What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
So grab into CA is a thing even without an Aegis to bounce them back because it OTG's? I went for that and the Aegis disappeared last second but I still caught the CA and thought well this is fucking OP lol. Or did that only work because my friend delayed wake-up or some shit?

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
So grab into CA is a thing even without an Aegis to bounce them back because it OTG's? I went for that and the Aegis disappeared last second but I still caught the CA and thought well this is fucking OP lol. Or did that only work because my friend delayed wake-up or some shit?
Yes, his CA OTG's if they delay wakeup. I think CC sweep is a guaranteed CA. I'll have to test it.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
That is pretty dumb. Sometimes I miss crouch jab option selects. At least then you could reset those +0 situations back to neutral. This game turns every close encounter into a scary 50/50 guess for huge momentum shifts.

I guess you could do the LP MP target combo into MP fireball for a meterless punish as Urien. It's still +0 but at least it has pushback so you don't have to guess afterwards. Still not ideal though.
Just found out his LP MP target combos into HK shoulder, which is a knockdown. So that should be the meterless punish. There is still nothing to do off a cr.LK meterless. I guess you can just stop there and go for pressure after that with f.MP or st.MK/cr.MK. Also st.LK into tick throws.

Anyone want some games?
Still on?

Just found out his LP MP target combos into HK shoulder, which is a knockdown. So that should be the meterless punish. There is still nothing to do off a cr.LK meterless. I guess you can just stop there and go for pressure after that with f.MP or st.MK/cr.MK. Also st.LK into tick throws.

Still on?
Not any more, gave up after being kicked from the server again.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

Still on?
if you get hit by cr. lk you're stand blocking so headbut works

and his safe target combo does make light confirms realistic without giving up his turn

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
if you get hit by cr. lk you're stand blocking so headbut works

and his safe target combo does make light confirms realistic without giving up his turn
Yes, theoretically they will be standing, but not always. The other problem is st.MP, which I can't seem to confirm into anything but st.LP and cr.LP. So the only meterless combo I can find is st.MP into st.LP into MK shoulder. The target combo whiffs after st.MP.

On some characters, I can get cr.LK into the LP>MP target combo but you need to be point blank and I think it's character specific.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Yes, theoretically they will be standing, but not always. The other problem is st.MP, which I can't seem to confirm into anything but st.LP and cr.LP. So the only meterless combo I can find is st.MP into st.LP into MK shoulder. The target combo whiffs after st.MP.

On some characters, I can get cr.LK into the LP>MP target combo but you need to be point blank and I think it's character specific.
Only situations you can bank on people to geet hit by St. MP is on counter hit which you then can confirm into another medium for whatever you want

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
You need to stop with the negativity man, it's not helping and you're not cool for doing it.
Here's something positive: Urien has throw loops in the corner

Just because I'm not praising Capcom for slowly fixing the mistakes they made in the first place doesn't make me negative.