What's new

Stop Thinking in Absolutes

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Are you dumb? That is a result of 20 years of playing the game. If the game was discarded because weak people all unanimously decided on the onset that 0.Sagat, Vega, Boxer were too cheap/broken/spammy/scrubby/babyzone/whatever dumb excuse than the game would have never evolved.
Except that isn't the history of ST, so again using it as an example to counter my initial point has no bearing. And it was Akuma who was clearly OP in ST, and he was therefore banned. If he wasn't, the game would have died from a competitive/tournament stand point.

Lol batman isn't broken. And zoning is strong as hell.
assuming some1 perfects his rushdown he may be able to pressure for extremely long periods of time... he might not be broken but he may turn out to have the best matchup chart in the game without any losing matchups. the only candidate i see to beat batman right now is solomon grundy, and i don't think that will last.

Batman isn't even the best. You obviously haven't played a good superman. He's the best character can zone and Rushdown. Batman is pretty one dimensional and after this nerf he won't even be top 10.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Ya srsly, ppl need to stop with the "Nerf this Nerf that Threads NOW" Nothing is too broken atm...

Except that isn't the history of ST, so again using it as an example to counter my initial point has no bearing. And it was Akuma who was clearly OP in ST, and he was therefore banned. If he wasn't, the game would have died from a competitive/tournament stand point.
lol typical gibberish from an internet historian. Akuma is "broken" by design and has always been competitively invisible. Pretty pathetic fucking way to dismiss my point which totally destroyed yours. ST, MvC2, CVS2, 3rd Strike, Vampire Savior et all are games with long and ongoing tournament history. Any revisions to these games were rejected. People stuck it out against MSP, 3s Chun, A-groove and all the top tier shit and the games benefited for it. You on the other hand want anything strong to be handicapped. You know whats fair? Making every single move unsafe so that everybody gets a chance to punish everything, and making every mixup seeable so every player gets an opportunity to "guess" correctly every single time. You want to play that game? Moan loud enough and I'm sure NRS will transform it for you.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
lol typical gibberish from an internet historian. Akuma is "broken" by design and has always been competitively invisible. Pretty pathetic fucking way to dismiss my point which totally destroyed yours. ST, MvC2, CVS2, 3rd Strike, Vampire Savior et all are games with long and ongoing tournament history. Any revisions to these games were rejected. People stuck it out against MSP, 3s Chun, A-groove and all the top tier shit and the games benefited for it. You on the other hand want anything strong to be handicapped. You know whats fair? Making every single move unsafe so that everybody gets a chance to punish everything, and making every mixup seeable so every player gets an opportunity to "guess" correctly every single time. You want to play that game? Moan loud enough and I'm sure NRS will transform it for you.
Who are you talking to? When and where have I ever advocated nerfs and balance patches? You obviously have no idea what my point ever was, and have been attacking your own constructed straw man this entire time, which is hilarious. Of course Akuma is "competitively invisible" - as I stated to begin with, that's my whole point! If he wasn't, the game would be dead. Notice how all of the games you listed have more than 2 tournament-viable characters? And how none of them are the first game in their respective series? You are aware that on a fundamental level, ST is of course just a pre-internet patch of SSF2?

But continue taking all of your pre-conceived notions of a random NRS scrub and bestowing them upon me. Chances are I've been playing fighters competitively longer than you've been alive.

Just to clarify, it's ALREADY a 50/50** for 99% of the cast. The nerf makes it much less than 50% chance that Ares will guess correctly on the reset.

(**Actually it's not even a real 50/50, as the opponent can either get out of the reset clean or you just don't do the reset at all and then punish their wake-up attack...if it's one of the ones Ares can even punish)
Exactly why I quoted "reset". It's not even a true reset now as it is and everyone I know can deal with it except Green Lantern. The Ares nerf is just meh considering there are far more problematic characters in the game.

cyke_out

Noob
I'd love to see what nerfs people would do to doomsday to still make him viable. I doubt they are screaming nerf in the interests of perceived fairness and more that they haven't learned the match up yet and just want an easy win.

cyke_out

Noob
Kuz it's borrre-iinng....

#RTSD! ! !
A subjective opinion is subjective.

Any competitive activity will have less than crowd pleasing options. A quarterback kneeling to draw the clock out, intentionally walking the batter, a wrestler laying in full guard with minimal ground and pound.

Just because it's boring doesn't mean it should be weakened or limited. it's a viable tactic and the dichotomy between zoning and rushdown is one of the cornerstones of fighters.

jrock920

Noob
I do not have any shame in admitting that I have very little knowledge of this game. I will never pretend to be some IAGU "expert" at this point in the game, nor will I allow myself into thinking that I am any sort of good in this game at this point...

Fact is.. we are all bad at the game, the game is too new for it to be any other way... Since we are all bad right now, how the hell is anyone going to say what is too strong, not strong enough, top 5, bottom 5, etc..?

So many people are in a rush to be these "experts" at such an early point in the game. Thinking in absolutes where "x" character is top or op without a shadow of a doubt, or think a character has little to work with this early in the game will do nothing but hurt your and the games development. Thinking in absolutes so early means that you do not approach things with an open mind..

IMO.. there is a 24 way tie for #1 until I actually get some knowledge or enough exp to think anything different.

I also will not allow myself to get caught up in the nerfs/buffs talks. I am not concerned as to what NRS plans to do in up coming patches, I am only concerned in playing the game in general so that I can learn what the hell I am doing half the time...

I think we all need to take a step back from thinking in absolutes and being so concerned about "OMG... what are the changes?"..

When things change, you will get patch notes, then worry about it.. When the game evolves and we all get exp, then we can see whats good.. Until then, play with an open mind...
great post tom brady

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It is the human condition good sir, you can not fight with the mass. The people that recognise what you said in the OP will be the ones that rise to the top and the majority that continue to think as most do will continue to be mediocre.

The fact that most people who play Injustice were engaged with MK from the beginning or there in abouts means that people are carrying over that mentality they had with MK over 2 years into it, into injustice. In some ways this is good, it means strategies and characters can be fleshed out quicker and in more depth, but it always means that people want to treat Injustice week 3 the same way they treat a matured and developed MK.

The top players will get it, but the new forum users and most people that only came into fighters with MK won't.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
A subjective opinion is subjective.

Any competitive activity will have less than crowd pleasing options. A quarterback kneeling to draw the clock out, intentionally walking the batter, a wrestler laying in full guard with minimal ground and pound.

Just because it's boring doesn't mean it should be weakened or limited. it's a viable tactic and the dichotomy between zoning and rushdown is one of the cornerstones of fighters.

I never said it should be nerfed, I just answered your question.

Generally, when people kan play fighting games and the best strategy is to not fight the game isn't doing what it should be.

Zoning vs Rushdown is good, and it's generally best to have a balance like in MK9 but if people had to choose one over the other then most would often choose Rushdown.

Zoning is not only simpler, but easier, and while this makes things accessible, it also makes things duller because of the lack of options.

Imagine a game where you kan only zone, now imagine a game where you kan only rushdown.