost meter, it became an infinite. NRS fixed it though, so now only the reset part remains.