What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

Thracian_Priest

The troll awakens...
this list doesn't match with Ed Boon words about how so many classic fan favorites they gonna return It's only Jade?
Jade
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Kitana
Kabal
Kano
Johnny Cage
Sonya
Baraka
Frost
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Raiden
Shao Kahn
Probably Noob and/or Rain, judging from the game menu art.

15 classics out of 25 characters is a perfect match with Ed's words. It's literally more than half the roster.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 59910

The TON of classics characters
Jade
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Kitana
Kabal
Kano
Johnny Cage
Sonya
Baraka
Frost
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Raiden
Shao Kahn
Probably Noob and/or Rain, judging from the game menu art.

15 classics out of 25 characters is a perfect match with Ed's words. It's literally more than half the roster.
Frost is classic???

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
JACQUI is new Hsu Hao. That is most unsuccesfull and grey generic character in MKX, really, no identity, no idea, just generic military girl. Even Jax was very bright - big guy with big iron arms, JACQUI... is grey little girl with little toys instead of brutal Jax's iron implants, without any chatacter and individuality, without role in story...
Why? Why NRS make generic kobra and hsu hao again? JACQUI is the shame

SenSx

Noob
JACQUI is new Hsu Hao. That is most unsuccesfull and grey generic character in MKX, really, no identity, no idea, just generic military girl. Even Jax was very bright - big guy with big iron arms, JACQUI... is grey little girl with little toys instead of brutal Jax's iron implants, without any chatacter and individuality, without role in story...
Why? Why NRS make generic kobra and hsu hao again? JACQUI is the shame
Jacquie should have been more about close combat, like a "light" Jax : no metal arms, but still brutal for a woman.

Instead they made her a bland special forces military, using rifles and gadgets like Sonya (very spammy and annoying to fight on top of that).

This roster is no looking good at the moment imo.
There will be many disappointed people with no Reptile, Ermac, Mileena.

But what about the fans that have been waiting 8 years for their characters who missed X to come back ?
Rain ? Noob ? Smoke ? Sindel ? Shang ? Nightwolf ? Even Stryker would have been better than one of those MKX returning.
And even longer : Fujin and the likes ?
They'll have to wait for 15 ? 20 years ?
Or maybe they are keeping all those long overdue behind a pay wall ?

This roster just feels like a rehash of MKX.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 59910

Yes IMO.

Take her out of my list, if u wish, what Ed said is still correct.
Only Jade, Baraka, Kabal, Shao Kahn, Rain and Noob (if they are in) returning after a long time. This roster is MKX 2, what I understand due the story mode. But when they say “the timeline is going backwards” I think about Shang, Sindel... not Frost. (Nothing against Frost).

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I get a lot of the disbelief and what not, but the fact is this leak does show a lot of classic characters from the trilogy era are in.

Are they all in? No, but then again this is MK 11, not MK9. Half the roster is from the trilogy era. I think that's as good as you're going to get from that era, barring DLC.

You have to make room for some new characters (which looks to be about 4), and leave some spots open for some MKX returnees, and a spot or two for the 3D era.

Looks to me NRS did just that: 15 Trilogy, 1 3D, 5 MKX, 4 New.

I'm disappointed Reptile looks to be sitting out, but someone 'has' to sit out, and Reptile has had a long run in the MK games. Ermac too. And Mileena. I'm willing to bet we'll see them as DLC though.

So, what's been leaked may come off as weird or unfair to you, but if you look at it objectively, it comes across more plausible than implausible.

