What's new

Starfire Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Sum of the guys in the star discord have her. So not wanna post anything on the forums that may be spoiler ish so won't say any frames or anything like that. DM me if u want to know anything

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Ok..just watched the Watchtower stream.

OMG NEW MAI... nah.

She's cool as hell though and I'll definitely be checking her out some. That black shader they showed was gorgeous. I mean I kinda wanted a mid range-y, zone-y type, but who knows till I get my hands on her. I've said before I wanted range then get a zoner and never feel comfortable and spend all my time wanting to go in.

I'm gonna be at work over night but can play from work sometimes.. if anyone in the US, east coast/central gets her on PS4 would you @ me? So I can get my PS4 set up at work and maybe mess with her.. *IF* she drops for us that is. Going by previous characters it'll be like noon tomorrow, but just in case.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I got her, and also a couple of shaders for her too.

So let me get this straight: so she is a character that is mainly a Zoner, but she also has great mobility, great wakeups, decent mid-range game and an unconventional yet still great Rushdown with all of her cross-ups, so she is a versatile character. Did I got it right?

DisturbedSwan

Chasing the Zeitgeist
Downloaded her on PSN too, so hyped!

Watched a few streams and she looks like she has some crazy zoning potential so she could be my cup of tea.

Xzyj

Noob
Labbed her for a bit, noticed a couple of things.

-You can explode her ex-ball with trait as was shows in the trailer, hits mid and is a launcher (so a way to stop jumps over the ball)
-gaps they were talking about are not in the game, maybe i missheard them but f2,2 and her hair wakeup-ex have no gaps, also you can cancel her wakeup into trait for more damage/space if they respect your ex (and they should).
-her charge-flight seems to be great wakeup too, her hurtbox feels like almost non-existant and if you land a hit and want to spend 2 meters+trait you're getting 305 damage against superman in comp mode (wakeup itself is unsafe tho so probably better to just use the safe one).
-she has gaps only in 2 strings, 21(3) (mid,low-low~mid), and 23(2) (mid-mid-mid).
Her 1, 1, 3 string is gapless (high, mid, mid), her b1,2 string is gapless (low-low), cancelling specials into trait upclose has gap every time, so you're gonna duck her a lot, especially considering she doesn't have overhead besides f3 and f2,2, and these ones are pretty easily trackable (even tho i think f3 animation is kinda deceptive, like triborg's overhead in mkx).

Status
Not open for further replies.