What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Anyone want to catch these purple hands?
I would play but I'm having a Juri crisis.

What I dislike so much in other characters is exactly what you have to do when playing Juri. I don't want to be mashing buttons on defense or throwing myself randomly at people with jumps and dashes but trying to play clean and methodically doesn't work

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
How do they not funnction in the same way? Ken's ex divekick and Alex's or Vega's or Ibuki's or Bison's both are air specials that alter alter there jump arc to move thmselves quickly and are harder to aa and they're all plus on block. please dont say its because they don't use to their foot to hit you. What's the BS besides they don't prove your point? Not to mention I forgot Sim and Rashid's divekick.
Alex's divekick is not plus on block. Vega has to jump off a wall first. Ibuki's is pretty good, but doesn't put her into throw mixup range and it has a certain angle that doesn't work as well in neutral. Rashid's divekick is not plus on block. Sim has to have really good spacing to be plus on block.

Why call Mika's splash drop a divekick? That doesn't seem like a fair label at all given how much better divekicks are/have been.
sir the moves name is dive BOMB. The only way it's unfair to call it a divekick is because bombs are clearly superior to kicks in combat.

Alex's divekick is not plus on block. Vega has to jump off a wall first. Ibuki's is pretty good, but doesn't put her into throw mixup range and it has a certain angle that doesn't work as well in neutral. Rashid's divekick is not plus on block. Sim has to have really good spacing to be plus on block.
ex air stampede is plus 2 on block sir.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
sir the moves name is dive BOMB. The only way it's unfair to call it a divekick is because bombs are clearly superior to kicks in combat.
Don't you think I know this? I just like the sound of slash drop. And not to mention that it's always punishable on block. Is not some grab bait. Only thing it does is trick someone expecting a crossup. Plus splash drop is a sexy ass name that also pays homage to the original muscle spirit.

Don't you think I know this? I just like the sound of slash drop. And not to mention that it's always punishable on block. Is not some grab bait. Only thing it does is trick someone expecting a crossup. Plus splash drop is a sexy ass name that also pays homage to the original muscle spirit.
the move is only negative if you improperly use it. See, if you always hit them with it it doesn't matter what the frames are on block. That's how I play mika, I operate under the assumption that everything in going to do is going to work perfectly and be uncounterable. That's how Myles tells me this game works, and he's the smartest fighter I know.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
the move is only negative if you improperly use it. See, if you always hit them with it it doesn't matter what the frames are on block. That's how I play mika, I operate under the assumption that everything in going to do is going to work perfectly and be uncounterable. That's how Myles tells me this game works, and he's the smartest fighter I know.
Fuudo cries in shame for your transgressions.

If there was a tourney player that shared Myles views I'm not surprised it's Flash.

Last edited:

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
HP party crasher is upper body invul and stLP is 3f. Just saying.
her antiair hp still trades and her jab aa is very specific, almost never worth trying. The way it should be.

Have you seen vega's ex in the corner? Did you know he can command grab reversals or choose what side or no sides? And Alex's is +2 in command grab range

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah, it's debatable for sure. Let's not forget that Necalli has a divekick too. I think Cammy is still a bit underrated and underused in tournament.
Necalli's divekick is rarely worth using. It's just there in the case people wanna get cute with AA normals and aren't Chun.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
her antiair hp still trades and her jab aa is very specific, almost never worth trying. The way it should be.

Have you seen vega's ex in the corner? Did you know he can command grab reversals or choose what side or no sides? And Alex's is +2 in command grab range
Vega has to knock you down in order to set that up. It's not like he just gets that anytime he wants.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
except for the part where he's got fang at A+/S-
Yeah Flash isn't completely gone off the deep end. He can at least play the game but sometimes he spouts some crazy stuff. I def don't completely agree with his list. I'm just not surprised that of all the players to match anything Myles says it's Flash Metroid.

Someone on Ehubs pointed out it's possibly Flash sees it that way because Vega beats Juri in Neutral. I personally don't see how he can say she can't play neutral. She does have to do more to get results but I think she can play a solid ground game.

THTB

Yeah Flash isn't completely gone off the deep end. He can at least play the game but sometimes he spouts some crazy stuff. I def don't completely agree with his list. I'm just not surprised that of all the players to match anything Myles says it's Flash Metroid.

Someone on Ehubs pointed out it's possibly Flash sees it that way because Vega beats Juri in Neutral. I personally don't see how he can say she can't play neutral. She does have to do more to get results but I think she can play a solid ground game.
Juri's neutral rides on being able to get stores...which ain't super impossible, but forces you to forgo blockstrings altogether to get them guaranteed.

the man thought c viper was bottom 1 in usf4. He's not objective, clearly.

THTB

then kens ex air tatsu isn't a dive kick since its more of a pinwheel than a dive.
EX tatsu is more divekick-ish than stomp. It's an air special that alters his trajectory into a dive. Which is what the divepunch does and what stomp doesn't do.

EX tatsu is more divekick-ish than stomp. It's an air special that alters his trajectory into a dive. Which is what the divepunch does and what stomp doesn't do.
they both travel through the air at a hard to react to pace and leave you plus on block. For the purposes of this conversation Idgaf what you call the move, they have similar uses and are comprable in the context he's using.