What's new

Sub-Zero Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokheit

Noob
Sub-Zero model is already in the game with this update! Go say hi to the Grandmaster in the Customize Character window!

Gear confirmed to be the WHOLE weapons set (Sword, Dagger and Hammer, they're all prsent in the model preview), this also confirms the command throw as main moveset!!

EDIT: Also, while not shown in his trailer, it seems like the main costume has a long cape (like in the concept art).

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Sub-Zero model is already in the game with this update! Go say hi to the Grandmaster in the Customize Character window!

Gear confirmed to be the WHOLE weapons set (Sword, Dagger and Hammer, they're all prsent in the model preview), this also confirms the command throw as main moveset!!

EDIT: Also, while not shown in his trailer, it seems like the main costume has a long cape (like in the concept art).
How do you know about these stuff regarding the weapons and command grab?

Lokheit

Noob
How do you know about these stuff regarding the weapons and command grab?
Character's that don't have their item gear slot with them all the time show it in the customize screen (Black Adam's Orbs, Atrocitus cat, etc...). Sub-Zero wields the sword, the dagger and the hammer is standing in the ground next to him (and also the design is different than the one I saw on his trailer).

His only move with daggers that I recall is the command grab so if it's as important to be part of his item slot in the gear menu, then it has to be part of his main moveset.

Basically it it's still a 2in1, ending corner combos with grab into klone will give you more or less the same distance and advantage than the old F21 into klone, so I don't think it would be as OP as Tom said it would be because MKX command grab put some distance between you and your opponent and the klone moves you back a bit too before popping.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I can see that the MK9, Revenant and other kostumes are returning.

@Madzin , yours Noob Saibot as you requested.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Sub's gear looks sick, I just hope they have Yellow, Red, Grey(they kind of have darker grey) and perhaps Chameleon's color.

Lokheit

Noob
Kind of expected he would get shadders for klassic ninjas.

Still hoping to see his Deception helmet, this is too big of an opportunity to miss it. One of the hoodies kind of give a similar vibe but I need that helmet.

So far I'm liking the one with the mask on but showing his hair, with the white shadder you could get something similar to his alternate revenant costume from MKX (or the way he looked in the comics with the mask on but no hood).

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Kind of expected he would get shadders for klassic ninjas.

Still hoping to see his Deception helmet, this is too big of an opportunity to miss it. One of the hoodies kind of give a similar vibe but I need that helmet.

So far I'm liking the one with the mask on but showing his hair, with the white shadder you could get something similar to his alternate revenant costume from MKX (or the way he looked in the comics with the mask on but no hood).
Same lol, I just hope he has Ermac,Scorpion and Tremor shader!! I can see Smoke, Noob etc Lin Kuei and all that but they put Reptile lol so I hope they'd put the rest of the ninja colors. Also, I agree the hoodies are cool and look shredder like, but that one helmet I can imagine may be epic rare gear or something, but I am digging that one mask with the freaking wires through it lol(not the default mask which is also sick though) he has so many lol. But anyone else think some of those hoodies looks like Assassin's Creed? lol

Lokheit

Noob
Btw I just realized seeing the gear videos that Sub-Zero belongs to the "Superman" stats distribution, which means he will be one of the easier to kill characters in the game (combining the effects of HP and DEF, if the "Superman tier" had 100 HP like in MKX, then the "Batman tier" which is the hardest to kill would have 107.14 HP).

exisTenz

Noob
After watching the gear video again, it looks like the accessory will be his belt and not the ice weapons. I saw same chest pieces with different belts and the other way around.

Lokheit

Noob
After watching the gear video again, it looks like the accessory will be his belt and not the ice weapons. I saw same chest pieces with different belts and the other way around.
His hammer in the gear window is different than the one in the video. The fact that all 3 weapons are shown in that window with the hammer in the ground can only mean they're changing elements as for example you don't see Harley's hammer on her screen while Black Adam has his orbs shown. The belt will just be a module of torso pieces (all gear in the game works in modules, there are a number of "bases" with pieces attached to them if you stop to look closely to each piece you start seeing patterns).

My bet is that the same way Wonder Woman has gear changing the sword and shield (in some cases same sword and different shield and vice versa) Subby will get gear featuring different combinations of sword/dagger/hammer as all 3 are shown.

exisTenz

Noob
His hammer in the gear window is different than the one in the video. The fact that all 3 weapons are shown in that window with the hammer in the ground can only mean they're changing elements as for example you don't see Harley's hammer on her screen while Black Adam has his orbs shown. The belt will just be a module of torso pieces (all gear in the game works in modules, there are a number of "bases" with pieces attached to them if you stop to look closely to each piece you start seeing patterns).

My bet is that the same way Wonder Woman has gear changing the sword and shield (in some cases same sword and different shield and vice versa) Subby will get gear featuring different combinations of sword/dagger/hammer as all 3 are shown.
Yeah, it makes sense. I'm really excited to see a bunch of different Hammers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.