What's new

Stock Exchange IV: opening bell is at 9:30 am

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Elder God
NetherRealm Studios
GGA Dizzy: Stock at record high. Top 8 finish in Injustice and MK champion. UFGT was one of the most stacked tournaments in 2013, featuring many non-washed up players(now an important caveat for judging MK tournaments) and this win solidifies GGA's position as the undisputed #1 MK team. Deserves props for overcoming the Kenshi MU but needs to finally stop up playing Kitana or there will be a revolt in the Davis Household.

Forever King: Stock up. The Swoll One places top 8 in both games and picks up the Kenshi slack for the now washed up Pig. Averted disaster early in pools with a narrow win over Glass Sword(as unswoll as King is swoll) showing that his past of constant choking may be behind him.

Chris G: Stock up. Wins like 3 tournaments at UFGT and almost placed top 8 at another MK major but thankfully the comp wasn't quite as washed up enough to let that happen. New York is claiming him to prove they're the #1 region but I would make the case Chris G is his own entity, more a force of nature than a NY player.

GGA Slips: Stock up. GGA's newest member proves his worth by placing top 4 at UFGT and putting M2Dave and Totterymanx on blast. Maybe people will actually listen to him when he talks about Injustice now. Presumably had a good time with Tekken girl.

GGA Jeremiah: Stock neutral. Solid top 16 finish in the main tournament and 2nd place in the character auction. Pulled off the biggest comeback against DJT since I ruined B W1zz's life at Devastation 2011. Now trying to become GGA's first member to be dual sponsored, by applying to join CORN.

Pig of the Hut: Stock down. Had a pretty good showing in Injustice but was out placed by fellow Sinestro Wound Cowboy and did not place top 8 in MK thanks to his master PPJ. Is now running around the forums screaming to the heavens about Killer Frost and praying for General Zod as DLC.

GGA 16 Bit: Stock neutral. Played Injustice for apparently "1.7 years" only to get bodied by flying drones and not place top 8. MK went well though, only losing to unwinnable 2-8 MUs like Kenshi and Dizzy. Has become dried off(a return from being washed up) thanks to MK's current era. With everyone out of practice my natural sloppy play style of jumping around like an idiot, mashing d+1 and just throwing out ranged normals haphazardly could arguably make me more dangerous than ever.

GGA Wafflez: stock neutral. Got bodied in Injustice but has a good 5th place finish in Mortal Kombat. Free to Kung Lao as always, Tommy claims he would have won the tournament if he could land his resets but no one believes him. For once I won't use this space to blow up young Thomas since he did a good job ridding Dizzy and I of Pig's Kenshi in the top 8.

Carl: Stock down. Hosts a panel on Injustice only to get bodied in pools. Once again got bodied by Vegas and myself in MK. Has his work cut out for him at EVO. Only a real master could win 3 peat. Probably the most baffling thing about Carl's Injustice performance is him not using Black Adam. This guy won the world championship twice by jumping around like an idiot doing dive kicks and now refuses to play Black Adam. I don't get it.

Wound Cowboy: Stock neutral. Came to Chicago to do well in MK and use the Injustice tournament as a learning experience and then somehow got bodied in MK and placed 2nd in Injustice. I played Cowboy a lot in both games over this weekend and cannot begin to fathom his placement in either games. They should be swapped. Regardless, no matter how whack his tournament fate is he still cannot escape the 2nd place curse.

M2Dave: Stock plummeted. Spent all of last week pouting about Deathstroke only to watch Aris win WNF and Slips place top 4 with Deathstroke. On blast and exposed, Dave has updated his talking points to compare DS to Mileena instead of Kano and is now acting as New York's cheerleader, apparently so bitter at Slips he'd rather betray his Midwest roots than admit he may have been wrong.

