What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

What do you guys think of vega? I know he's bottom 3 in terms of tournament placing, what's this community's opinion on him?
best walk speed in the game, solid pokes, command grab, easyish hit confirms, mediocre anti airs, really good v reversal. I'd say he's very very strong but pretty underrepresented, only vega players of note that I know are Nemo and flash.

best walk speed in the game, solid pokes, command grab, easyish hit confirms, mediocre anti airs, really good v reversal. I'd say he's very very strong but pretty underrepresented, only vega players of note that I know are Nemo and flash.
Yea and flash's vega looked impressive against the top tier characters in the tournament that just passed, can't recall which one it was, combo breaker? Anyways his walk speed alone catched a lot of top players by surprise into baiting or throws.

This is on sale on PSN, and I am thinking of getting it.

I bought SFIV and couldn't bloody understand the shitty in game manual, and can't do anything since it alls eems to require using the analog stick, which I am not proficient with.

Is SFV the same?
I don't know anyone who uses analog while playing street fighter. I use the stock ps4 controller and there's not one thing I can't do that I can do on my Hori rapv5 fight stick, matter of fact I boxed my stick and haven't used it since SF V came out. Pad honestly feels excellent to me. Can't play if I used the analog sticks actually. And if you decide to get SF V then you'll get imo one of the greatest fighters ever.

Thanks.

How is the training manual or tutorials in the game? The SFIV one is far from useful, IMO.
The tutorial isn't great honestly but on this thread some pages back someone posted a beginners tutorial videos that's excellent. You can skim to some back pages or wait till someone posts the vids again. But honestly just YouTube any SF 5 beginners videos and you'll get the hang of it. Happy shoryuking! :)

Thanks.

How is the training manual or tutorials in the game? The SFIV one is far from useful, IMO.
There's in game character specific tutorials to give you a general idea on how each character should be used.

Also, the game is much more lenient when it comes to combos, but has much more emphasis on Neutral and overall defense.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I just heard that combofiend said Ken is top tier number 1.
He kills you in 3 combos and the first touch he gets drags you to the corner for no reason. It doesn't help that trying challenge pressure in this game is punished almost as hard as a blocked reversal and you have to challenge otherwise you'll get throw looped or he'll steal turns

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Myles' perspective: 'my opponent is plus, better push a button'.
Is a meaty normal on knockdown that's plus on block, converts to a full combo and could have been a grab not essentially a plus on block 50/50 option? SFV might be worse than MKX when it comes to this stuff

Tweedy

Noob
Lol the opinions of this game on TYM are so extreme. The people who seem to like the game love it, which is cool, then you have Wetdoba and Myles who just completely shit on the game constantly.

I'm liking the game. I just really need a new pad, this xbox pad was not made with games like this in mind. The analog is legitimately probably better than the dpad. What I didn't like about the ps4 dpad on MK, is that the buttons were so close together, making it difficult to do BF inputs at first. I could see that actually making it easier to hit the diagonal inputs that you need on this game. Getting a diagonal input out of the xbox dpad is just so rough.

After I got my converter I sold my only playstation pad. I'll have to get another one.

Aramonde

Noob
I've started playing again because i love this version of Guile but i still keep losing to players above my rank (super bronze). Its feels like i will never reach higher than this. I would play you guys but i'd be free as hell and it wouldn't be worth your time.

ppl online telling me that Im playing the lamest Nash on PS4 lol
I'm surprised i haven't got any hate mail. I play Guile super lame :)

I don't know anyone who uses analog while playing street fighter.
I....I play using the analong stick. Is that why i suck? lol

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
The tutorial isn't great honestly but on this thread some pages back someone posted a beginners tutorial videos that's excellent. You can skim to some back pages or wait till someone posts the vids again. But honestly just YouTube any SF 5 beginners videos and you'll get the hang of it. Happy shoryuking! :)
Shit my bad bro. I'm bout to pack it up. I keep getting lost playing uncharted 4. If you're on psn add BUYACUSHUN. Cfn: CM_Buyacushun
@Scott The Scot ;)

I love my job.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Lol the opinions of this game on TYM are so extreme. The people who seem to like the game love it, which is cool, then you have Wetdoba and Myles who just completely shit on the game constantly.
The vast majority of people are not happy with SFV. In this same TYM thread I've read about anti-airs being easy, 8f of lag not making a difference and Ken being mid-tier so... yeah

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I'm liking the game. I just really need a new pad, this xbox pad was not made with games like this in mind. The analog is legitimately probably better than the dpad. What I didn't like about the ps4 dpad on MK, is that the buttons were so close together, making it difficult to do BF inputs at first. I could see that actually making it easier to hit the diagonal inputs that you need on this game. Getting a diagonal input out of the xbox dpad is just so rough.
Wait what? I highly disagree with that. The microswitches on the Xbox One pad make it so much easier to land clean directional inputs than that mesh of a PS4 pad, at least for me. I had to get a converter because the PS4 pad is just terrible but maybe it's just because I have slightly chubby thumbs *shrugs*