What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Bro save your money if you can. I got balrog and juri. I'm sure there are people in this thread with the other 4. Season 2 probably going to come around with a character you need to have. I'm holding 200k and still grinding survival modes so when deejay finally comes around I'm first in line.

And you can buy colors now and who knows how good the daily challenges will be.
I know I know, but I need to practice stuff like optimal punishes etc and just generally lab things after watching a replay of me losing, y'know? Situational stuff and all. Getting my ass beat in a long set just won't cut it in the long run I feel - good for experience though!

I'm not too fussed about how my character looks most of the time anyway unless it's Cammy's Story alt, colour 04

Im still getting rqs this hasnt solved anything. If this is the case and they can see who has disconnected why not just count it as a loss to the rq er
2 Free ragequits every 2 hours is the new workaround lol

EDIT: I hope they reset the rankings so I can be at my rightful rank of Rookie

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Im still getting rqs this hasnt solved anything. If this is the case and they can see who has disconnected why not just count it as a loss to the rq er
Ok ragequits will always happen Capcom can't stop people from turning off their consoles. Either they keep doing what they're doing now with some tweaks later or make some insane penalty to eliminate disconnecting but then I would just see people posting in this thread crying about that too when their mcdonalds wifi goes out qnd they're punished.

Last edited:

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Ok ragequits will always happen Capcom can't stop people from turning off their consoles.
Yeah i get that but if they can see who has disconnected why not just count it as a loss for whoever disconnected . Take the lp from the rqer and give lp to the to the player still online.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Yeah i get that but if they can see who has disconnected why not just count it as a loss for whoever disconnected . Take the lp from the rqer and give lp to the to the player still online.
Because there's potential for abuse of that kinda system that rewards the person who's patient in laggy as environments over someone who's frustrated and just wants to move on to the next game already.

And we'd still be having conversations about tht here

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Turns out you won't get punished if you're the victim. But if you got video evidence send it to haunts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/4y5i2a/i_just_got_rqed_twice_within_15_minutes_how_long/d6l89je

I know I know, but I need to practice stuff like optimal punishes etc and just generally lab things after watching a replay of me losing, y'know? Situational stuff and all. Getting my ass beat in a long set just won't cut it in the long run I feel - good for experience though!

I'm not too fussed about how my character looks most of the time anyway unless it's Cammy's Story alt, colour 04
Do you man. I'm a trial by fire player.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Because there's potential for abuse of that kinda system that rewards the person who's patient in laggy as environments over someone who's frustrated and just wants to move on to the next game already.

And we'd still be having conversations about tht here
Yeah true. I guess its just the shitty aspect of online gaming.

Scott The Scot

Sounds like it could be potentially be expoitable. All you need is like Cain and Abel (no idea if that software is even still around lol), some zombie computers and the knowledge to use what you've got to perform a DDoS. You force your opponent offline, Capcom registers them as DC'ing from the server and see that you're still online then award you the points for booting the other player offline. If there's no LP award to the person still online then people won't do this unless it's for malicious reasons such as you keep finding the same player over and over again so you boot them offline 3 times to keep them temp-banned from online lmao.

Sounds like it could be potentially be expoitable. All you need is like Cain and Abel (no idea if that software is even still around lol), some zombie computers and the knowledge to use what you've got to perform a DDoS. You force your opponent offline, Capcom registers them as DC'ing from the server and see that you're still online then award you the points for booting the other player offline. If there's no LP award to the person still online then people won't do this unless it's for malicious reasons such as you keep finding the same player over and over again so you boot them offline 3 times to keep them temp-banned from online lmao.
Screw it burn all the ragequitters

Scott The Scot

What's everybodies favourite character themes from SFV? My favourite 5 are Guile, Gief, Cammy, Ken and Balrogs theme.

Honorable mentions to Fangs, Mikas, Ryu and I supooooose Rashid and Alex.

Hands down the best character tunes from this game. Love them so much.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
What's everybodies favourite character themes from SFV? My favourite 5 are Guile, Gief, Cammy, Ken and Balrogs theme.

I muted the music and bump tekken 3 while I'm playing. I think kazanuki day had my favorite song though. Some themes while not my favorite thing to listen to did fit some the characters and stages lile F.A.N.G.

But since I have the music muted, I've noticed some sound effects that I didn't before like Juri's lk projectile and the fighting sounds "better" to me.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

Kens for sure its my ringtone lol.
also the title theme as well.
all of the updated sf2 themes are great.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Yesh it sux i wish people would just hold dem Ls but what can you do?

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I thought we were supposed to get the premium costumes colors for free with this patch or do i have to be story mode?

Sorry @FL Rushdown I wanna play but don't got the patience to wait for a ft3 in lobby.