What's new

Street Fighter X Tekken ; Tekken X Street Fighter

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Man...my day just went from good to amazing...I'm seriously too excited.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
That seems pretty interesting. I want to see the Namco version. And the trailer is lame. :\

This has me more interested than MK9. Where is Kabal? :(

Tim Static

Adminerator
I went to work all night and me and some of my dudes couldnt stop talking about how stupid this is.

Ugh. bad bad bad.

At least we're getting a good SF game with netplay. Hopefulyl GGPO does the netcode.

AC1984

Kaballin!
gghhhhh.....another N-sync backstreet boys concert....little girls scream and they do not even have an idea why they do it.....One of the best fighting games combines with the worse fighting game of all time....give me a break...

Long live Mortal Kombat!!!!! If Mk9 does not turn out any good ill def. scratch my tat with a knife...

OMG couple of dudes in the crowd jizzed!!!!!!!!!!!!

DevilJin

Noob

Youtube embed...

I honestly think this will be good. I can't wait to see the Tekken version.

@Tim- Hey you gotta admit, it's a much better concept then MKvsDC.

mhtdtr

Ancestors, give me strength!
i dont like it very much. seem the same that ssfiv with tekken chars and tag ultras ala mvc2. im sure will be an unbalance game with more than 40 chars. i hope be wrong but i dont trust ono a lot.

Noob
Basically, I have a feeling that the "less broken" version will be the tournament standard... which I believe will be the Capcom version. Most likely because there are SO MANY more SF players than Tekken players, the SFxTekken version will outsell the TxSF version... though I def. think that the fans will buy both games.

I'm interested to see if SxT is Tekken chars in a SF environment and TxS is SF chars in a Tekken environment. My other question is, will they use some kind of "groove" style where you can pick if you want to play any character in a S or T style. I think it will be interesting to see the SF characters using the advanced juggle system that Tekken allows though. Of all the new announcements, 3sOE definitely excites me the most, but I'm intrigued by this.... Either way, I won't get ripped off for either game... and I'll have both of them approximately a week early.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Basically, I have a feeling that the "less broken" version will be the tournament standard... which I believe will be the Capcom version. Most likely because there are SO MANY more SF players than Tekken players, the SFxTekken version will outsell the TxSF version... though I def. think that the fans will buy both games.

I'm interested to see if SxT is Tekken chars in a SF environment and TxS is SF chars in a Tekken environment. My other question is, will they use some kind of "groove" style where you can pick if you want to play any character in a S or T style. I think it will be interesting to see the SF characters using the advanced juggle system that Tekken allows though. Of all the new announcements, 3sOE definitely excites me the most, but I'm intrigued by this.... Either way, I won't get ripped off for either game... and I'll have both of them approximately a week early.
In a nutshell, that's basically my outlook on the games. It's an interesting concept given how both series are on complete opposite sides of the gameplay spectrum...and you'll get the chance to see this pan out on two separate engines.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Its the same gameplay, which is actually a good thing. You have two different games mixed using both gameplay styles which are good games, not compromising either side, which is what MK has been known to do, creating a great concept, and game that a lot of us already play the shit out of.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol wow and people thought MVC, SC4 and MK vs. DC were a bad concepts....

This officially leads for #1 worst crossover idea IMO...

Man, what's up with the crossover ideas in fighters?

Let's see what hasn't been done yet lol...

DC vs. Marvel-win, if this happened comic book fans would cream their pants.

MK vs. SF-If this happened, no doubt MK and SF fans would be pumped overall (2D gameplay would be a must though)

Tekken vs. Virtual Fighter-I'd like to see these two honestly

Lastly, I have to admit MKDC was a far cooler, better concept then this...

This officially leads for #1 worst crossover idea IMO...wonder how they'll explain it, granted I know japanese fighters generally have a bad or no storyline but Ryu and Evil Jin meeting out of nowhere? Explain...

Tekken vs. DOA-Interesting maybe

SC vs. DOA-ehhh

MK vs. KI-Hmmm?

lol

Wait, Sub and Ryu in Smash Brothers! :)

MK9

Noob
its bad cause its games you don't like, yes combining the 2 biggest tourn draws is a bad idea, once a fanboy always a fanboy.

sf4 alone sold more copies than mkd mka and mkdc combined, so yea i guess capcom does not have a clue. take a concept like sf4 and turn it into 3 great games.unlike ed bafoon who made 4 bad games off its original concept.