DJT & MIT: Stock down. In one of the dumbest moves in MKC history DJT and MIT overslept and DJT got DQed in MK and MIT got DQed in Injustice. MIT has now technically gone 0-2 in every Injustice tournament he's entered. Thankfully they did pretty good in the tournaments they were able to enter with DJT winning the character auction tournament and MIT placing 4th in MK, giving eventual champion Dizzy a hard time and defeating Final Round champion Wafflez in the top 8. Hopefully the brothers can remember to set their alarm clarks correctly for EVO.

Tyrant: Stock down. Not the best showing in either game, Tyrant got bodied in Injustice and is now playing Grundy at WNF and got Caged by Dizzy so hard in top 16 in MK he actually left the tournament to get a pizza. I know how that feels man.

Tom Brady: Stock down. Came into UFGT the favorite to win only to fail to place top 16. Has now transformed into his alter ago, the infamous Emo Tom, and can currently be found mumbling about how he's a fraud and Wonder Chef is a better Aquaman. Without an Injustice NFG to cheer him up Tom may need a win at CEO to recover from his case of the emo.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Forever King: Stock up. The Swoll One places top 8 in both games and picks up the Kenshi slack for the now washed up Pig. Averted disaster early in pools with a narrow win over Glass Sword(as unswoll as King is swoll) showing that his past of constant choking may be behind him.

I am dying. This is amazing.

I can't wait to cash in my stocks

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
GGA Dizzy: Stock at record high. Top 8 finish in Injustice and MK champion. UFGT was one of the most stacked tournaments in 2013, featuring many non-washed up players(now an important caveat for judging MK tournaments) and this win solidifies GGA's position as the undisputed #1 MK team. Deserves props for overcoming the Kenshi MU but needs to finally stop up playing Kitana or there will be a revolt in the Davis Household.

Chris G: Stock up. Wins like 3 tournaments at UFGT and almost placed top 8 at another MK major but thankfully the comp wasn't quite as washed up enough to let that happen. New York is claiming him to prove they're the #1 region but I would make the case Chris G is his own entity, more a force of nature than a NY player.

GGA Slips: Stock up. GGA's newest member proves his worth by placing top 4 at UFGT and putting M2Dave and Totterymanx on blast. Maybe people will actually listen to him when he talks about Injustice now. Presumably had a good time with Tekken girl.

GGA Jeremiah: Stock neutral. Solid top 16 finish in the main tournament and 2nd place in the character auction. Pulled off the biggest comeback against DJT since I ruined B W1zz's life at Devastation 2011. Now trying to become GGA's first member to be dual sponsored, by applying to join CORN.

Pig of the Hut: Stock down. Had a pretty good showing in Injustice but was out placed by fellow Sinestro Wound Cowboy and did not place top 8 in MK thanks to his master PPJ. Is now running around the forums screaming to the heavens about Killer Frost and praying for General Zod as DLC.

GGA 16 Bit: Stock neutral. Played Injustice for apparently "1.7 years" only to get bodied by flying drones and not place top 8. MK went well though, only losing to unwinnable 2-8 MUs like Kenshi and Dizzy. Has become dried off(a return from being washed up) thanks to MK's current era. With everyone out of practice my natural sloppy play style of jumping around like an idiot, mashing d+1 and just throwing out ranged normals haphazardly could arguably make me more dangerous than ever.

GGA Wafflez: stock neutral. Got bodied in Injustice but has a good 5th place finish in Mortal Kombat. Free to Kung Lao as always, Tommy claims he would have won the tournament if he could land his resets but no one believes him. For once I won't use this space to blow up young Thomas since he did a good job ridding Dizzy and I of Pig's Kenshi in the top 8.

Carl: Stock down. Hosts a panel on Injustice only to get bodied in pools. Once again got bodied by Vegas and myself in MK. Has his work cut out for him at EVO. Only a real master could win 3 peat. Probably the most baffling thing about Carl's Injustice performance is him not using Black Adam. This guy won the world championship twice by jumping around like an idiot doing dive kicks and now refuses to play Black Adam. I don't get it.

