What's new

Stream.Me's "War of the Gods" needs YOUR support!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I can't because my PS4 is up stair... Ethernet is downstairs I doubt my parents want a 50ft cord goin through kitchen to the living room, up a flight of stairs, through hallway into my room. I can't move my PS4 downstairs because we only have one tv downstairs & my mom &a dad, sister etc watch tv downstairs all day I can't move the Ethernet up stairs because the connection won't be stable at all ( the service provider said so himself ) so ion care about the money or nothing these are VALID reasons to why I can't be wired & im certain that numerous others have worse or very different scenarios which also stop them from being wired even though some people just don't give a damn. And for me to have a valid reason behind not being able to become wired til I move out ( like a year hopefully ) and be banned from wotg is what makes me mad. Especially since I can't travel unless it's to a local in KH which I'm tryin to get info on to go along with to train with people like Black, Royale, Cat, Scar, Showtime & etc.
Many people have this problem. Maybe not specifically that, but not being able to run an Ethernet through the apartment/house is a common complaint. A lot of players have roommates, parents. siblings, etc that they live with. No normal player is gonna reek havoc on their house for their hobby. If it was someone like SonicFox or something, obviously that’s much different. But the vast vast vast majority of players just play for fun.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I can't because my PS4 is up stair... Ethernet is downstairs I doubt my parents want a 50ft cord goin through kitchen to the living room, up a flight of stairs, through hallway into my room. I can't move my PS4 downstairs because we only have one tv downstairs & my mom &a dad, sister etc watch tv downstairs all day I can't move the Ethernet up stairs because the connection won't be stable at all ( the service provider said so himself ) so ion care about the money or nothing these are VALID reasons to why I can't be wired & im certain that numerous others have worse or very different scenarios which also stop them from being wired even though some people just don't give a damn. And for me to have a valid reason behind not being able to become wired til I move out ( like a year hopefully ) and be banned from wotg is what makes me mad. Especially since I can't travel unless it's to a local in KH which I'm tryin to get info on to go along with to train with people like Black, Royale, Cat, Scar, Showtime & etc.
Honestly man I don't wanna be a dick, but frankly that's your problem.

Rules are made to serve the greater good and in this case to preserve the integrity of the results and prevent a flood of match protests resulting in constant issues. In the process of making these kinds of rules and decisions, it's inevitable that some people will be negatively affected. It's unfortunate you happen to be one of those people, but it is what it is, and I think it's a great rule and serves an important purpose.

I don't compete at all, I have no horse in the race and am being objective whereas you're not.

And despite all that, you could still make it work. You could absolutely run a very lengthy cord from your router to your PS4 either on temporary basis when competing in wotg only, or even by very simply drilling two 1/4" holes in the drywall and fishing the cable through the wall totally hiding the cable. When you move out you're talking about the most minor and easy of fixes it would take mere minutes.

You could also talk to your family and just reason that you only need the downstairs tv for a few hours a week and make them understand and even offer a favor in return or maybe they'll even support and watch and cheer you on.

Lastly, you could purchase a cheap monitor or tv on cyber Monday or on eBay or Craigslist and set up your PS4 down next to the router. If competing is very important to you, there's several solutions that you're not using.

Otherwise, accept that the rule benefits the greater community and stop trying to pretend that wifi doesn't have any issues whatsoever when compared with a wired connection.

Cashual

Many people have this problem. Maybe not specifically that, but not being able to run an Ethernet through the apartment/house is a common complaint. A lot of players have roommates, parents. siblings, etc that they live with. No normal player is gonna reek havoc on their house for their hobby. If it was someone like SonicFox or something, obviously that’s much different. But the vast vast vast majority of players just play for fun.
Dude...reek havoc?? Lol. We aren't talking about knocking down a wall and building an addition to run a single cable, like are you for real?

It's one cable, and a drill (hell you could just punch a hole with a screwdriver or anything like that) and some electrical tape and either a unwound metal coat hanger or a fishing tape/snake if you're fancy.

Honestly anyone with the real ambition to compete online to the point where not being able to do so creates such angst should be able and willing to make minor efforts to pull it off.

I mean I get it if you just don't feel like it and only want to play for fun, but that is the case, that person definitely shouldn't have a voice or major stake in trying to affect the rules and policy of the tournaments. By all means go on ranked or player match and are a ball, it's not like you can't go play and have a blast with a wifi connection

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy

Rules are made to serve the greater good and in this case to preserve the integrity of the results and prevent a flood of match protests resulting in constant issues. In the process of making these kinds of rules and decisions, it's inevitable that some people will be negatively affected. It's unfortunate you happen to be one of those people, but it is what it is, and I think it's a great rule and serves an important purpose.

I don't compete at all, I have no horse in the race and am being objective whereas you're not.

And despite all that, you could still make it work. You could absolutely run a very lengthy cord from your router to your PS4 either on temporary basis when competing in wotg only, or even by very simply drilling two 1/4" holes in the drywall and fishing the cable through the wall totally hiding the cable. When you move out you're talking about the most minor and easy of fixes it would take mere minutes.

