What's new

Stop Thinking in Absolutes

I do not have any shame in admitting that I have very little knowledge of this game. I will never pretend to be some IAGU "expert" at this point in the game, nor will I allow myself into thinking that I am any sort of good in this game at this point...

Fact is.. we are all bad at the game, the game is too new for it to be any other way... Since we are all bad right now, how the hell is anyone going to say what is too strong, not strong enough, top 5, bottom 5, etc..?

So many people are in a rush to be these "experts" at such an early point in the game. Thinking in absolutes where "x" character is top or op without a shadow of a doubt, or think a character has little to work with this early in the game will do nothing but hurt your and the games development. Thinking in absolutes so early means that you do not approach things with an open mind..

IMO.. there is a 24 way tie for #1 until I actually get some knowledge or enough exp to think anything different.

I also will not allow myself to get caught up in the nerfs/buffs talks. I am not concerned as to what NRS plans to do in up coming patches, I am only concerned in playing the game in general so that I can learn what the hell I am doing half the time...

I think we all need to take a step back from thinking in absolutes and being so concerned about "OMG... what are the changes?"..

When things change, you will get patch notes, then worry about it.. When the game evolves and we all get exp, then we can see whats good.. Until then, play with an open mind...

agreed 100% . we should all be learning the game instead of acting like we know what we are even talking about in the first place. because all these arguments we have about the game now and tier list will only change in the future

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Tom, I'll have you know I'm already a firmly established #1 top player in Injustice, it's just that the fucking piece of shit garbage laggy ass PS3 is used for tournaments. And someone fucked with the refresh rate on those ASUS monitors and set it to run natively at 2160p. And converters should be banned. And the frame data is still wrong, being +12 on hit means you should have advantage for 12 seconds. Human error is as relevant as Sub-Zero's nerfs.

In all seriousness, as much as I agree with the OP, LBSH, stuff like this is what it's going to boil down to.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
You're definitely right about not being a prisoner of the moment. But you also have to acknowledge that when dirt is found, it'll be exploited until it's dealt with. And since most are scrubs who refuse to learn the game, they ask for nerfs/buffs.

And that fact, is VERY VERY unfortunate for those who took the time to develop their dirt.

So many people are in a rush to be these "experts" at such an early point in the game. Thinking in absolutes where "x" character is top or op without a shadow of a doubt, or think a character has little to work with this early in the game will do nothing but hurt your and the games development...
This is so true. when these top/bottom lists are released people flock to the top characters and drop the bottom characters. The potential of those characters is wasted and it takes a lot longer to develop them. Take Joker for example It seems like Cat is the only one working on him.

I'll admit when I saw the title I thought it was gonna be about the leaked DLC list and how just cause the first two are right doesn't mean the last two will be.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
I have great respect for Tom Brady but honestly he is completely wrong here.

To say at this point in the game that "everyone is OP" is the height of myopic thinking. There are clearly characters better than others, with more tools than others, who can shut others down almost completely. Match-up numbers are becoming apparent, and for many it is not pretty.

It is not too early to start talking about these things. It is not too early to point out obvious differences, deficiencies, and exploits.

It does not make Injustice a bad game to point this stuff out. It does not make Injustice a failure to state the obvious. Quite the opposite actually - Injustice will only grow and prosper if we do confront tiers head on, and not hide our heads in the sand, repeating "everyone is op" over and over again.

Glass Sword

Nobody
Tom has a point it is too early to say who is the best. The only thing which one can get down for an individual player is which character works for that individual.
Seriously this is the point where we all find that character which clicks best with us. For example I'm having a mini character crisis right now, but it is OK since it is early.
We will be able to argue tiers in matchups after we have squeezed every last bit of tech and useful discussion we can muster.
If you want to talk in absolutes go to the MK9 section.

I have great respect for Tom Brady but honestly he is completely wrong here.

To say at this point in the game that "everyone is OP" is the height of myopic thinking. There are clearly characters better than others, with more tools than others, etc. Match-up numbers are becoming apparent, and for many it is not pretty.

It is not too early to start talking about these things. It is not too early to point out obvious differences, deficiencies, and exploits.

It does not make Injustice a bad game to point this stuff out. It does not make Injustice a failure to state the obvious. Quite the opposite actually - Injustice will only grow and prosper if we don't confront tiers head on, and not hide our heads in the sand, repeating "everyone is op" over and over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less than a month in.. and... "Match-up numbers are becoming apparent, and for many it is not pretty" .. Less than a month in? How can you be so sure on these MU's less than one month into the games life?...

and i never said "everyone is OP".. I said that to me they are all in a tie for #1 until I get more exp...

VGB Joe Kerr

Insane Brilliance
In all seriousness though. In being a new community for a new game where we are all currently pretty even. How do we go about becoming experts without not being experts? I think that's how to word it, it sounds better in my head.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Pretty much. Folks are spending too much time talking about playing and not enough time actually learning to play better. You can't theory fighter a win offline and have it work in real life as certain as it seems on paper. Believe me I know a bunch of dudes who suck at fighters that just talk all damned day reading frame data.

You get good by playing. You learn what works well for a character and how to deal with it by playing them. Its too early to know everything yet. Just go play and enjoy yourselves and see how good you can get at moving around and getting through people's stuff for a few months. All this nerf/buff top tier low tier shit this early is folks jumping the gun and not giving the game a chance before labeling everything in it.

Shut up and play.