Wound Cowboy: Stock neutral. Came to Chicago to do well in MK and use the Injustice tournament as a learning experience and then somehow got bodied in MK and placed 2nd in Injustice. I played Cowboy a lot in both games over this weekend and cannot begin to fathom his placement in either games. They should be swapped. Regardless, no matter how whack his tournament fate is he still cannot escape the 2nd place curse.

M2Dave: Stock plummeted. Spent all of last week pouting about Deathstroke only to watch Aris win WNF and Slips place top 4 with Deathstroke. On blast and exposed, Dave has updated his talking points to compare DS to Mileena instead of Kano and is now acting as New York's cheerleader, apparently so bitter at Slips he'd rather betray his Midwest roots than admit he may have been wrong.

DJT & MIT: Stock down. In one of the dumbest moves in MKC history DJT and MIT overslept and DJT got DQed in MK and MIT got DQed in Injustice. MIT has now technically gone 0-2 in every Injustice tournament he's entered. Thankfully they did pretty good in the tournaments they were able to enter with DJT winning the character auction tournament and MIT placing 4th in MK, giving eventual champion Dizzy a hard time and defeating Final Round champion Wafflez in the top 8. Hopefully the brothers can remember to set their alarm clarks correctly for EVO.

Tyrant: Stock down. Not the best showing in either game, Tyrant got bodied in Injustice and is now playing Grundy at WNF and got Caged by Dizzy so hard in top 16 in MK he actually left the tournament to get a pizza. I know how that feels man.

Tom Brady: Stock down. Came into UFGT the favorite to win only to fail to place top 16. Has now transformed into his alter ago, the infamous Emo Tom, and can currently be found mumbling about how he's a fraud and Wonder Chef is a better Aquaman. Without an Injustice NFG to cheer him up Tom may need a win at CEO to recover from his case of the emo.
Maaan, my stock should go up. I don't suck that bad at Injustice, you just play a character that rapes Sinestro :(. And as for MK.... those laggies bro.

DJ L Toro

Champion
The Swoll One
MIT has now technically gone 0-2 in every Injustice tournament he's entered.
Has now transformed into his alter ago, the infamous Emo Tom, and can currently be found mumbling about how he's a fraud and Wonder Chef is a better Aquaman. Without an Injustice NFG to cheer him up Tom may need a win at CEO to recover from his case of the emo.
LOL.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I would say his stock is up. He did place top 16 in MK and actually took a game off Carl's Kabal. For some reason Kabal is the best character in the game but Carl literally can't beat anyone with him.

I think he did make it out of injustice pools too.

So like..can we upgrade him to the urinal or something?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Also:

Godspeed: Stock up due to showing up and wiping the floor with a lot of people in a stacked tournament when it mattered. Showed what Black Adam can do even against players who train against Black Adam every week. By extension, WNF stock is up and WNF downplayers' stock is down.

Arturo: Stock up. Came in and represented in a minefield of a top 8, played some really great matches, hung in there when it looked like he might lose and a pulled a number of tricks out of his pocket to end up 3rd. Pretty tenacious and seasoned play from him. Big bounce-back from ECT.

CORN|Alucard: I don't know how anyone can leave this guy out of a stock report, but his stock is way up due to bodying a number of key players with a character everyone forgot about; and also due to the pop off heard round the world.

p2win: Stock removed from the trading index.

Flying interactibles: Stock way way up. Reports of players being able to dodge them all have proven to be overrated. A few people finally found out that you take damage even when you MB b3.

9:30 AM Top 8 Timeslots: Bodied. Stock way down.

Community spirit: Stock up after players rallied to save Chris G's Top 8 IGAU bid from DQ. That was a nice moment for competitive fighting game sports in general, and it showed that there's heart even beyond all the complaining and the regional rivalries.

Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
i placed 13th in a 180 man major only to lose to Frost who no one plays correctly but one person so far.

And alucard which was respectful

I place 9th in a game i havent touched in 3 months?

Im telling you all buy my stock now if not you wont be able to afford me a month or two. No Lao beat my kenshi more than i beat them. Pain is coming