What's new

SPOILER: Casting Call for Mortal Kombat X Digital Series Reveals New Characters?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
IF, and this is a BIG IF, if the info here is correct it appears as though Takeda is simply a clone/newer Kenshi (based on description given). I doubt that NRS would have two telekentic, sword wielding, badasses. Just think, Takeda would be Kenshi with a new paint job... AND EYES :eek:
If it came to it that's what I'd hope for. As "cloned" as possible. Exact same if possible lol. None of that Cassie Cage type stuff. Straight CLONE like the old MK days. Or at least the Ryu/Ken level of cloning.

Only then I could truly be happy about it. Of course if he's good and fits my playstyle all of this would be moot and I'd give him a try anyway. Though if not I may have to move on to another character if Kenshi is out (looking at you and your inevitable reveal Shinnok).

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
If it came to it that's what I'd hope for. As "cloned" as possible. Exact same if possible lol. None of that Cassie Cage type stuff. Straight CLONE like the old MK days. Or at least the Ryu/Ken level of cloning.

Only then I could truly be happy about it. Of course if he's good and fits my playstyle all of this would be moot and I'd give him a try anyway. Though if not I may have to move on to another character if Kenshi is out (looking at you and your inevitable reveal Shinnok).
Ya my top 3 in order are:

Kenshi/Takeda
Shinnok
Raiden

At this point Im basing it more off of character archtype than anything (as much as I front as a character loyalist Im more about play to win mindset). I want to main a heavy zoner with a counter zoner as an alt.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
[TAKEDA ]
In his mid 20s, quiet and mild-mannered, but with an angry streak, he is the "nice" one of the group. He is a world-class swordsman and he is adept at telepathy and telekinesis. Takahashi Takeda is the son of the hero Kenshi and a young Thai-American woman named Suchin, whom Kenshi met during his travels. When Suchin passed away, Kenshi was shocked to learn he had had an eight-year-old son with her. He took Takeda to Hanzo Hasashi, the former Scorpion, to be instructed in the Martial Arts. Takeda had no contact with his father for many years, until the day he was to leave Hanzo’s tutelage. Kenshi revealed that he had left Takeda with Hanzo to protect him from his mother’s murderer. Despite this revelation, and subsequent reconciliation with Kenshi, Takeda has abandonment issues yet to overcome—which makes working with his father in Johnny Cage’s Special Forces team a challenge at times...LEAD

Takeda and Kenshi have trouble working together due to Takeda's abandonment issues.
As Takeda is a telekinetic sworsdman, I think it's unlikely that they'll have Kenshi playable as well and so assume he dies. I'm guessing from this bit of information it could be due to Takeda's negligence on a mission, leaving him with guilt and responsibility for his farther's death.
This could lead him to wear his father's blindfold as a tribute and to enhance his discipline.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Wow Comics, Novel, Movie, Live show and Animated shows!!!!

they are going full steam ahead all their missing is MK based music album to break the charts, and they went full media

wtf is happening????
who are all these people? another Kung? Son of Kenshi……

Great, bring another CYRAX AND KABAL and we're all set.
…..fuck it.

Dark

Noob
Something small I found.. That is also related to a web series. Nothing new revealed, just some background people roles.

Thursday, Jan. 15, 2015, 12:27 PM Pacific
MORTAL KOMBAT FEATURED TALENT
Web Series
SAG-AFTRA

Casting Director: Michael Schiavone
Shoot/Start Date: 1/19 - 1/23
Pay Rate: $152.00

SUBMIT ELECTRONICALLY

IF POSSIBLE, PLEASE SUBMIT ACTOR'S ONLINE DEMO CLIPS ALONG WITH EACH ACTOR SUBMISSION.

[ FEMALE GO-GO DANCERS ]
Sexy go-go dancers in a Cage for club scene, age range 25-35.
[ MALE/FEMALE CLUB GOERS ]
MALES/FEMALES: Seedy club goers, alternative and interesting looks, age range 25-40. Think Blade Runner.
[ MALE ]
MALE: Older Chinese man in restaurant, age range 45-65. Facial hair, beards, scars, etc.

http://www.actorsaccess.com/projects/?view=breakdowns&breakdown=436101&region=1

Also, apparently it'll be called Mortal Kombat: Generations

http://i.imgur.com/6s7AoRr.jpg

Hmm it's very interesting to read, but I wouldn't go as far to say they're now confirmed in game, the comic has already had Tsu Hao in it, and he's been confirmed not playable, unless it's an in game screenshot I'll stay sceptical :p
hsu hao died in his first scene. like, "you wanna know whats going on with hsu hao? here he is. and dies. now that this is clear lets move on to what we really wanna do."