What's new

Stock Market NEC Edition: Well an alien DID win

coolwhip

Noob
Looks like the timeline of the game is repeating MK9s
This is about time the debate wouldve come up :p

LBSH though, UK only has 2 players that could hang with the top guys in the USA. And 1 of us is M.I.A.
You need to come to EVO. Save-up, community drive, beg, steal, whatever... The stock market and post-EVO KTP alone would be worthwhile. Let's be honest, if you get bodied, 16 Bit will have a field day and it will be awesome. If you win, it will be the biggest "hold dat" in the history of hold dats, and it will be awesome.

I now value hype with regards to its stock market potential.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I love the "What If" posts. I think through this after every tournament... except mine usually have many more names because I lose in pools but What ev.
Well I fought almost every single person in top 8 in casuals and money matches, so it's not just like theory fighting "what ifs" I seen what actually happens :p

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Man you're reacting wrong to 16 bit, just backdash. Look at yourself, not your tech, look at your opponent, not your tech. Learn how to beat people, not how to Flash people. Thats your weakness.
am not ignorant enough to say that i don't need to fix something about my game, but its not like i rely on tech and i think thats just a common assumption because i came up with a lot of tech for the character. i have been focusing on footsies and different strategies for certain MU more lately than tech, why do you think i haven't released a tech video in so long?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Well I fought almost every single person in top 8 in casuals and money matches, so it's not just like theory fighting "what ifs" I seen what actually happens :p
yea but that still doesn't mean anything, and it has to do with 2/3 being retarded for this game. who is to say you wouldn't have beat jupiter 10 - 2 when you played him in pools? thats goes for every match in the tournament, in reality its who every gets 2 wins first. i could have a lucky day and you could be slightly off you game, and even though you 5 - 0 me in MM i can get lucky and get 2 wins off of you in tournament and then you're in losers. atleast with 3/5 there is a larger margin for better players to advance. it basically boils down to who adapts the fastest, and for a game with no rounds and infinite amount of set ups and one clash 2/3 is not enough. anyway this is for another thread, my point is you could beat everyone 20 - 0 in MM and still lose in tournament.

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
Man you're reacting wrong to 16 bit, just backdash. Look at yourself, not your tech, look at your opponent, not your tech. Learn how to beat people, not how to Flash people. Thats your weakness.
So what your basically trying to tell him, is to become one with the force?

HushoftheWind

When's GGA!?
i guess im one of the few people not surprised that ppj won the tourney. If you guys have been keeping up with the GGA stream on Thursdays you would know that this man is a beast with each character he plays and he has a back door for any match up in the game as far as top tier characters goes. The guy is basically the Swiss army knife of Injustice.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
thank you, i'll see how it all turns out. its the 10th so i have 2 solid weeks to plan to go out there. i also plan on going to SCR and final round next year. how far is GGA from where FF is being held?
It would be great to see you here at SCR.. That's the major I'm preparing for since I kan't afford travel right now...

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
yea but that still doesn't mean anything, and it has to do with 2/3 being retarded for this game. who is to say you wouldn't have beat jupiter 10 - 2 when you played him in pools? thats goes for every match in the tournament, in reality its who every gets 2 wins first. i could have a lucky day and you could be slightly off you game, and even though you 5 - 0 me in MM i can get lucky and get 2 wins off of you in tournament and then you're in losers. atleast with 3/5 there is a larger margin for better players to advance. it basically boils down to who adapts the fastest, and for a game with no rounds and infinite amount of set ups and one clash 2/3 is not enough. anyway this is for another thread, my point is you could beat everyone 20 - 0 in MM and still lose in tournament.
yeah but he DID make top 8, and has always made top 8, no luck against him i'd say, or he's just a lucky sob himself, no skill

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
am not ignorant enough to say that i don't need to fix something about my game, but its not like i rely on tech and i think thats just a common assumption because i came up with a lot of tech for the character. i have been focusing on footsies and different strategies for certain MU more lately than tech, why do you think i haven't released a tech video in so long?
Well, from when I play you, its never a matchup based problem that I see you losing matches to, its literally just little things you seem to not take note of.
Knowing your opponent can be more powerful than knowing your opponents character.
As well as knowing your own weaknesses too. I noticed that my weakness was impatience before, so I would always do well against anybody that had to fight upclose, and it would be a slugfest against players that zone.

1 dash can cost alot in this game, but it can also save alot.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
The 2/3 argument is timeless, even in games with 400% health and 5 rounds a match people hate the idea of 2/3. We have to remember that the winner of the 2/3 set is the better player at the time no matter what. The winner has bested the other player in the set given, simple as that.

I've lost many 2/3 sets in mvc2, mk, and some in injustice and i will admit, i get salty when i feel i shouldn't have lost, but i have learned that i just have to fix my face, hold that shit, and find ways to prevent it from happening again.

What people are scared the most about in 2/3 sets is the unknown/random factor, people hate losing to shit they've never encountered or is weird to them.