What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I'm getting a bit better with Vega, learned a bunch of his set-ups and setplay, and got a better understanding of stance switching, and a bit more experience on how to do those big furious resets. There is just so much to keep track of when playing him however. I've cycled through a few characters on the roster, Mika was super easy, Chun was a little more difficult on execution but still fairly straight forward, Bison was harder than both of them, but man, Vega is on a whole nother level, there is just so much to keep track of. However, I love his playstyle so much, it's perfect, so I'm committed to getting better with him, and the more I play the more natural it gets. 9 buttons style is awesome and spacing with his claws is extremely fun

I'm getting a bit better with Vega, learned a bunch of his set-ups and setplay, and got a better understanding of stance switching, and a bit more experience on how to do those big furious resets. There is just so much to keep track of when playing him however. I've cycled through a few characters on the roster, Mika was super easy, Chun was a little more difficult on execution but still fairly straight forward, Bison was harder than both of them, but man, Vega is on a whole nother level, there is just so much to keep track of. However, I love his playstyle so much, it's perfect, so I'm committed to getting better with him, and the more I play the more natural it gets. 9 buttons style is awesome and spacing with his claws is extremely fun
mika isn't any easier to use than most characters in this game, shes just easy to win with. theres a difference lol.

God Confirm

mika isn't any easier to use than most characters in this game, shes just easy to win with. theres a difference lol.
well, im not just pulling random statements out of my ass, these are the characters that I like that I learned to play, and there is absolutely no way Mika wasnt the easiest character out of the 4 execution wise by a large margin, actually she was the easiest character Ive ever learned in a fighter. It's easy to say that she is just as difficult as anyone else, but its just not true, and why would it be, all characters have different tools and gameplan, some are going to be easier to learn then others. Mika doesnt have to do anything on the level of Chuns st.mp cr.mk sbkcharge bnb, or insta air lightning legs, or some of Chuns crazy vtrigger corner combos, and chun was only second on my difficulty list of characters I learned. Theres no way Mika is as difficult as you are saying

well, im not just pulling random statements out of my ass, these are the characters that I like that I learned to play, and there is absolutely no way Mika wasnt the easiest character out of the 4 execution wise by a large margin, actually she was the easiest character Ive ever learned in a fighter. It's easy to say that she is just as difficult as anyone else, but its just not true, and why would it be, all characters have different tools and gameplan, some are going to be easier to learn then others. Mika doesnt have to do anything on the level of Chuns st.mp cr.mk sbkcharge bnb, or insta air lightning legs, or some of Chuns crazy vtrigger corner combos, and chun was only second on my difficulty list of characters I learned. Theres no way Mika is as difficult as you are saying
I'm not saying shes difficult
I'm saying every character in sfv is easy.

and compared to most fighting games. they are. by a large margin.

God Confirm

I'm not saying shes difficult
I'm saying every character in sfv is easy.

and compared to most fighting games. they are. by a large margin.
then thats an incredibly stupid point to make because not once did i compare sfv characters to other fighting games, i compared their difficulty to each other

take this cringeworthy shit elsewhere, nobody cares bout how easy everything is for you

then thats an incredibly stupid point to make because not once did i compare sfv characters to other fighting games, i compared their difficulty to each other

take this cringeworthy shit elsewhere, nobody cares bout how easy everything is for you
I'm not saying its easy for me. I'm saying the combos and systems in place in sfv are objectively simple by design. execution is not the hard part of this game, winning your matchup is and mika has good and bad matchups like anyone else, shes just easier to win with than most characters because her abilities are so heavily skewed to one end of the spectrum.

if you can get in with mika, you can win. if your opponent doesn't know the mixups, you win. but against a high level opponent who kn0ow sthe matchups and has the fundamentals to keep her out shes not noticeably easier than most other high tier characters in the game.

God Confirm

I'm not saying its easy for me. I'm saying the combos and systems in place in sfv are objectively simple by design. execution is not the hard part of this game, winning your matchup is and mika has good and bad matchups like anyone else, shes just easier to win with than most characters because her abilities are so heavily skewed to one end of the spectrum.

if you can get in with mika, you can win. if your opponent doesn't know the mixups, you win. but against a high level opponent who kn0ow sthe matchups and has the fundamentals to keep her out shes not noticeably easier than most other high tier characters in the game.
fighters are known as some of the hardest games there is to learn. whether its easy in comparison to tekken or sum shit is irrelevant, certain characters on SFV are NOT easy to pick up as far as learning things in video games go

for every community, be it games like Dark Souls, Starcraft, etc, there is always that handful of people who tell everyone how "easy" everything is just because they can do it no problem or at least claim to, and everytime these guys do they are always obliterated with downvotes or disagrees, because what you are doing right now is super cringey and nobody cares

as someone new to SFV, I found learning Vega much more challenging then learning mika. I don't know how you gunna quote me and tell me that's wrong. dont be that guy

Last edited:
fighters are known as some of the hardest games there is to learn. whether its easy in comparison to tekken or sum shit is irrelevant, certain characters on SFV are NOT easy to pick up

for every community, be it games like Dark Souls, Starcraft, etc, there is always that handful of people who tell everyone how "easy" everything is just because they can do it no problem or at least claim to, and everytime these guys do they are always obliterated with downvotes or disagrees, because what you are doing right now is super cringey and nobody cares

as someone new to SFV, I found learning Vega much more challenging then learning mika. I don't know how you gunna quote me and tell me that's wrong. dont be that guy
I'm just telling you that theres a difference between how easy a character is to play and how easy a character is to win with in a fighting game. its not that mika was easier to learn its just that you needed to know less about her to win vs inexperienced players because of how shes built.

now if youre somehow offended by me saying sfv has easy execution then I'm sorry, but its true. its nothing personal just an objective fact.

edit: im not saying youre wrong that you had a harder time learning vega than mika, im just saying a lot of that can have to do with player tendencies and preferences. but if you want some fun hard mika stuff let me know how long it takes you to get st jab ch, st mp, fmp xx fmp jump back lk neutral trigger st fierce down. if its done right it should cross under.

God Confirm

now if youre somehow offended by me saying sfv has easy execution then I'm sorry, but its true. its nothing personal just an objective fact.
offended? lmfao, I was trying to talk about Vega, and ur the one who quoted me getting all butthurt because I mentioned Mika was so much easier for me in comparison when I learned to play her, and you couldn't deal with hearing that bout your main so you had to find some way to act like each character is on an equal level in all things including difficulty. This narrative of yours is transparent and stupid, and telling someone they are wrong for finding one character easier to play than another and that its an "objectively fact" is hilarious when its the only angle you actually have to spin it. But I'm going to go ahead and put you on my ignore list now, you can continue your breast-beating to someone else. Between you and Myles im starting to get a little disappointed in the SFV community on TYM, nobody cares or wants to see this embarrassing ass shit

Last edited:
offended? lmfao, I was trying to talk about Vega, and ur the one who quoted me getting all butthurt because I mentioned Mika was the easiest character I had personally learned on the roster, and you couldn't deal with hearing that bout your main so you had to find some way to act like each character is on an equal level. This narrative of yours is transparent and stupid, and telling someone they are "objectively wrong" for finding one character easier to play than another is hilarious when its the only angle you can take to spin it. But I'm going to go ahead and put you on my ignore list now, you can continue your breast-beating to someone else. Between you and Myles im starting to get a little disappointed in the SFV community on TYM, nobody wants to see this embarrassing ass shit
I didn't say equally easy to learn I said equally easy to play. theres a difference. everyone learns at a different speed anyway.

and the only thing I said you were objectively wrong about was that sfv has hard characters to play. its easily one of the most forgiving systems out there for fighting games. the only characters that require execution beyond the basics are guile, chun, and possibly Karin/ibuki/juri. everyone else has incredibly basic bnbs/super punishes.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Back onto something people actually care about. CS:GO is on some triple overtime nonsense which has pushed the SFV grand finals back 90 minutes and counting but Arturo is streaming casuals from a microwave in the meantime

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
who thought it was a good idea to waste everyone's time for 1 set
Extra day for grand finals means people are in the venues longer so more merchandise and food etc can be purchased; that's my guess, plus there's no overlapping finals of games so people can choose to watch all of the streams on the final day dedicated to them all. Meanining potentially more viewers across all channels.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Extra day for grand finals means people are in the venues longer so more merchandise and food etc can be purchased; that's my guess, plus there's no overlapping finals of games so people can choose to watch all of the streams on the final day dedicated to them all. Meanining potentially more viewers across all channels.
You can still plan top 8 to make it worth the time, and the channels happen on different streams so there is no overlap

I know I definitely didn't check out CS GO

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
My god I was hoping it would be a close set. Momochi's facial expression just says "haha lol I'm rolling in the moneyyy".

Poor Xiao hai, I thought he was going to take momochi to the limit.