What's new

Match Footage Stryker Videos

Espio

Kokomo
here is the first of a few of my very first stryker matches

http://www.telly.com/J19UM

youtube wasnt letting me upload from my phone for some reason

this was the only match that I won the entire day with him =/
Not too bad actually :). My recommendation for punishing Kano's cannonballs is to use 1,2 gun shot, 1,2 roll toss, timing isn't too daunting and you get a nice 30% combo and send him away full screen. Great use of standing 1 anti-air too that was nice.

My favorite gun cancel set up is 1,2 gun cancel, which is +1 so that was awesome to see you seem to have a pretty good grasp of some of his set ups.

Off of jump in punches I wouldn't use roundhouse it's quite negative on block and you build less meter than if you use safer options like back 1,2,2 and Back 2, forward 2 for example. Other than that everything's looking pretty good :).

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Not too bad actually :). My recommendation for punishing Kano's cannonballs is to use 1,2 gun shot, 1,2 roll toss, timing isn't too daunting and you get a nice 30% combo and send him away full screen. Great use of standing 1 anti-air too that was nice.

My favorite gun cancel set up is 1,2 gun cancel, which is +1 so that was awesome to see you seem to have a pretty good grasp of some of his set ups.

Off of jump in punches I wouldn't use roundhouse it's quite negative on block and you build less meter than if you use safer options like back 1,2,2 and Back 2, forward 2 for example. Other than that everything's looking pretty good :).
if I did standing 4 off of any jump in it was an accident, haha

I actually just watched your whole video guide so I know a lot more now

just curious, does he have any harder but more damaging combos than what you mentioned in there? I'm pretty confident in my execution

also LETHAL LEGEND needs to give me tips!

Espio

Kokomo

just curious, does he have any harder but more damaging combos than what you mentioned in there? I'm pretty confident in my execution

Oh lol I wasn't sure if you knew that or not, my apologies.

Cool, glad you checked it out and it was useful :).

Are you talking about the 1,2 punish I mentioned above or the ones in the video like back 2 forward 2?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Oh lol I wasn't sure if you knew that or not, my apologies.

Cool, glad you checked it out and it was useful :).

Are you talking about the 1,2 punish I mentioned above or the ones in the video like back 2 forward 2?
the ones that I took from your video were

B122 > NJP > 12 xx Gun Shot > 11 xx Roll or standing 3 reset

and

B2F2 > 12 xx Gun Shot > 11 xx Roll or standing 3 reset

are there better but harder ones or are those his max damage?

Espio

Kokomo

and

Back 1,2,2 NJP, 2, gun shot, 1,2 roll toss does more damage. 39% with jump in punch.

Back 2, forward 2, 1,2, gun shot, 1,2 roll toss is 37% for a punish on Quan's teleport/Raiden's superman. I can't think of a higher one off of that string unless you put meter on it.

It's 40% with a jump in punch.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao

and

Jip-b1,2,2-njp-dash up a bit-2-gun shot-1,2-roll does 39% no meter
Jip-b2,f2-1,2-gun shot-1,2-roll 40% no meter.
Jip-b3,2-4-roll does like 29% if I remember right

Jip-b1,2,2-njp-dash up-3-en gun shot-1,2- roll 43%

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!

I believe this is 32%... maybe 29% without the JP

Remember he hits like a truck. 3 good guess on 2 reset and you eat 90%+ damage. and that's without meter

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao

Remember he hits like a truck. 3 good guess on 2 reset and you eat 90%+ damage. and that's without meter
Yea, that sounds right. I don't use b3,2 often unless I have my opponent in the corner

LEGEND

YES!

These are his only semi difficult combos:

B122 (quick dash cancel) 12-Gunshot (the 1 will wiff) 12-roll toss

B2F2, 12-gunshot, 12-Roll Toss

B32, 11-Gunshot, D4-Roll toss
-
Standing 3 is his standard counter poke
B32 can be used to punish a wiffed poke on a read
D4-G/C is how you will start most of your offense, 2 and 3 have great range and beat out pokes so get a feel for them and link them with G/C
standing 4 is -12 on block and doesn't force your opponent to respect a linked special because of its low cancel advantage
Standing 4 is best used as an AA and defensive poke
D3 to standing 3 beats most characters counter poke to his Blocked D3. Condition you opp to resect followups to your D3
Build Meter For armored parries. Ex baton Swepp and Ex Roll toss after some negative Attacks, make them respect it
Roll toss Blocked? Fuck it, EX ROLL TOSS!

i guess thats about it for now

Espio

Kokomo

32% with jump in in punch and 29% without, yes that's correct.

EGP Wonder_Chef

hmm you can also do

B122 > slight walk forward NJP > 12 xx Gun > 12 xx roll

although it does 38/41 damage still

anyway here is another one of my matches from the other day, I can see a bunch of mistakes I made now

it's the same person as the kano, he beat me the 2nd and 3rd game with kitana =[

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Here's my Stryker getting bodied by Lulzlou 's Kabal. Hate the match up so much, yet I still choose to play it. You'll see how salty I get in the video lol.

Lulzlou

Noob
As I said in the youtube video,
I was practicing Anti-Airs and it shows you how bad the match up is lol. Stryker can do nothing against kabal. I stopped caring after the 30min mark because I got the anti airs a lot at a point. You should have picked Rain instead even though its not much better.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
As I said in the youtube video,
I was practicing Anti-Airs and it shows you how bad the match up is lol. Stryker can do nothing against kabal. I stopped caring after the 30min mark because I got the anti airs a lot at a point. You should have picked Rain instead even though its not much better.
All my characters get destroyed by Kabal. The shit I go through for using low tiers. #FirstWorldProblems