What's new

Spoiler Thread. People officially have the game already (NO STORY SPOILERS)

Only 1 week to go and it looks like it's a reasonable time for the flood gates to be open.

The other spoiler thread was locked so I think it's a good time to make one again where people could post their spoilers.

NO STORY SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!!!!

All Stages:

Tournament Variations!!!!!:
Baraka
  1. Marauder: Baraka Barrage, Gutted (2)
  2. Bone Picker: Blood Lunge (2), Spine Burst
Cassie
  1. Digital Soldier: (Air) Bullet Barrage, Kneecappin', Flippin' Out
  2. Yaas Queen: Shoulder Charge, BLB-118 Energy Burst (2)
Cetrion
  1. Force of Nature: Earthquake, Delay Boulder Bash, Shattering Boulder
  2. Spring Cleaning: H2 POrt, Geyser (2)
D'Vorah
  1. Buzzed: (Air) Ticking Time Bug, Strepsiptera, Parasite
  2. Arachnophobia: Deadly Swarm, Widow's Kiss (2)
Erron
  1. 52 Kard Pickup: Enhanced Locked and Loaded, Outworld Gunslinger, Scud Shot
  2. Barking Irons: Cattle Toss, TNT Toss, Enhanced Rattle Snake Slide
Geras
  1. New Era: Stepping it Back (2), Sand Pillar
  2. Infinite Warden: Quick Sand, Gauntlet of the Ages, Bed of Spikes
Jacqui
  1. 1st Round KO: Lethal Clinch, Cybernetic Override, Robo Grappler
  2. Next Gen: Grenade Launcher, (Air) Dive Bomb, Tech-Dome
Jade
  1. Emerald Defender: (Air) Razor-Rang, Upward Razor-Rang, Edenian Spark
  2. Jaded: Pole Vault, Pole Vault Cancel, Amplify Blazing Nitro Kick
Jax
  1. Grinnin' Barrett: Duck and Weave, Briggs Barricade, Ripped
  2. Hunker Down: Quad Grab, Burning Hammer, Expert Grappler
Johnny
  1. Shock Jock: Mime Time, Brass Knuckles, Caged Rage
  2. Show Stopper: Throwing Shades, Say Cheese (2)
Kabal
  1. Mean Streak: Rolling Buzzsaw, (Air) Straight Buzzin', Dash Cancel
  2. Clean Cut: Low Hook Grab, Nomad Spin, Extended Hook
Kano
  1. Ripper: Lumbar Check, Rack Off, Manhandled
  2. Dirtbag: Vege-Mighty, Molotow Cocktail, Chemical Burn
Kitana
  1. Fan-Fare: (Air) Fan Flutter, Ground War, Royal Protection
  2. Highborn: Half Blood Stance (2), Edenian Razors
Kollector
  1. Back in the Pack: Up Demonic Mace, Demonic Clutch, Fade Out
  2. Spare Change: Bag Bomb, Vial of Sorrow, Demonic Comet
Kotal
  1. Ascension: Huehhueyi, God Ray, Kahn-Cut
  2. Totemic: Eztli Totem, Tecuani Maul, (Air) Tecuani Pounce
Kung Lao
  1. Lotus Fist: Orbiting Hat (2), Omega Hat
  2. Hat Tricks: Guided Hat, Z Hat, (Air) Teleport
Liu Kang
  1. Luohan Quan: Shaolin Stance, Low Fireball, Dragon Parry
  2. Wu Shi Legend: Energy Parry, Dragon Fire, Dragon's Gifts
Noob
  1. Seeing Double: Ghostball, (Air) Tele-Slam, Shadow Slide
  2. Dark Sabbath: Spirit Ball, Shadow Portals, (Air) Sickle Port
Raiden
  1. Thunder Wave: Storm Call, Sparkport (2)
  2. Raijin: Electric Burst, Quick Charge, Electric Current
Scorpion
  1. Reborn: Demon Slam, Hell Port Cancel (2)
  2. Searing Rage: Death Spin, Death Spear Kombo, Burning Spear
Shao Kahn
  1. True Kahn: Ridicule, Ground Shatter, Wrath Hammer
  2. Risen Emperor: Annihilation, Up Wrath Hammer, Dark Priest
Skarlet
  1. Heart Pierce: Dagger Dance, Bloodport, Blood Ritual
  2. Blood Drive: Cell Siphon, Blood Flow (2)
Sonya
  1. No Holds Barred: (Air) Ops Drop, Krushing Kounters, (Air) Marching Orders
  2. Ring Master: Energy Rings Charge, (Air) Downward Energy Rings, K.A.T. Turret Drop
Sub-Zero
  1. Dead of Winter: Cold Shoulder, Deep Freeze (2)
  2. Thin Ice: Frigid Storm, Death-Cicle Barrage, (Air) Polar Axe

Last edited:

Comments

so I'm debating. Dunno how long these chapters are but II'm like should I beat chapter 4 to get Frost or immediate pay to play since it looks like I'll be running her. MK9 I mean the NRS stories are good but damn did it take me a bit to get all the way to chapter 13 to get cyber sub

Hopefully we can get ten more pages of the following, we're on track to do so:

Post: What!? These variations, so garbage! Some don't even have 3 slots!

