What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Dvorah is Subby's worst match up. SQ 7-3. Really hard time. Any tips.. hmm she does have only one armored special. Weak wake up options. However she does have answer for almost every subby's option.

Yeah this match up is extremely frustrating man lol. Thank you for the video!

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Imo Cryomancer is the way to go for D'Vorah. But this matchup got harder after the patch. Before you could crush her wake up with jump in 1 1 after a hammer ended. Idk if this is a thing now that her armor is faster... This is gonna be a tough match any way you slice it. Don't use ice ball, it's useless in this matchup. I suppose something that could help is when doing a one bar combo, just F42gap xx ice blast F12 for the frame advantage and force the mixup. Anything that keeps the momentum from D'Vorah. Another thing is that she neglects one of Cryomancer's strengths. Usually you shouldn't break, because Cryomancer can deal more damage to make up for it but D'vorah goes blow for blow dealing just as much damage sometimes meter less. Breaking might be a good option to take away her stamina. I'd recommend trying to stay just outside F4 range and try to force something to whiff, or do a cross up, or a D4. D4 tends to be a good help in this match, good range and it's like plus 17. Air hammer is good if you get her in the corner because it crushes wake ups. And if all else fails, 50/50. This is a really tough matchup but it's not unwinnable imo, it's just really dumb.
Thank you very much man! Will definitely keep working in the match up.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Go in practice mode and learn to punish her unsafe shit with cryo , go for big damage against mileena , ain't played many since she's been buffed but never had much trouble with her before

Creepy00

Noob
And if that doesn't work or mileena is still giving you trouble, you may want to consider picking up a pocket or secondary character. After all, tom said that the sub vs mileena was a looped-side match up for subzero, almost unwinnable.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Her zoning is pretty good against sub, and her teleport and small hitbox makes things a hassle. Then sub zero doesn't do too much damage mid screen then when you get her in the corner you don't get max damage and the combos can be inconsistent. So I'll definitely just learn cryomancer.

The hitbox "fixes" have made it even harder for sub zero to combo females consistently. Now you can barely do two B2s even if males are ducking. GOOD SHIT DAWG

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
So once we r in it, gg?
Well, kind of. The thing about Cyrax against GM Sub is, in my opinion, is in Subs favour. He has very poor wake up options and everything he does can be reacted too especially in the corner. Basically once you have him there, he's done. Sektor and Smoke I find different but Cyrax gets to hold that.

We do good meterless damage in the corner, save your meter for a breaker and play carefully.

Creepy00

Noob
I don't know about being the worst MU in the game, but yeah it is pretty tough for smoke. The ice clone puts so much work in the MU as it deal with every other tool he has. Like Smoke can't teleport, his smoke bomb and spear get stopped by the ice clone, and can't use his fade towards properly in the corner as he will get frozen mid-animation. This is like sun god Kotal vs GM Subzero all over again.

Guys I did some practicing with sub GM after a few weeks break and I realized that B2 RC F42 Slide is whiffing a lot. The slide seems just too fast and slides below the opponent without hit.
What happened with that combo I don't remember that stuffs from before (somewhere frame changes I didnt realize yet?).
At least I know I can/must do it slower just curious. :)

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Guys I did some practicing with sub GM after a few weeks break and I realized that B2 RC F42 Slide is whiffing a lot. The slide seems just too fast and slides below the opponent without hit.
What happened with that combo I don't remember that stuffs from before (somewhere frame changes I didnt realize yet?).
At least I know I can/must do it slower just curious. :)
It's been like that since day one , it actually got easier after the sept. 8th patch when they nerfed run cancels all together. It was way worse befor the patch