You could also talk to your family and just reason that you only need the downstairs tv for a few hours a week and make them understand and even offer a favor in return or maybe they'll even support and watch and cheer you on.

Lastly, you could purchase a cheap monitor or tv on cyber Monday or on eBay or Craigslist and set up your PS4 down next to the router. If competing is very important to you, there's several solutions that you're not using.

Otherwise, accept that the rule benefits the greater community and stop trying to pretend that wifi doesn't have any issues whatsoever when compared with a wired connection.
You must've nit picked parts n pieces... your basically saying I also have pay 100-200 extra dollars for a router also instead $5 for a cord... or pay money weekly to use a cord that also goes on top of the other expenses. Smh

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dude...reek havoc?? Lol. We aren't talking about knocking down a wall and building an addition to run a single cable, like are you for real?

It's one cable, and a drill (hell you could just punch a hole with a screwdriver or anything like that) and some electrical tape and either a unwound metal coat hanger or a fishing tape/snake if you're fancy.

Honestly anyone with the real ambition to compete online to the point where not being able to do so creates such angst should be able and willing to make minor efforts to pull it off.

I mean I get it if you just don't feel like it and only want to play for fun, but that is the case, that person definitely shouldn't have a voice or major stake in trying to affect the rules and policy of the tournaments. By all means go on ranked or player match and are a ball, it's not like you can't go play and have a blast with a wifi connection
Yeah, a lot of players don’t have the luxury of being able to do this. Sorry that is so hard for you to understand. Just because you are able to do it, doesn’t mean everyone else is able to.

As for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you’re even talking about.

Cashual

You must've nit picked parts n pieces... your basically saying I also have pay 100-200 extra dollars for a router also instead $5 for a cord... or pay money weekly to use a cord that also goes on top of the other expenses. Smh
To compete in an online tournament that could ultimately net you thousands of dollars? Uh...yeah. And if you don't have a router or modem, that accepts an Ethernet cable, how are you playing online at all?

If you're not willing to do what's necessary to compete, then don't cry about it. Do people that want to play some other game competitively on pc complain that they might have to upgrade their graphics card or pc or whatever to run a game at the appropriate specs to compete?

I offered you legitimate and non sarcastic solutions to the issues you mentioned that are holding you back. I'm not nitpicking in trying to help and show you can pull this off. Clearly, you'd rather complain and cry then actually fix the issue, and there's lots of people with your mentality in all walks of life that would rather bitch than get it done, so whatever.

Last edited:

Cashual

Yeah, a lot of players don’t have the luxury of being able to do this. Sorry that is so hard for you to understand. Just because you are able to do it, doesn’t mean everyone else is able to.

As for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you’re even talking about.
You're a joke of a poster day in and day out. Anyone is capable of runnin a cable....what's so special and privileged about that. We are talking about a tournament with cash prizes.

You have to buy a PS4 to compete also, there are barriers of entry to all forms of competition, period. You don't become a champion bowler without paying for a ball, shoes and lane time. All you need to play online for fun is a console or pc, the game, an an online connection.

The rest of my post was clearly a reference to people complaining about the wired connection requirement and it wasn't hard to follow at all.

You're brutal, and dead ass wrong as usual.

South

You're a joke of a poster day in and day out. Anyone is capable of runnin a cable....what's so special and privileged about that. We are talking about a tournament with cash prizes.

You have to buy a PS4 to compete also, there are barriers of entry to all forms of competition, period. You don't become a champion bowler without paying for a ball, shoes and lane time. All you need to play online for fun is a console or pc, the game, an an online connection.

The rest of my post was clearly a reference to people complaining about the wired connection requirement and it wasn't hard to follow at all.

I'm convinced you don't read shit & therefore don't deserve a actual response

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Wow, it usually takes a little longer than 2 posts for someone who’s losing an argument to start using ad hominems. Still satisfying though, just a little surprising.

Ontop of that, you’re also creating a strawman. My initial response had nothing to do with tournaments or competing. I was responding to @South’s post about not being able to run an Ethernet from his router to his console. I’ve seen this complaint a lot, and I once had this problem as well. I had several doors in the way, they would have to remain open at all times if I wanted to be wired. Which of course wasn’t a realistic option. It’s not as simple as “oh hey derp, just get a 100ft ethernet lul derp”. Obviously if it was that easy then there wouldn’t really be much of an issue. Which, that should be common sense, well... you would think it should be, at least.

Cashual

Wow, it usually takes a little longer than 2 posts for someone who’s losing an argument to start using ad hominems. Still satisfying though, just a little surprising.