Response: They are obviously not finished dude, it was clearly a late in the game thing. There's a day one patch for sure. Look at the Kitana variation that 16Bit showed that isn't even right here.

LOL what kind of garbage ass pre-set variations are these?? This is exactly why I didn't want NRS choosing this shit. They're god awful at it!!!

I really hope there's a patch to switch this shit up. At no point should there ever, EVER be a variation with only 2 slots being filled. Smh.

Looks like Kabal and Baraka are top tier cause they got their good moves in one of their presets.
Nah, Kabal is trash, no hook grab. But we are thinking these are just generic custom pallets for presets and might not be the official presets for competitive play. Reason being some of the ones confirmed and talked about in the last Kast aren’t accurate here so it leads to think something is amiss. We can only hope. Watch, my perfect Noob variation will be trash now.

so I'm debating. Dunno how long these chapters are but II'm like should I beat chapter 4 to get Frost or immediate pay to play since it looks like I'll be running her. MK9 I mean the NRS stories are good but damn did it take me a bit to get all the way to chapter 13 to get cyber sub
Going off previous NRS story modes, beating chapter 4 will take a little over an hour, definitely less than two.

Hopefully we can get ten more pages of the following, we're on track to do so:

Post: What!? These variations, so garbage! Some don't even have 3 slots!

Response: They are obviously not finished dude, it was clearly a late in the game thing. There's a day one patch for sure. Look at the Kitana variation that 16Bit showed that isn't even right here.
I really hope we can get more useful posts like the one quoted.

Maybe even 10 pages of them.

:DOGE

Some people are/have been at work and couldn't keep up with the thread as it happened. God forbid they see something they don't like and speak up about it. smfh

Hopefully there's a gear that gives Frost her bald look, I liked the bald look.

I also wonder if Cassie can have her undercut back too...
undecut - Thought it was cool
Bald - NOT a fan. A lot of why I liked frost when she first came out was her hair looked neat lol. I like her hair in this one too but I'm sure one of her variations will have her classic spiked ice hair

Probably 40-50min

Some people are/have been at work and couldn't keep up with the thread as it happened. God forbid they see something they don't like and speak up about it. smfh
Maybe just read it then before you post. Why are you getting upset at me like its my issue when its yours? The topic was discussed ad nauseum for about 5 pages, if not more.

There are clear errors with variations that we already now, these are definitely not the Day 1 tournament variations. I don't know what they are.

Maybe just read it then before you post. Why are you getting upset at me like its my issue when its yours? The topic was discussed ad nauseum for about 5 pages, if not more.

There are clear errors with variations that we already now, these are definitely not the Day 1 tournament variations. I don't know what they are.
Because I'm not gonna read a whole thread that I'm catching up on just to post something. I'm gonna post when I see it.

Then get to read herp derp posts like yours. You're the one whining about 10 pages of a certain kind of posts. Sounds like its your issue.

Until we get to day 1, you DON'T KNOW that those variations have "clear errors" in them. lol

This is quite interesting, Frost, Dvorah, Erron and Kabal were cleary unfinished

View attachment 13798
Hm interesting, the character select screen in this image is slightly different from the one they showed off in the last Kombat Kast. Cassie, Baraka, Jade, and Erron Black have different icons, D'Vorah and Kollector have different expressions, and Raiden was flipped and has less shadow around his eyes.

I smell day 1 patch incoming!

I mean you could just skip every single cutscene and just do the fights which don’t take a lot to get Frost and then start the story mode once again and actually enjoy it

Reactions: Zev
Whilst I would be salty if these preset variations are correct, the blow is immensely softened by the fact that I won't know better for kharacters that were not playable in the beta.

Kabal without Hook Grab KILLS me, but that's only because I had the opportunity to experience his playstyle both with and without it.

Non-Beta kharacters will be played with their kompetitive variations, and that will become the expectation. For me at least.

All in all, no matter what NRS does or does not do with kompetitive variations, I'm going to play this game non-stop. Goodbye social life!

These variations.... girl idk about them

I figured they weren't going to make the upclose skarlet I wanted but some of their choices just seem odd