What's new

SpeedTest.net

monuis

Noob
hi I test the speed of my internet in many sites I got the best speed results from here scanmyspeed
my results are
download=1.09Mbps
upload=0.87Mbps
I dont know the reason why my speed seems to be slow many of them said that if Cable Internet services share bandwidth with satellite Internet access.
If there are many subscribers using that same bandwidth, it can slow down the connection.
kindly guide me how to solve this problem .

DIRTY

Noob

My connection is monstrous. Only thing it's seems to help is my opponents. It seems as if, Your delay is based off your opponents connection lol. People with terrible connections always tell me they're not lagging... That the connection is perfect, When I usually have a full second delay ( Unless they have a beast connect too ) Glad I pay 20 bucks a month extra to help out my opposition. Sick joke.

Proof of this is... Most of the people who are highest ranked on the boards have absolutely terrible connections, ( Not all of them, Some are just beast ) Causing people they play to have a half second of input delay. Played one of them the other day with a win loss ratio of like 7000 to 1000. They were absolutely garbage, But I could barely move. Leaderboards/True skill... Laughing my ass off.

aj1701

Noob

Package is supposed to be 20mbs down and up. My PS3 rates both down and up higher (19 down, 16 up).

DIRTY

Noob
Download is really good, its too bad your upload is so far off.
Yup, I agree. And I notice it in game all the time, Probably why I stated it feels like I'm giving my opponent a boost with mine. Damn Optimum Online, My only option for my current address. I miss the days of Time Warner. :(

aj1701

Noob
Yup, I agree. And I notice it in game all the time, Probably why I stated it feels like I'm giving my opponent a boost with mine. Damn Optimum Online, My only option for my current address. I miss the days of Time Warner. :(
That's cable right? They (the cable industry) started that whole "who needs fast UPLOADS?" BS. Right, cuz who wants good online gaming, sending high def movies and pictures to friends and family without taking 10 years.

Anyone here have Fios? I'd like to know if Fios providers do sync speeds. I have FTTH, but the ISP is a city started company to give the telcos and Crapcast competition.

Jakelin

Noob
Mine was 30 down, 5 up. Every once in a while I will meet someone online where we have a great connection, almost like playing offline, but they rarely stick around for long. The online is so bad in general I've been considering just playing through the offline content and completely giving up with the online play. It is too bad because this game is so much fun to play.

doomfarmer

unorthodox

LOL. it sucks being poor.

I can assure you... having a bad connection in no way helps you at this game. With my connection, my opponent never has to worry about doing unsafe strings because EVERYTHING THEY DO IS SAFE when i'm playing online.

No local scene. Must play online. ISP sucks ass, can't play online. >>>>> sell game??????

DIRTY

Noob

LOL. it sucks being poor.

I can assure you... having a bad connection in no way helps you at this game. With my connection, my opponent never has to worry about doing unsafe strings because EVERYTHING THEY DO IS SAFE when i'm playing online.

No local scene. Must play online. ISP sucks ass, can't play online. >>>>> sell game??????
But Subby gets a new fit in a couple days. :(

gdf

Noob

I got you all beat. I don't really care about speed as long as I can use the internet semi-fast.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
But Subby gets a new fit in a couple days. :(
Dirty man I wish I could explain the frustration I have. I get why some people will say "aw the online isn't that bad" when I see these connection speeds. This game is so hard to play online for me. On top of that I actually busted my Horipad the other night from punching it like a retard. Now besides having a broke ass connection that drops inputs every 2 seconds i'm using this regular xbox controller and doing accidental jumps when i'm trying to do dashes, etc. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

LOL. not trying to bitch to hard... just had to let some of this out.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!

I am jealous

This sucks on ice. My speed, the original I posted was from BULGARIA. On a WIRELESS connection on a house on a HILLTOP. With the modem thing one floor ABOVE ME.

This current speed is my LONDON speed which is connected with an ETHERNET CABLE on the SAME FLOOR.

SUCKS.ON. ICE.

DIRTY

Noob
Dirty man I wish I could explain the frustration I have. I get why some people will say "aw the online isn't that bad" when I see these connection speeds. This game is so hard to play online for me. On top of that I actually busted my Horipad the other night from punching it like a retard. Now besides having a broke ass connection that drops inputs every 2 seconds i'm using this regular xbox controller and doing accidental jumps when i'm trying to do dashes, etc. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

LOL. not trying to bitch to hard... just had to let some of this out.
It's alright homie, Let it out. Even with my A+, I've recently realized that the Gamefly servers just don't like Jesrsey. If I play KOTH or in a lobbie, People dance around with BnB's when It takes me a half a second to get out D1, Or a neutral 1 will come out and I'll eat a BnB. At least in private matches I can get down. Dude... The Hori pad beatdown, :( . Next time, Find someone who works for WB, And slap the shit out of em. Tell em, MK Online sent ya.

LockM

Noob

I have no problem playing against Americans in SSFIV, in MK however it's a nightmare, even after the patch.

Jakelin

Noob
I don't suppose they have any intentions on making it better?
If you are talking about online play, the sad reality is most likely 'no'. I heard a podcast and I can't remember for sure, but I think it was Tom Brady talking, and the discussion of netplay came up. Part of the problem is not the netcode, but the unbelievably crappy GameSpy servers. They are famous for their sucking. Apparently WB made some sort of an arrangement before MK9 where for a certain number of games or certain amount of time, they would use GameSpy servers. Whoever was talking about it made it sound like MK9 was at the tail end of that deal but basically NRS had no choice or say in the matter about who would be providing the servers. From what I heard, we are basically stuck with this, as is until they make the next MK game and can change servers.

It's too bad because even with the stuff that would be nice to have (better practice mode, better button config for tourney play), all of that doesn't kill the game as much as poor online play does. The majority of players play online and the experience is really frustrating, even for those of us with good connections. I got so pissed last night from all the laggy connections and teabagging that I actually pulled out SSF4 which hasn't been out of the box in like four months and played some online games and I couldn't believe the difference in play.

My connection is monstrous. Only thing it's seems to help is my opponents. It seems as if, Your delay is based off your opponents connection lol. People with terrible connections always tell me they're not lagging... That the connection is perfect, When I usually have a full second delay ( Unless they have a beast connect too ) Glad I pay 20 bucks a month extra to help out my opposition. Sick joke.

Proof of this is... Most of the people who are highest ranked on the boards have absolutely terrible connections, ( Not all of them, Some are just beast ) Causing people they play to have a half second of input delay. Played one of them the other day with a win loss ratio of like 7000 to 1000. They were absolutely garbage, But I could barely move. Leaderboards/True skill... Laughing my ass off.
Bro I couldnt agree more. The ranked matches in MK are a joke. I actually wrote about this some time ago somewheres in the forums. In Ranked, the laggiest matches of all time are against people with good records. It's no coincidence brother, they are lag switching. Thats why their inputs are ALWAYS one step ahead of you. Another thing I've noticed, on PSN, It's worse than on XBL, Have no idea why but on PSN it seems ALOT laggier.

EDIT: My speed: