What's new

Stream.Me's "War of the Gods" needs YOUR support!

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
You'll have to elaborate about best netcode. This game doesn't have the best netcode. If I wanted to name a game with the best netcode, it would be Guilty Gears. A game with lag spikes isn't a game with the best netcode.
Playing games like MvCI, BBCF, SG, & T7, online Injustice definitely without a doubt has best netcode of current games... no comparison and is the only scene with a wifi ban because of top players (used to be top) that start this wifi crap & have no knowledge of anything consisting of connection besides the ol os of "wifi = gtfo & wired = play away"
That's why this game is dying people have legitimate reasons to not get wired or they just don't even wanna have a 40ft cord goin through there house or move there game to a unreasonable place where even if they where wired the connection would still be trash. But these are the top players y'all listen to? The ones who literally sit in a GC & complain about netcode for 6 years then complain about wifi being online even though they said for 7 years "online placements don't matter" now all of a sudden it's changed.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So even after the mods of the tournament ruled he was wired & all his previous competitors said the connection was stable... this pic comes up.. I seen the game glitch out with wifi & wired sign. Rye just didn't want to hold that L so he os'd like 90% top nrs players do.
I wouldn’t play anyone on WOTG w that signal

We can argue this all day, game needs a tournament online mode that is disabled w WiFi is active

End

Tweedy

Noob
South you're hurting your argument.

All that needs to be said is that sometimes the wifi indicator does pop up when the other person is wired. Along with the fact that nobody was able to successfully report and ban basics, despite wifi being banned starting that week. So either there was no report from the 6-7 people Basics played, or that bug was encountered where the wifi symbol pops up, when they are wired.

This is all that needs to be said. Saying that Rye option selects or that it wasn't really laggy when nobody really knows besides them, is irrelevant.

No this is untrue, he took a pic and showed us in a DM group. Here I’ll get it and post it & t ready to A-PAULO-gize
well then idk why he said in the chat I wasnt on wifi for him then. And i wasn't on wifi so idk y it shows that I am. you really think that I couldve just gone through that entire tourney being on wifi and no one else complained and got me banned? I had already proved I wasnt on wifi idk what else id have to do.

perhaps rye got that photo from splash where we glitched and he did report it and thats when I had to prove i wasnt and everything worked out. idk y rye would take a photo of it, lose and then complain seems off to me. he was down 2-0 or maybe 2-1 i believe at one point in the set idk y he wouldnt at least try to complain then. rye doesnt really strike me as the guy to take a photo of wifi connection in a tourney and not report it right away.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Unfortunately I can't watch it live because I'm in Israel so I have to deal with local time issues. But I still keep watching the streams once the make it to YouTube, I'm truly sorry but this is the best I can do, you still have my full support and I hope we can keep things going.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
well then idk why he said in the chat I wasnt on wifi for him then. And i wasn't on wifi so idk y it shows that I am. you really think that I couldve just gone through that entire tourney being on wifi and no one else complained and got me banned? I had already proved I wasnt on wifi idk what else id have to do.

perhaps rye got that photo from splash where we glitched and he did report it and thats when I had to prove i wasnt and everything worked out. idk y rye would take a photo of it, lose and then complain seems off to me. he was down 2-0 or maybe 2-1 i believe at one point in the set idk y he wouldnt at least try to complain then. rye doesnt really strike me as the guy to take a photo of wifi connection in a tourney and not report it right away.
Idk but this is getting borderline funny now

It’s over who cares no one cares

Down w da WiFi

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Playing games like MvCI, BBCF, SG, & T7, online Injustice definitely without a doubt has best netcode of current games... no comparison and is the only scene with a wifi ban because of top players (used to be top) that start this wifi crap & have no knowledge of anything consisting of connection besides the ol os of "wifi = gtfo & wired = play away"
That's why this game is dying people have legitimate reasons to not get wired or they just don't even wanna have a 40ft cord goin through there house or move there game to a unreasonable place where even if they where wired the connection would still be trash. But these are the top players y'all listen to? The ones who literally sit in a GC & complain about netcode for 6 years then complain about wifi being online even though they said for 7 years "online placements don't matter" now all of a sudden it's changed.
MvCi netcode I would say is on par. It's one of the best rollbacks I played on.

But better then SG netcode? You do know they are using the Cannon brothers Rollback IP for their Netcode right? The same GGPO netcode KI is using.

South

MvCi netcode I would say is on par. It's one of the best rollbacks I played on.

But better then SG netcode? You do know they are using the Cannon brothers Rollback IP for their Netcode right? The same GGPO netcode KI is using.
I've played 10 matches on MvCI (15th rank) I barely play online n 9/10 those matches where laggy auto combo opps... it's definitely not on par & SG once again only reason it's "on par" is because you can adjust your input delay during sets... both games which I play exceeding more than nrs. And I have to say Injustice 2 will grant less laggy/spiky matches in a given amount.

South

South you're hurting your argument.

All that needs to be said is that sometimes the wifi indicator does pop up when the other person is wired. Along with the fact that nobody was able to successfully report and ban basics, despite wifi being banned starting that week. So either there was no report from the 6-7 people Basics played, or that bug was encountered where the wifi symbol pops up, when they are wired.

