What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
more like too late probably just traded because its ryu's jump lk happens all the time with my flash kick

that normal is as scrubbyjab antiairs
Flash kick is only upper body invul once active frames start unless it's EX. Juri EX DP isn't invul long, so a late one would be necessary.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
just wait til tomorrows server maintenance and all the fraud necali players will get whats coming to them

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
What are his legitimate problems besides damage?
Besides low damage he has bad throw range, poor range on normals, slow forward walk, suspect anti airs w/o meter, needs meter for invincible reversal, his pressure has many holes unless you are in the corner. His overhead is on the slower side. Most of his setups are very gimmicky.

THTB

Besides low damage he has bad throw range, poor range on normals, slow forward walk, suspect anti airs w/o meter, needs meter for invincible reversal, his pressure has many holes unless you are in the corner. His overhead is on the slower side. Most of his setups are very gimmicky.
I don't see how he has poor range on normals. Necalli has short range. Rashid definitely does not. He also has a run, which rather alleviates the range and walking anyway. He has great mobility. Most characters need meter for reversal. crMP is serviceable, and EX reversal mixer works too. His overhead also has low invul frames.

He seems solid, really. A lot of the things you cite as issues are pretty common, actually, to the general game.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I don't see how he has poor range on normals. Necalli has short range. Rashid definitely does not. He also has a run, which rather alleviates the range and walking anyway. He has great mobility. Most characters need meter for reversal. crMP is serviceable, and EX reversal mixer works too. His overhead also has low invul frames.

He seems solid, really. A lot of the things you cite as issues are pretty common, actually, to the general game.
His ex mixer is kind of free to crossover and neutral jumps on wakeup, so it doesn't really work as well as a lot of the other ex or invincible reversals. I know he has great mobility, but that doesn't necessarily make up for walk speed or range issues. You think you can just dash up and then hit a button against Cammy, Chun, Vega, or Karin? Necalli's range isn't great but I guarantee you won't get out footsied against Rashid in the MU. Your cr. MK is better and your st HK seems to just work against my cr HP.

Cr. MP as an anti air is ok from a certain range, but it's not going to stop cross up's like a Necalli jab. You can use Rashid's st.LK for those but it's hit or miss.

His ex mixer is kind of free to crossover and neutral jumps on wakeup, so it doesn't really work as well as a lot of the other ex or invincible reversals. I know he has great mobility, but that doesn't necessarily make up for walk speed or range issues. You think you can just dash up and then hit a button against Cammy, Chun, Vega, or Karin? Necalli's range isn't great but I guarantee you won't get out footsied against Rashid in the MU. Your cr. MK is better and your st HK seems to just work against my cr HP.

Cr. MP as an anti air is ok from a certain range, but it's not going to stop cross up's like a Necalli jab. You can use Rashid's st.LK for those but it's hit or miss.
every ex reversal in the game with the exception of sbk is free to cross ups. Maybe necallis will hit if the jump is timed poorly but Ryu, Ken, Karin, Ibuki, juri, and guile all lose to cross ups if they wake up with ex dp

Also in what world does great mobility NOT make up for poor walk speed? Or is nashs walk speed stoping him from being top 3?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
every ex reversal in the game with the exception of sbk is free to cross ups. Maybe necallis will hit if the jump is timed poorly but Ryu, Ken, Karin, Ibuki, juri, and guile all lose to cross ups if they wake up with ex dp
Actually, all those dp's beat cross ups if you know it's gonna be a cross up and you wait. They also all beat neutral jumps. The only thing Rashid can beat everytime is if they are standing in front of you or they jump in and land in front.

Also in what world does great mobility NOT make up for poor walk speed? Or is nashs walk speed stoping him from being top 3?
Walking is used in neutral to gain space for poking and spacing out whiff punishes, poking into walk up throws, shimmies. Stuff like that. General mobility has nothing to do with what he lacks in that area. I was just listing his weaknesses as THTB asked. I don't think I should have to sit here and explain that he can overcome his weaknesses with "other" areas of his game.

