What's new

Sub-Zero Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
I had an idea concerning how his ice ball might work, as obviously there's not much meterless special stun/ launchers, what if they do it so his normal one is a relatively fast high that doesnt stun, and the ex is able to stun, but is slower. Iirc, C.Cold has something a bit like this, and its the best way to keep with the trend imo.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Can we, as possible future Sub-zero mains, promise on the honor of the Lin Kuei to only discuss tech in a private Discord group with other confirmed Lin Kuei brothers?
We can. Do you guys want me to kreate a Lin Kuei Discord?

exisTenz

Noob
The clone is his trait I'm calling it. Very interested how it's going to work because I'm sure it won't be the same as MKX clone.

And hopefully he will have a good "cloneless" neutral this time around. Him having the swords already looks promising.

If meterless Ice Ball doesn't freeze, I hope it's pretty fast at least.

Tanno

Wish list of moves for Sub:

His trait should be varying versions of ice ball
Up-Iceball:
Air Iceball:
Ice Beam:
Mine wishlist would be:

Diagonal Iceball (for AA)
Horizontal Iceball
Ice Blast (similar to what Capn Cold has already shown, meaning the huge ice sphere that insta froze the opponent)
Ice floor (for the RC)
Ice Slide (similar to EX Slide of Cyber Sub, but the 2nd part spikes and freezes the opponent)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
BROS HERE'S AN IDEA TO DROOL OVER

Whilst chatting with friend @ChatterBox , I had a really sexy idea.

DUALIST SUB-ZERO

His Trait isn't his Clone.
IT'S STANCES.

Blue Stance gets you the Clone, which you can put anywhere on the screen, MK9 style, his swords, and maybe the Hammer special.

But Shadow Stance gets you...

...wait for it...

...NOOB SAIBOT CLONES.

Standing 4 for Running Man.
Back 4 for Upkick.
Down 4 for Slide.
Up 4 for a CLONE THAT DOES THE TELESLAM.

So...a new take on Nightwing's Escrima, and Ares' Weapons Of War through the filter of THE DARKEST DANKEST NINJA WHO EVER LIVED AND DIED AS SEVERAL DIFFERENT PEOPLE, NOOB FUCKING SAIBOT.

It'll never happen, but HOLY SHIT if it did.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
This is how I want him to be.

Ice ball (ex ice beam)
Slide
Icy freeze from mkvsdc
Tombstone teleport
Ice hammer
Daggers (cold blooded)

Trait: swords

Let us be real here. They aren't going to give him Klone in injustice game.

exisTenz

Noob
Well, If Sub in I2 is Kuai Liang, and according to reveals trailer's description he is (it says "the leader of the Lin Kuei, Bi-Han never was the leader of the Lin Kuei, it's Kuai Liang in both timelines), then he should have the clone, it's his iconic move after all.

I hope he'll be using the dual swords a lot in his neutral game.

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
And like, all of Sub's gear pieces/other looks are designed by Jim Lee..? Oh I just can't wait to see what else he made, Sub looks great!!!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm glad it's Kuai Liang, he's superior to Bi-Han in every way.

And yeah I still feel like he's gonna have the ice klone, it's been his defining feature in every modern NRS game. Whether it is a good thing or bad doesn't matter for this, I do feel like he will have it.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
And yeah I still feel like he's gonna have the ice klone, it's been his defining feature in every modern NRS game. Whether it is a good thing or bad doesn't matter for this, I do feel like he will have it.
@Ryu Hayabusa
Let's not forget about roll being in this game. Everyone has an option to get around it. Then there's air dash characters and leap characters and teleporters and good fireballs. It'll be good but not busted is my prediction.

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
If any DLC characters get Premier skins, I can totally see Sub getting one.
To my knowledge Zod is the only DLC character in recent NRS games to get an alternate skin.

There's a good chance DLC characters may get alternate looks (separate from gear pieces) this time around. What kind of premier skin would you like Sub to have if he could get one?

Lokheit

Noob
https://www.injustice.com/characters/sub-zero

His official site bio:

SUB-ZERO

“I SEEK A WORTHY KOMBATANT.”

To honor his murdered brother, Kuai Liang entered the second Mortal Kombat tournament to exact revenge against Scorpion. With his retribution complete, he returned home to assume leadership of the Lin Kuei clan, as its Grandmaster, the second Sub-Zero turned the organization into one of Earthrealm’s most dependable allies.

Tanno

Me likes his pic. I'll have to hit Inspect stuff to find his image to rip it off this site.

edit: just ripped this off. Will need Capn Cold's pic and I'm off to make a good Twitter wallpaper.

Lokheit

Noob
Can't wait to see his intro and clash dialogues against Cyborg, having experience as a former cyborg in the new timeline, coming back to human form and defeating Sektor and his army of tekunin cyber ninjas, I'm sure Kuai Liang will have some words to say to him, either pity about his condition or spiteful about his embrace of his cyborg side.

Lokheit

Noob
@Gilbagz damn I just realized I didn't tag you in the first page post!

It looks like we will get the Cryo we deserved if they're indeed focusing on his weapons as much as the trailer... I could cry of happiness if he gets the neutral game he never had as Cryo :D

Tanno

@Gilbagz damn I just realized I didn't tag you in the first page post!

It looks like we will get the Cryo we deserved if they're indeed focusing on his weapons as much as the trailer... I could cry of happiness if he gets the neutral game he never had as Cryo :D
You mean that he never had a decent neutral game as a whole. His strongest game was the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.