What's new

Steam database achievements - Roster speculation

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Ok you noobs let me clarify something for you.

The Inj2 troll files weren't clues or hints. They were flat out trolling.

They duplicated Robin's files and renamed one of them to Talon (the guy from Shadow of Mordor).
They duplicated Bane's files and renamed one of them to Shaggy.
There was also Alma and something else.

Now, look at the MKX achievements:
https://steamdb.info/app/307780/stats/

There's like 70 something achievements there with only a few related to a specific character thing. In the MK11 list we already have 30 something achievements coming mostly from "doing 2 fatalities with character X" and it's not even the full roster. Does that actually sound right to you?

This is all trolling.
Oh wtf...

@Braindead you've converted me. I officially think this is trolling to.

I don't know what to believe anymore. All those current achievements just look fishy to me now. Fuck.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
How do you know the character's name is even "the kollector"? It could be goddamn Kollage for all you know, or KoldKuts

How the hell can you get mad over something you don't know anything about?
How the hell are you don't know that rumours called Kollector around? i always said if these steam rumours are true..

Rearawt

Noob
I feel like it'd be a dick move for them to 'troll' with these names. I know for a fact that there are people who want characters like Frost and Jacqui to be in.

If this had nothing to do with NRS and was like the Reddit leaks then okay.

But straight up lying isn't the same as trolling.

I'm fine with whoever's in the game at this point, but I'd get a sour taste in my mouth with NRS as a company if they did something like that and just lied about characters for some type of 'surprise factor'. Whether people don't like a character or not. *shrug*

I'd rather the roster as a whole be 5 spots bigger or something rather than that. A much better surprise that everyone could be happy with.
This doesn't even approach lying. These aren't announcements, they're just leaks of variable names. If you buy into it too hard and get burned it's 100% your own fault

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
The leaked roster that included the Kollector didn't even have D'vorah on it
i hope all these bullshits are fake, leaks, steam hints, fuck all those stupid rumours.. I will be happy if Erron Black and Kotal Kahn will return but with the rumours i can not be sure..

KLK Lukas

Boon's personal eyebrow groomer
i could care less if people like me LOL and i was defensive ever since that guy said he hated jacqui.
if u dont like her move on. i dont like kabal but i dont bitch about him 24/7 everytime someone mentions him lmao he had one of the lowest percentage on ed's polls.
im not projecting its FACTS you guys hate her because shes one of the few black females in video games PERIOD
hate me all you want im not on this thread to make "online friends" lol im here to discuss and defend my fellow black gurl
and jade is clearly not black shes literally asian... never seen a black girl's hair that straight but ok
You hate Kabal? OMG THIS MUST MEAN YOU HATE BURN VICTIMS.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Yea... I'm sold. This combined with @Braindead 's reasoning is making it clearer for me.

Why is this list of achievements so weird and incomplete? Why are there literally 20 achievements for fatalities with every character when MKX had nothing like that? Why is there literally nothing about story mode? Why does it only mention something outside of fatalities for an already 100% confirmed character? SO much WHY!

This is bullshit.

NRS IS TRYING TO TRICK US!!!!!!!!! IT'S THE ULTIMATE TROLL!!!!!

Steam just took down a lot of the achievements, which tends to make me believe this was a real, unintentional leak.
It could also mean all those achievements were all bullshit to begin with! The real ones aren't even revealed yet!

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Yea... I'm sold. This combined with @Braindead 's reasoning is making it clearer for me.

Why is this list of achievements so weird and incomplete? Why are there literally 20 achievements for fatalities with every character when MKX had nothing like that? Why is there literally nothing about story mode? Why does it only mention something outside of fatalities for an already 100% confirmed character? SO much WHY!

This is bullshit.

NRS IS TRYING TO TRICK US!!!!!!!!! IT'S THE ULTIMATE TROLL!!!!!

It could also mean all those achievements were all bullshit to begin with! The real ones aren't even revealed yet!
This is not NRS btw. They have nothing to do with the PC version. This is QLoc, the studio that's porting the game to PC

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
positing this

1) leak is real, NRS or Qloc or whoever just isn't smart enough to multi layer mastermind placeholder achievements so they knew steamdb would scrape them so a few people like me who use steam db would see them

2) FRO isn't frost but a new character, so I can hope that noted bad character frost won't be in the game.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Was the achievement for completing the basic tutorial already on the list before, or was it just now added? If it's new, then they are still updating the achievements and we might see more leaks.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Sometimes you just don't wanna believe. I took the email leak as a fake cause "man no way the box art looks like that, that's some shit box art!" & "ronda rousey is a shitter and nobody would like her, what a bad business move!" and well look at where we are at now.

So just saying, its probably real.

Was the achievement for completing the basic tutorial already on the list before, or was it just now added? If it's new, then they are still updating the achievements and we might see more leaks.
Yes steam DB has been consistently scraping new placeholder cheevs. This is a matter of it still being updated.

Raider

Noob
It's obvious that the list is not complete. We need more than or around 50 achievements. They are still updating.

QLOC is trolling. They've done it before. They did it in Injustice 2. Besides, I really don't see NRS doing trophies for each individual character. That alone screams fake to me. They usually have a "perform every fatality" trophy, but not one per character. Especially with their emphasis on gear and the time towers, not to mention online trophies.
I get that the current list is incomplete. I just don't see this being legit. It screams trolling to me.
I don't think QLOC would be able to upload the data without NRS and WB authorization. I don't think they are trolling, NRS and WB probably want to leak information.

Yeah the fact that there are supposedly 25 Trophies just for doing fatalities sounds kinda bullshit.
I just checked Injustice 2 trophy list and there are 27 trophies of "With X, defeat X character with the final hit coming from [special move]". It seems legit to me

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
seems weird .... seems legit but at the same time, fake .... I mean .... the fact to be coded into Steamdb shows credibility in the info, but, having achievements for doing .... different fatalities for each character in the game ? really ? seriously ? looks pretty weak challenge task for an archievment into the game .... I'll wait for the Kombat Kasts to check out if all of this end to be true, let's see !

Crimea

Noob
this list doesn't match with Ed Boon words about how so many classic fan favorites they gonna return It's only Jade? And half of the roster is literally mkx newcomers+new characters. Why do they hyping classic characters then?

Last edited:

Snoop88

Noob
There really was no way devs could name characters with let's say numbers like 012, 003? Instead they used first letters of character name?

Leaked roster threads are clickable so I will have distance to this leak (another one which is supposed to be truly true). Before we had many leaks from WB/Netherrealm staff's mailboxes etc. As we see now many of them were fake even despite the fact that they were pretty convincing.

Will still enjoy revealing every character week after week.