What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

FallofSeraphs76

Beware of a sharp edged weapon,called human being
I kept getting knocked off the server last night and its lame you cant play offline survival and gain XP unless your online!

I placed 3rd int eh Game stop SF tournament...not bad for someone that doesnt play SF much! I play KI and MK 24/7...SF just doesnt do much for me but I dont mind getting the game and being a part of the SF FGC. It only helps me spread the word of KI to more people!

WATCHD0G

Noob
Anyone check out the "story mode" for each character yet.....absolute trash lol

but on the flip side the game play is pretty damn good, i have to get used tot the style though

Can anyone provide some good informative sites/forums for someone new to competitive SF? I am looking to main a grappler so I'm working on Zangief and R. mika but my relative cluelessness to the game is going to be a huge barrier I feel.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Ricky, you're gonna have to be my training buddy. I have no idea what I'm doing. lol
Neither do I! If you are down maybe we could do some casual matches or something sometime lol I haven't even popped the disc in yet nor do I know who I will be trying to main until Juri comes out. I need all the help/practice I can get hahaha

E

Eldriken

Neither do I! If you are down maybe we could do some casual matches or something sometime lol I haven't even popped the disc in yet nor do I know who I will be trying to main until Juri comes out. I need all the help/practice I can get hahaha
If you're on PSN, add Eldriken. We'll be scrubs together. :p

FallofSeraphs76

Beware of a sharp edged weapon,called human being
Can anyone provide some good informative sites/forums for someone new to competitive SF? I am looking to main a grappler so I'm working on Zangief and R. mika but my relative cluelessness to the game is going to be a huge barrier I feel.
the collectors guide/artbook has EVERYTHING you need to know about SF5. I purchased it last night and Im reading it now and its the most informative book I have ssen for a fighting game. It has multiple pages of combos for each characters and a dictionary on all the terminology. It comes with a code for a handy E-guide as well. Its expensive but worth it.

Otherwise just google and find stuff for free, but if you want the real deal you can trust with everything you could possibly need to know... this is it. they sale them at games top 35$

n9195v

Noob
Good video about how STV plays

http://www.twitch.tv/juicebox_fgc/profile
It's basically a live streaming constant tutorial when he's on. You can ask questions to him real time. He knows what he's talking about

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/
Decent information in this but you have to dig

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTDdH72PnLY1V_ERklKSXMg
Lots of good video tutorials but you have to dig

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
zangief is pretty good plus he has a good bit of range. i love his armor so far i am enjoying the game but my red cyclone needs help so hopefully i will play some of yall online and get better by getting bodied.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Looking for people to practice SF5 with. Not sure if this is the community to go to for that but I've always considered the MK community my fam in the FGC.

Hit me up if you'd like to play. <3

[SIC] I play on PS4/PC and maining Dhalsim.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I have no clue what im doing
I haven't had much time to play. DL'ed it, practiced for 5 minutes with Cammy, and bodied 3 opponents online. 2 were double perfects and the other was 1 double perfect and only hit once in the other round. Now, I know everyone sucks in the beginning - but Cammy is very, very good. Use her standing MK and crouching MP to open them up for her anti-air Cannon Spike, hooligan mix-ups, and Cannon Drill mix-ups. Be patient and use her V skill and Hooligan jump to easily bypass any zoning. Once you get down her basics, setting up cross-ups and hard to block situations becomes easy - but don't rush it. Be patient and look for those opportunities to take his life bar to zero.

Last edited:
My internet is not always good And the moment it not id like to VS cpu to practise when is the VS CPU mode coming ? I heard march And i heard right after launch aka before march which one is it And what exactly are we getting

BookBurning

Voidwards
I'm unsure if I should get this game or not. I want to get better at fighters in general, and since SF is said to be similar to Injustice, and have a greater emphasis on footsies and spacing, I really want to get it.

On the other hand, I have SFIV I bought for like $10, and can't do anything since all the combos seem to require a stick, and the instruction manual is pretty poor.

I've only just started being able to do long strings, and I practice that in MKX at the moment. Basically...should I get it now and learn it, or wait until it comes down in price and I'm better at being able to execute combos?
The mechanics are just different. Fundementals carry over, even when I played alot of MK I always understood the fundamentals in SF. I think you'll be fine playing multiple fighting games.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I'm unsure if I should get this game or not. I want to get better at fighters in general, and since SF is said to be similar to Injustice, and have a greater emphasis on footsies and spacing, I really want to get it.

On the other hand, I have SFIV I bought for like $10, and can't do anything since all the combos seem to require a stick, and the instruction manual is pretty poor.

I've only just started being able to do long strings, and I practice that in MKX at the moment. Basically...should I get it now and learn it, or wait until it comes down in price and I'm better at being able to execute combos?
I don't think anybody says Injustice is similar to Street Fighter. The execution is less strict now for SFV but it's the same combo system with similar motion inputs.

Learning MK combo system won't translate over to Sfv so might as well get it whenever.

Green Lantern Rz

There WILL be light!
I really wanna learn how to play this game but not with an arcade stick. I mean do you really need one just to have an easier time with your execution? Cus I main Liu Kang who's like the hardest and most execution heavy character in MKX and I know how to do IAFB's on both sides and good run cancel pressure. I just don't feel like buying an arcade stick for like $100-$200 for one game...

E

Eldriken

I really wanna learn how to play this game but not with an arcade stick. I mean do you really need one just to have an easier time with your execution? Cus I main Liu Kang who's like the hardest and most execution heavy character in MKX and I know how to do IAFB's on both sides and good run cancel pressure. I just don't feel like buying an arcade stick for like $100-$200 for one game...
There's no "needing" anything to play better. It's whatever you're most comfortable with. Plenty of top level players use a controller. Snake Eyes, Knuckledu, etc. They all play on a regular controller and do very good.