What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Would love to get some sets in tonight as gief. Random ranked matches aren't really benefitting me in the matchup department. What's y'all fight ids and mains?
Whole thread for it bud. http://testyourmight.com/threads/street-fighter-v-psn-cfn-ids.58752/
Ugh.
@B. Shazzy told me Karin is mid tier at best.

Dude, no karin player is confirming cr. Mp, st.mp into orochi.
Why is that not a hit confirm?
Just won 54 in a row with Necalli on Hell Survival. Unlocked nothing because the servers are down.

I don't even use Necalli. The cpu AI is just horrible.

Necalli is really good though.
Farther than I ever got. I'm stuck around match 30. Anyways, you want to do Easy(Color 3), Normal(4,5,6), and Hard(7-10). Hell gives a title. They all give FM upon completion.

Reactions: GAV

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Yeah, she's a lot of fun. Well... After light bolt charge on hit she can command grab, st. Lk xx ligh bolt charge, st. Lp xx light bolt charge (or just st. Lk/st. Lp into frame traps), HP bolt charge (for people trying to jump out of command grab) or regular grab, it's a good mindgame (Personally I go for command grab all day until they start disrespecting it) also she can tick throw after st. Lk and st. Lp, jump lk (try using the light version of command grab since it's the one with the most range in these scenarios) and on oki.
My favorite oki tick throw is... After command grab on hit you can instantly do st. HK (this will beat any move that's not invincible or has armor on the first frame or Cammy's backdash) and if it hits as a counter hit you can combo into MP bolt charge, if they delay their wake-up you can react and after the st. HK whiffs you can whiff a st. Mk (this whiff is just to fill up the space and not mess up your timing) then go for a meaty st. Mp (which will beat anything other than invincible and armor on the first frame moves) and if it hit as a counter hit you can combo into cr. Mp xx MP bolt charge, if they respect the last st. Mp you can go for a command grab.
thanks
I knew a good portion of this, when I said electric charge I meant db1.
sorry for the confusion.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I'm really loving Ken, he rewards good reads and patient play. The run shenanigans are one of the most fun ways to test match-up knowledge and reactions of new opponents. I've been having tons of fun learning his spacing and where to be against each other character. I just wish there was somewhere to read about the V gauge, I'm having trouble building it effectively. Gonna learn a secondary after this weekend (winter brawl). Going with Mika or Laura for command grab fun.

straight-up forecasting a motherfucker
This is one of the best things I've ever read on this site!

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
thanks
I knew a good portion of this, when I said electric charge I meant db1.
sorry for the confusion.
Oh I forgot to answer that question, actually I was just telling you the tick throw options.
After EX bolt clap on hit, if I have V-trigger on I combo into HP bolt charge and if I wanna go for a set-up I do st. HP xx V-skill dash forward for a crossup.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
So This might be a stupid question but is there a different input you can use besidws double quarter circle for supers?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
so decided to take necalli into the lab today.....lawd have mercy.. im seriously liking way to many characters in this game. im starting to run into that prob where i want to learn everything at once and get overwhelmed . lol .. .. plus in like a few days we will have XL to learn too.. then my other returning homie ALEX..seriously... imma be at work for the next few months going over data in my head like

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
Cammy main, Laura (#LauraHaveMercy) secondary, Nash pocket.

I have knowledge of the Shotos and Karin but that's about it.

I'm also transitioning from MKX to SFV as well, a bit difficult but I'll stick it out.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Just watch sonicfox's twitch channel for his matches against Rico and that should change your mind.
I've seen it and it's 4 days old. I don't think Rico is going to block a sweep or close poison punch with Necalli and not take half hp or respect any zoning when Necalli's dash goes through the poison trap and under any projectiles

F.A.N.G BOYZ

I decided to try him out for five minutes and ended up playing him non-stop for like a hour, I reeeeaaally like this guy.

An excerpt from that time:

Few things in fighting games feel as good as just straight-up forecasting a motherfucker.
He's coward crouch isn't even throw immune. This is just blatant propaganda

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
ryus and kens are always maniacs

but at least you have an antiair you dont know the real struggle known as playing Karin

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
but at least you have an antiair you dont know the real struggle known as playing Karin
I thought we were going to be Cammy brethren :(

So This might be a stupid question but is there a different input you can use besidws double quarter circle for supers?
Better yet can someone teach me How to play
Dude you need Gootecks in your life. Here, he uploaded these recently .

I know, the stuff in then thumbnail will make you think you're new to fighting games but just watch them for christ sake. It'll help you. Also, you just need to practice the CA motion you'll get it :)

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
I thought we were going to be Cammy brethren :(

Dude you need Gootecks in your life. Here, he uploaded these recently .

I know, the stuff in then thumbnail will make you think you're new to fighting games but just watch them for christ sake. It'll help you. Also, you just need to practice the CA motion you'll get it :)
i would only main cummy if i had the preorder skin or when i get tired of tradining with jump ins idk

also there is a diff motion for ca i just dont remember the motion

Reactions: 14K

Noob
Btw can anyone confirm that the ingame cost for DLC characters is 70k right? i have a vague memory that i read that somwhere?