What's new

Guide - Grandmaster Sub-Zero GRANDMASTER Guide

Durango I thought you main Cryo. I even wanted to ask you for some easy BnB of that variation. Regardig your question are you playing online? If you do I suggest trying b2, 242, 1..1,1xxxclone njp,fjp,njk

Durango

Enhancer
Durango I thought you main Cryo. I even wanted to ask you for some easy BnB of that variation. Regardig your question are you playing online? If you do I suggest trying b2, 242, 1..1,1xxxclone njp,fjp,njk
I can't do Cryo anymore. Too many bad matchups and overall very impractical. The Hammer is too slow to make it an effective mixup, and as someone on one of the threads said, it's not the rushdown style that it appears to be.

Lets hope that it will get some buffs like Ninjutsu did recently. Also seemingly dead variation and now I want to try it out since again it has the biggest dmg output if I heard right.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Cryo has 31% from just b2 into f421+2. Mainly your entire purpose is to do three of those in a round and then spam slide until you win.

I find it really funny because that's exactly what I did when I used to main cryo. I literally did like 2 one bar combos and then uppercut. Now I main TG raiden and the game became much more exciting to be honest. There is no satisfaction like successfully pulling off a LRC combo haha

Suntan Superman

Never outshine the Master
I can't do Cryo anymore. Too many bad matchups and overall very impractical. The Hammer is too slow to make it an effective mixup, and as someone on one of the threads said, it's not the rushdown style that it appears to be.
yeah I think the ex hammer is mainly a counter to armored moves and cyro's playstyle is mainly punish, freeze, armor break, and punish. I believe this because subby's mid screen 50/50's are sooo unsafe...

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I think that was me who said that. And it's on point. Nothing about him is rushdown. Unbreakable is even more rushdown than him. He's built to be footsies, unlike Ninjutsu however who got decent to great strings and normals, Sub got nothing at all worthwhile with his sword other than a slightly improved uppercut. He needs more to justify this choice in variation, and for good measure I'm just going to mention that the neutral reset is fine and other people need to move off of that.

Suntan Superman

Never outshine the Master
So, what did brady say about playing sub in his live stream the other day?

Is there an archive?
He said he's done with Subby Z after EVO and moving on to predator as his main because Sub is probably not getting fixed. p.s. stupid question but whats STB mean?

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
123,slide
B33,ex hammer, b2, run cancel hold forward to make f42 1+3 easier
B21 same combo as above
F122 b21 ice ball njp f421+3
Corner Same combos as b33 and b21 but add a s1 before f421+3

Last edited:

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Fine!

Since I don't see any old guard posting in here much...

It's either you or @NB Semi Evil Ryu for new Grandmaster.

I propose a battle to the death (aka FT10). :p
I accept your nomination.

And as your future Grandmaster, I vow to visit this forum once a week! And I will actually post something in these forums once a month!

And it will probably be a meme!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Alright... so here's what I've been doing with sub zero lately midscreen and it seems to be working rather well. Now, blow me up if you like, but I think it's better to post stuff and have multiple ppl looking at a piece of tech than not.

So, off of Sub's normal B12 freeze combo... what kind of damage does he get? He gets around 30% ending in a slide and corner carry.

So, I decided to start doing the following: B12 freeze whiff clone jip B12. And end it there. That leaves Sub at +20 and does 22% damage, 8 less than his normal combo. However, it gives you a free 50/50 with B2 or B33. Guess right and go right back into the situation for another 22% plus 50/50 OR do the whole combo this time for 30% + 22% for a total of 52%. There's always the thread of a throw attempt as well for 12% + 22%. Now of course, you guess wrong and you can clone/ex clone from b33 or get punished from the b2 on block.

It's not much, but I think it's worth the risk considering sub has low damage midscreen.