What's new

Strategy Stryker Frame Data

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
23 - 25 = -2, the cancel advantage minus the minimum duration.
I have this to say to that: B2~regular gun cancel into standing 1 combos.
The execution must be a pain in the ass tho, because I tried it for a while and only canceling EN Gunshot allowed me to combo (not that it's practical anyway lol).

Do you think B1 would actually combo after the EN G/C? That would be on hell of a flashy combo :)

EDIT: Thanks BTW :)

Somberness

Lights
The execution must be a pain in the ass tho, because I tried it for a while and only canceling EN Gunshot allowed me to combo (not that it's practical anyway lol).

Do you think B1 would actually combo after the EN G/C? That would be on hell of a flashy combo :)

EDIT: Thanks BTW :)
It should, there's 2 frames where you can do it.

LEGEND

YES!
How bad are we fucked? LOL

if you are serious on that comment, I think I will be spending less time with him and take out some dust off of my kenshi and smoke lol...
i went from being really exited to being very scared in like 5 min. lol

everything i thought i knew was universally off by about 4 frames

Espio

Kokomo
Somberness Thank you for doing this for all of this, you are fabulous, marvelous, epic, classy, stylish, hardworking, amazing and any other positive adjective in the book:).

I'm a bit worried about some of those numbers, -7 roll toss and -11 baton sweep in particular, I'll just have to be more careful I suppose.

I'm just shocked that Sonya has a -3 cartwheel and roll toss is -7, interesting decisions by NRS I guess.

Actually I was waiting for you or Espio872 to comment on it. This is still jibbrish to me but it doesnt look like stryker has much going on for him
I'm not much of an expert; however, I'm not thrilled by what I see in a nutshell, but let's look on the brightside, this will cause Stryker players to refine their gameplay and strategies, so we can level up alongside the community with this new data:).

I originally wrote up a negative reply, but I deleted it because you know what? I'm going to find a way to make him work still, knowledge is power so I will find a way around this, I'm seeing a great use for 1,1 pressure will come into play as well as 1,2 and more back 1,2,2 for good measure.

Gun shot being -1 is awesome.

back 3,2 being -3 is also amazing

1,1 being 0 on block is legit

1,2 being zero= yay.

back 1,2,2 being only -2 which is Stryker's bnb is another positive trait.

We've got a lot to think about some of it positive, others worriesome,let's be positive:).

If you mean with a full combo, he can't as the 2 will whiff. Only Kung Lao can do it (2,1~spin) as Sonya's standing 1 hits on the 8th frame from that far out.

So only Kung Lao can punish it? Nobody else?

If so that makes me feel better about the move, I don't care about getting down 1/3/4'd as long as I don't eat a 30+% punish I'm fine (exception being Kung Lao as you stated).

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Espio872 the thing that tick me off is that 3/4 of his moves and normals were already useless. With this data now the 1/4 that we thought was useful turn out to be... Well...

Ppl weren't afraid of him and now that they will know how to deal with him will get him bullied even more. Most of his somewhat safe/neutral normals whiff.

Anyway I'll try to stay positive (I don't see how) and just play him for fun.

Espio

Kokomo
Espio872 the thing that tick me off is that 3/4 of his moves and normals were already useless. With this data now the 1/4 that we thought was useful turn out to be... Well...

Ppl weren't afraid of him and now that they will know how to deal with him will get him bullied even more. Most of his somewhat safe/neutral normals whiff.

Anyway I'll try to stay positive (I don't see how) and just play him for fun.
We've known Stryker wasn't that good for quite a while, possibly bottom 10 almost since release.

I'm glad people will know how to deal with him so that they can make us step up our game and refine our strategies, it's why I'm not as worried.

Well good luck with whatever you do.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
OH SNAP!!!!!!! Espio can finally compete with his stryker haha j/k ;p Thanks once again Somberness. :)

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Somberness Thank you for doing this for all of this, you are fabulous, marvelous, epic, classy, stylish, hardworking, amazing and any other positive adjective in the book:).

I'm a bit worried about some of those numbers, -7 roll toss and -11 baton sweep in particular, I'll just have to be more careful I suppose.

I'm just shocked that Sonya has a -3 cartwheel and roll toss is -7, interesting decisions by NRS I guess.

I'm not much of an expert; however, I'm not thrilled by what I see in a nutshell, but let's look on the brightside, this will cause Stryker players to refine their gameplay and strategies, so we can level up alongside the community with this new data:).

I originally wrote up a negative reply, but I deleted it because you know what? I'm going to find a way to make him work still, knowledge is power so I will find a way around this, I'm seeing a great use for 1,1 pressure will come into play as well as 1,2 and more back 1,2,2 for good measure.

Gun shot being -1 is awesome.

back 3,2 being -3 is also amazing

1,1 being 0 on block is legit

1,2 being zero= yay.

back 1,2,2 being only -2 which is Stryker's bnb is another positive trait.

We've got a lot to think about some of it positive, others worriesome,let's be positive:).

So only Kung Lao can punish it? Nobody else?

If so that makes me feel better about the move, I don't care about getting down 1/3/4'd as long as I don't eat a 30+% punish I'm fine (exception being Kung Lao as you stated).
I like your attitude sir.

Espio

Kokomo
Baton sweep will have to be a combo ender from now on to keep it safe.

I can't believe I have been letting Stryker players get away with that D4~Baton Sweep bullshit.
lol well nobody knew, not even Stryker players. I'm not going to lie I thought it was -5 because nobody punished me for it so I presumed it was really safe...oh well:oops:.

Edit: I also hate doing gimmicky things...so I'm greatful I know to never do that again lol.

Somberness How punishable is 2,3,2 on block?

I know it has a ton of pushback, but at -28 I'd imagine it's still pretty punishable by maybe Cage's shadow kick at least or can some people full combo punish this string?

Best to cancel into roll toss after the 2,3 I presume since it leave him at -7.

Somberness

Lights
Somberness How punishable is 2,3,2 on block?

I know it has a ton of pushback, but at -28 I'd imagine it's still pretty punishable by maybe Cage's shadow kick at least or can some people full combo punish this string?

Best to cancel into roll toss after the 2,3 I presume since it leave him at -7.
Everyone can full punish.

Espio

Kokomo
Everyone can full punish.
Okay that's what I was thinking, I'm making a personal list of strings and specials to avoid using to refine my gameplan, Jade and Stryker have a similar amount of very unsafe strings, I trimmed out hers and made her work, so this shouldn't be too difficult:).

I'll just have to special cancel into roll or not use it, which I rarely use this string anyway because of how slow it is, the good news so far is that Stryker has a decent amount of 0 to -3 strings that lead to big damage and I can see a future use for 1,1 pressure off of a down 3 mix up like Jade has and then go into a throw mix up, trip, low poke, or other safe string.

Hugs for Somberness:) , thank you for answering all my pesky questions in such a timely manner lol.

Espio

Kokomo
You can punish that option as well. :p
23's cancel advantage on block is +7 while roll hits on the 21st frame. That leaves a 14 frame gap, I think you could even neutral jump punch it.
Oh crap that string is too useless...lol. I'll remove that from my list too if it has a 14 frame gap, I don't like that, jumps are like 8 frames I believe.

Oh well back to the drawing board:coffee:.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Wow, thanks a bunch for this, Somberness

Man, I thought for sure 1, 2 g/c on block could jail into standing 4 if you cancelled the dash forward fast enough (the blockstun animation looks that way). Not that it matters, because Stryker may as well change his name to Everything I Do Hits High And Whiffs Crouch Blocking Opponents.

Standing 4 is -12 and 3 is -9 on block? Big ouch. Roll toss being -7 isn't terrible, I like that gun is only -1, and B3 being -3 is good. But damn, B2 being -17 and B2B4 being -12 hurts. B1 being 0 on block is good, but once again it hits high and has 16 frames of start up.

Man. This is a huge blow to Stryker. I'm trying to stay optimistic because standing 3, standing 4, B2, and roll toss are such good footsie tools. I just thought everyone would be wrong once Stryker's frame data came out. Turns out, they were 100% right.

I won't give up on police brutality yet, but.. ouch.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So Krys9984 and I are doing a video for Jade on when to EN Glow during block strings. What strings for Stryker do you know FOR SURE have gaps? Somberness anyone?