What's new

SpeedTest.net

Sasuga

Noob
Jeez, Sao. that's a sick connection.

They are now placing fiberglass cables in my neighborhood. I'll have my internet upgraded when they finish, it should be good then. At the moment I'm scared to even run the test :)

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
My connection's not great as is but it's been fluxuating quite a bit these past few days. Matches would lag out and then drop entirely. I'd go to speedtest and I'd be running 405ms. I reset the modem and router and re-checked and it was down to 10ms. Then it'd start acting up again. We're on an unsecured wireless network but my console is hard-wired so I'm not sure if neighbors using our wireless would affect play on a wired console.

My connection's not great as is but it's been fluxuating quite a bit these past few days. Matches would lag out and then drop entirely. I'd go to speedtest and I'd be running 405ms. I reset the modem and router and re-checked and it was down to 10ms. Then it'd start acting up again. We're on an unsecured wireless network but my console is hard-wired so I'm not sure if neighbors using our wireless would affect play on a wired console.
Yes it will, especially if they are streaming or downloading over it, those will tend to eat all the bandwidth you have. I'd also secure that sucker asap, as you can be held legally responsible for things they do over it.

monuis

Noob
hi I test the speed of my internet in many sites I got the best speed results from here scanmyspeed
my results are
download=1.09Mbps
upload=0.87Mbps
I dont know the reason why my speed seems to be slow many of them said that if Cable Internet services share bandwidth with satellite Internet access.
If there are many subscribers using that same bandwidth, it can slow down the connection.
kindly guide me how to solve this problem .

JrK

Probably Drunk
hi I test the speed of my internet in many sites I got the best speed results from here scanmyspeed
my results are
download=1.09Mbps
upload=0.87Mbps
I dont know the reason why my speed seems to be slow many of them said that if Cable Internet services share bandwidth with satellite Internet access.
If there are many subscribers using that same bandwidth, it can slow down the connection.
kindly guide me how to solve this problem .
What is the problem? You state what you have, but you don't state what your package/plan is for?

If that is what you get directly connected to your modem... that's what you're going to get. Your ISP will have to deal with the rest. It'll either be on their end or your modem (Which is likley theirs anyways)

Over-utilization is a huge issue, and one that I'm very much affected by it. To the point where I have free internet until they fix it. Nothing you can do about it what-so-ever.