This is all that needs to be said. Saying that Rye option selects or that it wasn't really laggy when nobody really knows besides them, is irrelevant.
I could've went that direction with the debate. But when debating with closed minded people like pig who's counter argument is "wifi=get fucked & wired=play on" & he'll have 90% of tym ride him because he's a nrs name... reasoning & common sense is thrown out window sometimes. But I can agree that was the most logical direction to go with as you stated

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I've played 10 matches on MvCI (15th rank) I barely play online n 9/10 those matches where laggy auto combo opps... it's definitely not on par & SG once again only reason it's "on par" is because you can adjust your input delay during sets... both games which I play exceeding more than nrs. And I have to say Injustice 2 will grant less laggy/spiky matches in a given amount.
I don't know man. I have played more laggy/spiked matches in Injustice then any other fighting games. And this is mostly due to running into an army of Wifi players.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Reasoning and common sense is thrown out the window? really? When you can google a dozen damn studies and tests PROVING wifi is FAR more subject to disruption and issue than wired? But yeah, we are def throwing reason and common sense out the window by listening to the results of numerous tests done by a large number of totally different groups of people that continually prove that, under perfect circumstances Wifi is fine, but it can be interrupted FAR more easily, and in an environment like a fighting game that lives and dies by a frame, those small interruptions make a difference. We live in a world where everything is wireless, signals and bullshit flying around constantly. there ARE interrupts.

No one is saying wired is perfect or that wifi is always shit. What we're saying is that there is a higher chance wifi fucks up.

If you refuse to listen to this, or somehow dont realize it yourself when playing matches, I dunno what to tell you. And maybe you dont want a cord laying around or something, but ya know what? I dont want my time wasted, and I dont want a competitor to get fucked because you cant be bothered to set yourself up properly at least long enough to play. My PS4 is on wireless 90% of the time, but when I get on to play people, I have a cable I can plug in. It falls across the floor and we have to walk over it and that's not ideal, but in so far as possible, I have enough respect for the people Im playing - and myself and my own time - to take the extra step to make sure everything is as solid as I can make it.

South

I don't know man. I have played more laggy/spiked matches in Injustice then any other fighting games. And this is mostly due to running into an army of Wifi players.
We'll have to agree to disagree

South

Reasoning and common sense is thrown out the window? really? When you can google a dozen damn studies and tests PROVING wifi is FAR more subject to disruption and issue than wired? But yeah, we are def throwing reason and common sense out the window by listening to the results of numerous tests done by a large number of totally different groups of people that continually prove that, under perfect circumstances Wifi is fine, but it can be interrupted FAR more easily, and in an environment like a fighting game that lives and dies by a frame, those small interruptions make a difference. We live in a world where everything is wireless, signals and bullshit flying around constantly. there ARE interrupts.

No one is saying wired is perfect or that wifi is always shit. What we're saying is that there is a higher chance wifi fucks up.

If you refuse to listen to this, or somehow dont realize it yourself when playing matches, I dunno what to tell you. And maybe you dont want a cord laying around or something, but ya know what? I dont want my time wasted, and I dont want a competitor to get fucked because you cant be bothered to set yourself up properly at least long enough to play. My PS4 is on wireless 90% of the time, but when I get on to play people, I have a cable I can plug in. It falls across the floor and we have to walk over it and that's not ideal, but in so far as possible, I have enough respect for the people Im playing - and myself and my own time - to take the extra step to make sure everything is as solid as I can make it.
Ima only respond about last part... not everyone is able to be wired and that should be the end. This is a hindering thing everyone wants to be wired but some people aren't able

Tweedy

Noob
People who are on wifi act like being wired is some type of first world privledge that not everyone playing Injustice 2 with internet and ps4 has access to. Just sacrifice 1 pack of cigarettes worth of money and boom.

People who are on wifi act like being wired is some type of first world privledge that not everyone playing Injustice 2 with internet and ps4 has access to. Just sacrifice 1 pack of cigarettes worth of money and boom.
Um, excuse me, but I had to schedule an appointment with my cable company to rewire my modem. I had to drive 3 miles to buy a long enough ethernet cable. It took me MINUTES. I WORKED for the wired connection I have today, thank you.

For a lot of people it's not always that simple. I still have to play outside of my room because otherwise I wouldn't be wired. However if you expect to play in an online tourney, at the very least you should find a way to be wired

South

I can't because my PS4 is up stair... Ethernet is downstairs I doubt my parents want a 50ft cord goin through kitchen to the living room, up a flight of stairs, through hallway into my room. I can't move my PS4 downstairs because we only have one tv downstairs & my mom &a dad, sister etc watch tv downstairs all day I can't move the Ethernet up stairs because the connection won't be stable at all ( the service provider said so himself ) so ion care about the money or nothing these are VALID reasons to why I can't be wired & im certain that numerous others have worse or very different scenarios which also stop them from being wired even though some people just don't give a damn. And for me to have a valid reason behind not being able to become wired til I move out ( like a year hopefully ) and be banned from wotg is what makes me mad. Especially since I can't travel unless it's to a local in KH which I'm tryin to get info on to go along with to train with people like Black, Royale, Cat, Scar, Showtime & etc.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
A lot of people are just like "ugh stream me", when stream me isn't even that bad. Whenever a stream goes down on twitch, people are just like "rip rip rip" or don't say anything. When it goes down on stream me "bro twitch so much better omg", when rip streams happen just as much, just on twitch people don't give props to another site when it happens.

Would suck if the stream me being bad meme kills the best thing going atm. Stream me tournaments have been too good to be true for a while now, tho.
It’s bad on mobile, where most people watch streams. Unless there’s a good stream.me app I’m unaware of. The twitch app is very good and convenient. So when it comes to WoTG, I just wait until the replay is up on YouTube.