Actually, all those dp's beat cross ups if you know it's gonna be a cross up and you wait. They also all beat neutral jumps. The only thing Rashid can beat everytime is if they are standing in front of you or they jump in and land in front.

Walking is used in neutral to gain space for poking and spacing out whiff punishes, poking into walk up throws, shimmies. Stuff like that. General mobility has nothing to do with what he lacks in that area. I was just listing his weaknesses as THTB asked. I don't think I should have to sit here and explain that he can overcome his weaknesses with "other" areas of his game.
they In fact do not beat a well timed cross up. It's 100% possible to make it so wakeup reversals whiff. Now if you're talking about reading a cross up and doing a crosscut dp then rashid can't do that, he can however get out of there or super it so he has an answer.

As for his walk speed in neutral it's pretty decent.
Only cammy and vega have a faster backwards walk so he's definitely capable of shimmying, his forward walk is pretty meh but it's easily compensated for by his ability to run.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
they In fact do not beat a well timed cross up. It's 100% possible to make it so wakeup reversals whiff. Now if you're talking about reading a cross up and doing a crosscut dp then rashid can't do that, he can however get out of there or super it so he has an answer.

As for his walk speed in neutral it's pretty decent.
Only cammy and vega have a faster backwards walk so he's definitely capable of shimmying, his forward walk is pretty meh but it's easily compensated for by his ability to run.
Rashid's ex dp is more free to crossups compared to other characters though. What you're talking about is like jumping at the last second to make the dp whiff. I'm talking about when they jump early and it's clear you will be getting crossed up. Rashid will most likely trade in that situation, which is just a waste of a bar.

I still don't get how a run is going to help in his footsies game when Cammy and Chun are just walking back and forth pushing buttons. Like, how am I going to run to deal with that. I basically have to let them dictate the game and just try to react to them, which is pretty much a losing gameplan.

THTB

Necalli gets bodied by those characters in footsies too. Rashid doesn't do that bad in footsies vs Necalli also, probably does a lot better. stHK is slow and Rashid has faster buttons that hit with some range. crMK is also pretty slow too, and doesn't net him anything from far. On crossup, yeah, Necalli has it better. The mobility does make up for the walk speed, otherwise Nash wouldn't be very good. If you can move well enough to cover it, it isn't as big a deal as you'd feel.

Rashid's ex dp is more free to crossups compared to other characters though. What you're talking about is like jumping at the last second to make the dp whiff. I'm talking about when they jump early and it's clear you will be getting crossed up. Rashid will most likely trade in that situation, which is just a waste of a bar.

I still don't get how a run is going to help in his footsies game when Cammy and Chun are just walking back and forth pushing buttons. Like, how am I going to run to deal with that. I basically have to let them dictate the game and just try to react to them, which is pretty much a losing gameplan.
then dash out. If other characters have time to walk under and dp you have time to dodge the cross up. As for the footsie game I'm not 100% sure why you'd even wanna try and fight those characters in that type of match. You run in and go ham with gimmicks and tricky shit. Rashid isn't the kind of character that's gonna win in neutral over a chun or Karin, you find one opportunity and make the most of it.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Necalli gets bodied by those characters in footsies too. Rashid doesn't do that bad in footsies vs Necalli also, probably does a lot better. stHK is slow and Rashid has faster buttons that hit with some range. crMK is also pretty slow too, and doesn't net him anything from far. On crossup, yeah, Necalli has it better. The mobility does make up for the walk speed, otherwise Nash wouldn't be very good. If you can move well enough to cover it, it isn't as big a deal as you'd feel.
Nash can also throw slow ass booms and recover fast enough to dash in behind them. He also has better normals/command normals that let him hit from further out.

