What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

Creepy00

Noob
Well, most people online don't like to play against GM subzero and/or lack the patience to deal against the ice clone. It was the same for MK9 as well, people choosing counterpicks to subzero. If you are getting frustrated about getting counter-picked, then pick a secondary character. At this point, I think most of us here have a secondary or more characters under our belt.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Well, most people online don't like to play against GM subzero and/or lack the patience to deal against the ice clone. It was the same for MK9 as well, people choosing counterpicks to subzero. If you are getting frustrated about getting counter-picked, then pick a secondary character. At this point, I think most of us here have a secondary or more characters under our belt.
No I know I have a Tremor as well. It's just irritating literally watching them pick one character, see me pick GM Sub, and deselect their character to counterpick me lol.

No I know I have a Tremor as well. It's just irritating literally watching them pick one character, see me pick GM Sub, and deselect their character to counterpick me lol.
That's what I found too but that's not only to GM (just GM is hated the most I guess).
And not even in ranked but a simple player match.

Easy to practice the counters just quite pointless and frustrating. I can understand the people though. They don't want to be frustrated that's why they frustrate you. GM has big favored and bid under dog matchups. That's why it is not good for fun just for tournament.

That's why I am skipping playing GM instead. :SS

But it is funny to see that even the worst players know the counter-picks of the characters lol. I don't play top tier characters so I don't have ultimate answer for it but never mind I play for fun.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah I play Sektor also. In no way shape or form so I want to fuck around with D'Vorah.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
I use to think all females were bad MU's but now I'm finding I like playing females. B33 iceball connects and now I have a corner combo that works on them

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
What are some opinions on Sub-Zero (GM) Vs. Triborg (Cyrax)? (like MU statistics)
I hope I have the recording but I went against a really good Cyrax player who did the whole Net 50/50 on me but I still came out 2/3 online. (By sheer luck of his tele into my clone)
I was wondering if anyone had fought Cyrax with Sub-Zero and felt alittle pressured with Cyrax. (Same goes with the rest of the Cyber Ninjas but Cyrax really urked me.)

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
^is it that one vertical tele 50/50 for Sektor? and thanks man I'll keep that in mind when I go on tonight.
Need to work on my wall pressure combos. Never can get the 2x B2 when I pressure with the Klone.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
^is it that one vertical tele 50/50 for Sektor? and thanks man I'll keep that in mind when I go on tonight.
Need to work on my wall pressure combos. Never can get the 2x B2 when I pressure with the Klone.
I'm assuming you mean b2,b2 corner combo. If you're having issues you can always do b2, 242, 1, 1 1 xx clone. It's extremely consistent on the entire kast.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
Let me rephrase, when I put the Klone up when they are in the corner and they are low blocking anticipating my bad habit (I have a bad habit of doing low strings and sliding) I try to B2 them twice then 242 B1, 2 EX Ice Blast then Uppercut. (That's my usual go to but I'm not good at executing it in matches when it counts).

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
Let me rephrase, when I put the Klone up when they are in the corner and they are low blocking anticipating my bad habit (I have a bad habit of doing low strings and sliding) I try to B2 them twice then 242 B1, 2 EX Ice Blast then Uppercut. (That's my usual go to but I'm not good at executing it in matches when it counts).
B2 B2 242? Don't use that. Use nothing that costs meter.

B2, B2, D1, B12 xx clone is what you should be using against male characters.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
B2 B2 242? Don't use that. Use nothing that costs meter.

B2, B2, D1, B12 xx clone is what you should be using against male characters.
I'll have to try that and incorporate it in my repertoire. How’s the damage output?
Now I'm assuming that won't be as consistent with female characters? My friend plays Mileena (Piercing) and it's annoying fighting him.

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
I'll have to try that and incorporate it in my repertoire. How’s the damage output?
Now I'm assuming that won't be as consistent with female characters? My friend plays Mileena (Piercing) and it's annoying fighting him.
Unfortunately it's not. Id use b2, 242, 1, 11 xx clone on females for consistency. There may be higher damaging but I find this one very easy to land and set them back up.

Tender

Noob
@boba_buster I do njp f12 ender after clone, u lose jip but u get consistency for the f12, 112 recovery is too long and the position is too forward to get a good clone after.