What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So anyone else hear rumors about SF5 coming to switch? I've heard this talked about a bit the past few days or is this bs?

DeftMonk

Noob
So just bought the game again, and haven’t played much since launch. Did they make some change so you can’t 2 in 1 special cancel off a blocked normal? Or wtf is going on here...

So just bought the game again, and haven’t played much since launch. Did they make some change so you can’t 2 in 1 special cancel off a blocked normal? Or wtf is going on here...
What do you mean? They haven't changed any cancel specials on block or hit that o know of.

Hemlock

Noob
Hey everyone - I'm returning to the forums after a long absence. I'm honestly a bigger SF fan than MK fan, but I haven't found that good of an SF message board. I'm hurting with all the tournament closures, so I'm back here just to talk to other SF (and MK) fans.

Current favorites:
  • Alex
  • Sakura
  • Zangief
Interested in learning:
  • E. Honda
  • Poison
  • Balrog

xiskza

Underworld
So a final season 5 has been announced - they're adding 5 new chars and 3 new stages. Rose is pretty much confirmed I believe after all the rumors going around

I guess this means SF6 has been delayed due to the virus thing, and so they're adding a final season to this game since they can't work on SF6 right now.

Last edited:

MuMuGuy

Noob
Without a new netcode and a netcode beta similar to the one NRS held when they overhauled MKX’s netcode, Capcom can go fuck themselves.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
So the last season will include Dan, Rose, Oro, Akira and a 5th character that is yet to be revealed

Lol, the first character in the “update” comes out in WINTER. The last character comes out well over AN ENTIRE YEAR from now.
GGs, CapCom

KCJ506

Noob
Lol, the first character in the “update” comes out in WINTER. The last character comes out well over AN ENTIRE YEAR from now.
GGs, CapCom
That's because they literally only decided to do season 5 a few months ago and Dan wasn't even started until June at the earliest hence why there's very little ingame footage for him and none for the other announced characters. And apparently the only reason they're doing a fifth season is because SF6 got delayed.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
That's because they literally only decided to do season 5 a few months ago and Dan wasn't even started until June at the earliest hence why there's very little ingame footage for him and none for the other announced characters. And apparently the only reason they're doing a fifth season is because SF6 got delayed.
Exactly my point. This game, from its foundation, has been aimless and “see what sticks”.
The whole “V” system was poorly conceived and executed. Many characters feel underdeveloped, even across different seasons.
Hard to determine what the vision was for SFV, which is a shame. I was hoping for a return to the “Third Strike” type of creativity. What we got was a IV knock-off with half the fun.

xiskza

Underworld
Exactly. SF6 was coming out in 2021, so there was no season 5 planned at all. But apparently Ono messed up SF6 with "team mechanics" and I can see why they'd scrap it and start over