What's new

Sub-Zero Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokheit

Noob
This looks like the Cryomancer that I always wanted... with the bonus of double the GM than we expected lol. Those aerial moves... THE LIN KUEI IS BACK!!

And finally he teleports again in game, I was tired of seeing it a lot during cinematics but not in gameplay. Awesome reveal.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
This looks like the Cryomancer that I always wanted... with the bonus of double the GM than we expected lol. Those aerial moves... THE LIN KUEI IS BACK!!

And finally he teleports again in game, I was tired of seeing it a lot during cinematics but not in gameplay. Awesome reveal.
Someone forgot that they use gear moves for the trailers aswell.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Leave me alone to play my penis. I'm in kreygasm mode!!!! Can't wait for my boy to come out and lab the shit outta him!

Lokheit

Noob
Ok, quick analisys of what we've seen:

- His model looks way more polished and you can clearly see his skin under the mask.

- J2 uses a sword.

- His 111 Cryo string is back.

- Apparently Frost Bomb from MKX now can be MB into his MKDA-MKD-MKA cold shoulder (which was also his MK9 X-Ray animation).

- Slide changing sides with MB is back.

- MB Iceball freezes, regular Iceball was parried and its effects weren't shown.

- Cryo F122 is back.

- Cryo's command grab is back (they don't show if you can 2in1 it but probably you can.

- B33D4 from MKX is back (hopefully now it's universal as in MKX it would only connect iceball on females).

- F21Throw from MKX is back.

- Ground freeze from MK9 is back (setups boys!)

- B3 is MK9 B2.

- Aerial klone diagonal projectile.

- Regular klone is back and it can still be thrown.

- Cryo's Air Hammer is back and can be meter burned into regular hammer launcher (how many times did I ask for MKX Air hammer to be useful?!?! I'm in tears!!).

- F3 is his hammer (I said I would riot if it wasn't, thankfully it did happen lol).

- His D2 is Cryo's D2 but looks much faster.

- MKX 213 string is back.

- Klone slide projectile (I suspect his klone projectiles will be gear moves).

- His throw animation is AWESOME and uses the character's ability to teleport, something I've been hoping to see for a long time even if the teleport perse isn't used outside animations.

- Klone can be meter burned into air klone for 2 klones.

- J3 is his J3 from MKX.

- 112 string from MKX is back.

- F33 is back too.

- New string starting with 2 kicks?

- Supermove is low and ranged and reaaaaaally swaggy (again using his ability to teleport and his kori weapons).

- Victory pose really captures the spirit of MK!

Last edited:
Could his trait be the clone? That would mean he has a MB trait, air trait, and second use (throw it). That would seem the most fair as it would go away if he got hit, and he could drop it on command if its in a bad spot

Lokheit

Noob
@Lokheit , do we know which move is his character powers (4) and which are gear abilities?
No idea yet, the main theme seems to be kori weapons and klones, but probably some will be gear (my guess is the klone projectiles and the command grab, probably the ice puddle too, but I'm not sure, we will have to wait).

Lokheit

Noob
How about that win pose though? :eek:
You even get the sound of the head getting separated from the body lol. As close as it gets to a fatality without showing actual gore and it really captures the spirit of MK. I had doubts about how they will capture that and they totally nailed it.

And the Supermove is swag on steroids (and I hope he keeps the starter hit for future X-Rays lol).

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
What if regular clone doesn't freeze on hit? I really don't know how likely THAT is but it's a possibilty if the other clones like the air divekick or the slide ones are in his default kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.