You guys comparing Nash and Necalli tools with Rashid is borderline insane. Look at the startup frames only for your normals and they seem worse. Look at the hurtbox though. Take it into a match and see how it plays out.

then dash out. If other characters have time to walk under and dp you have time to dodge the cross up. As for the footsie game I'm not 100% sure why you'd even wanna try and fight those characters in that type of match. You run in and go ham with gimmicks and tricky shit. Rashid isn't the kind of character that's gonna win in neutral over a chun or Karin, you find one opportunity and make the most of it.
Do you think it's Rashid's choice how to play the match? That's your first wrong assumption. I can't just run in and go ham when they just push buttons. And how am I gonna dash out on wakeup?

THTB

Nash can also throw slow ass booms and recover fast enough to dash in behind them. He also has better normals/command normals that let him hit from further out.

You guys comparing Nash and Necalli tools with Rashid is borderline insane. Look at the startup frames only for your normals and they seem worse. Look at the hurtbox though. Take it into a match and see how it plays out.

Do you think it's Rashid's choice how to play the match? That's your first wrong assumption. I can't just run in and go ham when they just push buttons. And how am I gonna dash out on wakeup?
I have. Because of how much faster Rashid's long range stuff is compared to Necalli's, it's not very easy to play footsies vs him. Not saying the matchup is hard (IMO it's even), but Rashid ain't this low tier character. He's definitely very good. Yeah it's guys like Gachikun giving Daigo issues, but it's not just Gachi. Cool Kid uses him too, as does Lamerboi, who's got a lot of stuff for the character. I'm not sold on the low tier Rashid stuff.

yes how rashid plays is in fact rashidos choice. You have multiple options to get in. I'm not saying he's top 5 but he's good enough that if you aren't winning with him it's your fault not the characters.

Characters have things rashid doesn't, and rashid has things no one else does. So stop playing the x character has y so my character should too.

Also if they're delaying the cross up like you said then you can dash out for free. Or you could do this crazy thing called block and let them put themselves in the corner. Blocking is usually a legit answer.

Last edited:

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
What I see is two people playing top tier characters saying a lower mid-tier character "isn't that bad" and they just need to "git good". It's really quite aggravating. He's not even top 10. Not even close.

Why aren't The Cool Kid and Lamerboi placing at majors? Every tournament has a bunch of Necalli's in top 16 but somehow there are no Rashid players or maybe just 1. He's not terrible by any means, but you can still see that he's not above any of these other characters on the roster.

What I see is two people playing top tier characters saying a lower mid-tier character "isn't that bad" and they just need to "git good". It's really quite aggravating. He's not even top 10. Not even close.

Why aren't The Cool Kid and Lamerboi placing at majors? Every tournament has a bunch of Necalli's in top 16 but somehow there are no Rashid players or maybe just 1. He's not terrible by any means, but you can still see that he's not above any of these other characters on the roster.
because they aren't top tier players. Didn't daigos team just get ocvd by a rashid player at topanga though? Pretty sure he swept daigo, Haitani, and mago or something.

Edit it was Fuudo and Haitani that got scraped by that random rashid.

Last edited:

THTB

Neither Cool Kid nor Lamerboi have even made it to many majors. Also, I use Alex, who I think is pretty OD when you really get him down. I know the struggle of non-top tier things lol.

Neither Cool Kid nor Lamerboi have even made it to many majors. Also, I use Alex, who I think is pretty OD when you really get him down. I know the struggle of non-top tier things lol.
alex is so much fun to play. I think he's slept on because his worst matchups are also the top tiers though. I feel like he puts in work vs Necalli though.

THTB

alex is so much fun to play. I think he's slept on because his worst matchups are also the top tiers though. I feel like he puts in work vs Necalli though.
Might do very well, honestly...it comes down to playing neutral well and forcing mistakes. Cuz if either one of them gets started, it fucking hurts lol.

Might do very well, honestly...it comes down to playing neutral well and forcing mistakes. Cuz if either one of them gets started, it fucking hurts lol.
i just like his long window of active frames to stop jab shenanigans and his massive punishes. He's got pretty good options vs necallis ground pounds as well.