What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Wait, I thought that in order to perform a shimmie for example on kd you had to get close to your opponent while he's on the ground and getting up then take a few steps back and hit your crush counter buttons or whatever you want to do so it was confusing to me because I thought 'well can't the opponent see you walking back for the bait?' But you actually just take a micro step back right? It's just a micro walk and not a couple steps back, is this correct?

Wait, I thought that in order to perform a shimmie for example on kd you had to get close to your opponent while he's on the ground and getting up then take a few steps back and hit your crush counter buttons or whatever you want to do so it was confusing to me because I thought 'well can't the opponent see you walking back for the bait?' But you actually just take a micro step back right? It's just a micro walk and not a couple steps back, is this correct?
No one is reacting to a throw. They’re commited to teching before they have any chance to see you walk back, even if they’re delay teching.

No one is reacting to a throw. They’re commited to teching before they have any chance to see you walk back, even if they’re delay teching.
Ok but wouldn't the recovery for a whiffed tech throw be faster than the frames to walk back and press your buttons?

Ryu still sucks. Not a fan of this game :(
Yea he's pretty much mid to low tier on people's lists but take it as a challenge to make him work.

Ok but wouldn't the recovery for a whiffed tech throw be faster than the frames to walk back and press your buttons?

Yea he's pretty much mid to low tier on people's lists but take it as a challenge to make him work.
No a throw has 24 total frames so you should have time to punish with anything you want. But remember you’re not reacting here. This is all planned out from the start. Don’t try and walk back and wait for them to throw THEN punish. It won’t work.

No a throw has 24 total frames so you should have time to punish with anything you want. But remember you’re not reacting here. This is all planned out from the start. Don’t try and walk back and wait for them to throw THEN punish. It won’t work.
Ok thanks will practice this. Thanks again.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
in case you peasants were worried your king had abandoned you

dont worry you can still impress all your super silver buddies by saying you live in the kingdom of the #1 street fighter american god

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
in case you peasants were worried your king had abandoned you

dont worry you can still impress all your super silver buddies by saying you live in the kingdom of the #1 street fighter american god
Is it just me, or is the image broken?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I have seen a lot of streams and he does look awesome. He looks strong too. Alex Valle was beating stupendouse's Gief and abigail with blanka. Awesome juggles, his rolls are fast and seem very hard to punish if even possible, and you can even shimmie with his rolls lol.
If I were to come back to sfv (no plans to that effect) he'd be worth trying out from what I've seen.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
everyone gives a shit bro like hundred thousands of viewers that watch my profile or send me millions of invs

but stay jelly peasants thats why youre all at the bottom