Here's what we have so far, if this massive leak is correct:
1. Scorpion (Classic)
2. Sub-Zero (Classic)
3. Raiden (Classic)
4. Sonya (Classic)
5. Baraka (Classic)
6. Skarlet (MK9 Return)
7. Geras (New)
8. Kano (Classic)
9. Kabal (Classic)
10. Liu Kang (Classic)
11. Kung Lao (Classic)
12. Frost (3D Era)
13. Jade (Classic)
14. Cassie Cage (MKX)
15. Jacqui Briggs (MKX)
16. Erron Black (MKX)
17. Kotal Kahn (MKX)
18. Shao Kahn (Classic)
19. D'vorah (MKX)
20. TER (New?)
21. KOL (New?)
22. CET (New?)
23. Kitana (Classic)
24. Maybe Rain (Classic)
25. Maybe Noob (Classic)
26. Maybe Shang (Classic)

Last edited:
I'm disappointed Reptile looks to be sitting out, but someone 'has' to sit out, and Reptile has had a long run in the MK games. Ermac too. And Mileena. I'm willing to bet we'll see them as DLC though.
It's still sad to see these iconic characters relegated as DLCs. I love Mileena, I'd prefer having her in DLC than not in the game at all but that's still a shame.

SenSx

Noob
I get a lot of the disbelief and what not, but the fact is this leak does show a lot of classic characters from the trilogy era are in.

Are they all in? No, but then again this is MK 11, not MK9. Half the roster is from the trilogy era. I think that's as good as you're going to get from that era, barring DLC.

You have to make room for some new characters (which looks to be about 4), and leave some spots open for some MKX returnees, and a spot or two for the 3D era.

Looks to me NRS did just that: 15 Trilogy, 1 3D, 5 MKX, 4 New.

So, what's been leaked may come off as weird or unfair to you, but if you look at it objectively, it comes across more plausible than implausible.

Here's what we have so far, if this massive leak is correct:
1. Scorpion (Classic)
2. Sub-Zero (Classic)
3. Raiden (Classic)
4. Sonya (Classic)
5. Baraka (Classic)
6. Skarlet (MK9 Return)
7. Geras (New)
8. Kano (Classic)
9. Kabal (Classic)
10. Liu Kang (Classic)
11. Kung Lao (Classic)
12. Frost (3D Era)
13. Jade (Classic)
14. Cassie Cage (MKX)
15. Jacqui Briggs (MKX)
16. Erron Black (MKX)
17. Kotal Kahn (MKX)
18. Shao Kahn (Classic)
19. D'vorah (MKX)
20. TER (New?)
21. KOL (New?)
22. CET (New?)
23. Kitana (Classic)
24. Maybe Rain (Classic)
25. Maybe Noob (Classic)
26. Maybe Shang (Classic)
So Jonny Cage is missing the boat ?
I doubt it...

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
Und
It's still sad to see these iconic characters relegated as DLCs. I love Mileena, I'd prefer having her in DLC than not in the game at all but that's still a shame.
Understandable. Hey, I could get kick some major ass with MKX Mileena, and her default outfit was the best I'd ever seen on her. But, at the end of the day, someone's gotta sit on the bench ;)

Given that she's such a big favorite, though, I'd wager money on her being in the first KP.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
So Jonny Cage is missing the boat ?
I doubt it...
He could be, or he could be taking up one of the three "Maybe" slots near the bottom. Don't know, the leak didn't show anything pertaining to him just yet.

There is no doubting steamdb's credibility on the matter. The only question if these are purposely put in as a red herring to mess with the community knowing steamdb would scrape the files. SteamDB has been the herald to hundreds upon hundreds of leaks over the years up to very recently confirming DBFZ season 2 when everyone thought the game was "dead" over the tournament scare non-issue.

Have red herrings of this nature happen before? Because it kinda seems like wishful thinking.

Understandable. Hey, I could get kick some major ass with MKX Mileena, and her default outfit was the best I'd ever seen on her. But, at the end of the day, someone's gotta sit on the bench ;)

Given that she's such a big favorite, though, I'd wager money on her being in the first KP.
I think she will be DLC too, I don't see the 3 ninjettes being the base game at the same time, and Jade/Kitana are already unofficially confirmed so... Press F to buy Kombat Pack