Ontop of that, you’re also creating a strawman. My initial response had nothing to do with tournaments or competing. I was responding to @South’s post about not being able to run an Ethernet from his router to his console. I’ve seen this complaint a lot, and I once had this problem as well. I had several doors in the way, they would have to remain open at all times if I wanted to be wired. Which of course wasn’t a realistic option. It’s not as simple as “oh hey derp, just get a 100ft ethernet lul derp”. Obviously if it was that easy then there wouldn’t really be much of an issue. Which, that should be common sense, well... you would think it should be, at least.
Yeah it actually is that easy that's the comedy! At the most you're pulling a couple of staples on a carpet or putting tiny holes in drywall. I like how you're really bending over backwards to make it sound like it's such a burden and impossibility to have a wired connection. There are barriers to compete, and this is one of them. That isn't a straw man, that's as plain as it gets.

South was absolutely talking about wired connections being a requirement to compete is unfair, how wifi being inferior or prone to problems isn't real, and whatever.

You're truly an individual who lives to argue, is often wrong, and is arrogant about it and argues to death over nothing. Your contributions are almost entirely negative and you clearly thrive with the attention, so ad hominems seem pretty good here. Buh bye

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
just do what I done and pay your ISP to move your router if your family agrees, that's what I done. Cost me €30 and I'm pretty sure all ISPs do it

Alternatively you can invest in a powerline adapter it's a more expensive than above option, even though it's not true Wireless it's much better in quality and will show up on game as if your wired

Last edited:

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
get a monitor, cable and a lifeproof foldable table and move to where the router is when participating in WOTG. that should be under $150. price of 2 complete*** games. there are a lot of ways if you really want to.

I understand people not wanting to run cables not hidden through the house/apartment. that's ugly.

South

just do what I done and pay your ISP to move your router if your family agrees, that's what I done. Cost me €30 and I'm pretty sure all ISPs do it

Alternatively you can invest in a powerline adapter it's a more expensive than above option, even though it's not true Wireless it's much better in quality and will show up on game as if your wired
Tell me more about these powerline adapter

get a monitor, cable and a lifeproof foldable table and move to where the router is when participating in WOTG. that should be under $150. price of 2 complete*** games. there are a lot of ways if you really want to.

I understand people not wanting to run cables not hidden through the house/apartment. that's ugly.
I'm look into that

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You're truly an individual who lives to argue, is often wrong, and is arrogant about it and argues to death over nothing. Your contributions are almost entirely negative and you clearly thrive with the attention, so ad hominems seem pretty good here. Buh bye
No idea what you’re even talking about. You keep making remarks like this like I post constantly on here and engage in arguments. Maybe back in 2010, but I rarely even post on here anymore. So either you’re holding some very strange, old grudge against me, or you have me confused with someone else. Because literally nothing you’re saying about me makes any sense.

And of course, a thread to support an important part of the scene becomes a fucking whining war over something else. TYM gonna TYM.

trufenix

bye felicia
Man, I hate agreeing with Cashual, but the fact that you're referring to wired internet over wireless as a "luxury" in 2017 is entirely wrong. And yeah, it sucks that young people, poor people, and stupid people now can't participate but we have proven repeatedly that wifi makes tournaments worse. The players know it, the viewers know it, the developers know it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Man, I hate agreeing with Cashual, but the fact that you're referring to wired internet over wireless as a "luxury" in 2017 is entirely wrong. And yeah, it sucks that young people, poor people, and stupid people now can't participate but we have proven repeatedly that wifi makes tournaments worse. The players know it, the viewers know it, the developers know it.
No, I’m not referring to wired internet itself as a luxury. I’m saying there’s plenty of factors that prevent people from connecting their console to their router via ethernet, other than simply not buying a long ethernet cable. I’m not commenting on tournaments, or anything else. Just the fact that it’s not as simple for everyone to be on wired.

Also, you can still get lag spikes and horrible connections on wired. If you have a terrible connection, there’s not going to be much difference between your wifi and being wired.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Connect your 50 feet cable only during the tourney and unplug it after. It's thhhaaaaaat simple. I did it for the 4 years when I played at my parents house so I'm sure you can too. In fact, I had to use a 100 foot cable.. don't feel bad for anyone that isn't wired.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW

Shhhh too much common sense.

You literally listed all the things I've done to be wired

Cashual

Shhhh too much common sense.

You literally listed all the things I've done to be wired
I honestly was trying to offer genuine suggestions to fix the problem, but I was starting to think I was asking too much.

So thank you for reassuring me I'm not crazy.

Cashual

No idea what you’re even talking about. You keep making remarks like this like I post constantly on here and engage in arguments. Maybe back in 2010, but I rarely even post on here anymore. So either you’re holding some very strange, old grudge against me, or you have me confused with someone else. Because literally nothing you’re saying about me makes any sense.
I did explain in a post that I had you confused with another poster by the handle of Jynx, and I also apologized to you in a private message.

I made a mistake and looked like a jerk, and I'm sorry. No hard feelings.

Still disagree with you in this issue, but I've no personal issues with you whatsoever and from what I know are a good guy.

Cashual

Lol, why do you hate agreeing with me, though? I'm not exactly known for my controversial opinions, and despite my confusion in this thread where I looked like a bit of an ass, I'm not that terrible :p