What's new

General/Other - Special Forces Stealth Special Forces Nerf!!!

Jolt

Uprise
You did it at 54 seconds in and it worked lol. Also it's never been a 2 in 1, just timed after the recovery of drone :p

BUT in saying that I did notice something odd. I think the drone attacks might actually have a few more frames of recovery, not the drone itself. Can you check the frame data for differences?
Haha, looking back at the video now it does seem like the timing at :54 is pretty close to what there was originally. I'd say it's most evident in combo situations though. Before this patch, you could *consistently* knockdown with 112 or 2134 and summon drone AND use an attack and still have time to block. I haven't had that happen even once in the latest patch.

I'll check the frame data tonight to be sure. You're probably right that it isn't a 2-in-1, but it definitely *felt* like it. I specifically remember getting the idea to try it after realizing that Liu Kang's Flamefist 2-in-1s were a thing. (FBF4 into DB2 for example) and after trying, it worked pretty much the same.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Haha, looking back at the video now it does seem like the timing at :54 is pretty close to what there was originally. I'd say it's most evident in combo situations though. Before this patch, you could *consistently* knockdown with 112 or 2134 and summon drone AND use an attack and still have time to block. I haven't had that happen even once in the latest patch.

I'll check the frame data tonight to be sure. You're probably right that it isn't a 2-in-1, but it definitely *felt* like it. I specifically remember getting the idea to try it after realizing that Liu Kang's Flamefist 2-in-1s were a thing. (FBF4 into DB2 for example) and after trying, it worked pretty much the same.
Maybe it's possible that the window you have to input the drone special has decreased as it was the same or near the same at 0:54, but I don't really why they would do that... I don't really care how it's been changed as long as it gets fixed in a hot fix!!! PLEASE PAULO!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
It's entirely possible that the window to do it may have changed or something for no reason whatsoever, I'm by no means saying you guys are for sure wrong by the way. Random fucked up changes that make no sense are a speciality for these guys, it wouldn't surprise me if something was different. It'd be good to hear from them about this but that's probably not going to happen since a lack of communication about things that aren't game-breaking is also a speciality :DOGE

colby4898

It's entirely possible that the window to do it may have changed or something for no reason whatsoever, I'm by no means saying you guys are for sure wrong by the way. Random fucked up changes that make no sense are a speciality for these guys, it wouldn't surprise me if something was different. It'd be good to hear from them about this but that's probably not going to happen since a lack of communication about things that aren't game-breaking is also a speciality :DOGE
This may not be game breaking but in my opinion it is character breaking. It slows her down too much, making her lose momentum too often.

colby4898

This may not be game breaking but in my opinion it is character breaking. It slows her down too much, making her lose momentum too often.

This is quite possibly a side effect of changes to the nade drone in her Demo variation.

Should be reported as a bug. Hopefully they will fix.

colby4898

not being able to cancel out of summon into drone attacks is just a bug from all of her stuff being recoded for rollback. I would assume it will be fixed at some point and relax
I sure hope so. And I wouldn't say my original post had sonya tears... that came later in my other posts. :'( :DOGE

colby4898

Confirmed changed, probable bug as a result of netcode rewrite, and likely will be patched.

See Paulo's post above.
So is Colt Paulo? I didn't really know who paulo was I just always saw people mention his name when it comes to nerfs/buffs lol

Jolt

Uprise
Ok cool thanks haha
This is off topic but do you know if her throw has been made + on hit?
Frame data still says nah, but I haven't done any formal testing. It's funny, I play Mileena and Sonya and both of their throws are - on hit.

colby4898

Frame data still says nah, but I haven't done any formal testing. It's funny, I play Mileena and Sonya and both of their throws are - on hit.
It's kinda annoying, would love to get a guaranteed drone special on throw. (not drone call and special that would be too much)

colby4898

Does anyone know when the next patch/hotfix is? I was dissapointed it wasn't fixed in the last hotfix.It's been 23 days since playing her and I miss it :'(

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
yea theres def a change in drone attacks. When i do a string and try to do low kamikaze nothing happens