What's new

Special Cancelling

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
A tiny bit disapointing but i think it would cross the line a little bit, even for NRS :D
lol tell me about it. Hes one of the first characters i thought about when testing this, it doesnt really benefit characters like smoke or jax who have great normal strings into pressure in the first place.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
lol tell me about it. Hes one of the first characters i thought about when testing this, it doesnt really benefit characters like smoke or jax who have great normal strings into pressure in the first place.
How would you write it up compared to natural hitconfirms though, stuff like subs 212 can easily be confirmed into a clone or slide when blocked, and a hit can easily be converted to ice ball.

If you commit to the ice ball you are going to either get an ice ball or nothing. It has its cons i guess.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Although this tech does have practical applications, I really see the value in this is a more complete understanding of the game engine.

The more we learn about stuff like this, the less can be blamed on glitches.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
How would you write it up compared to natural hitconfirms though, stuff like subs 212 can easily be confirmed into a clone or slide when blocked, and a hit can easily be converted to ice ball.

If you commit to the ice ball you are going to either get an ice ball or nothing. It has its cons i guess.
Yea as i stated im scrubby so as i like to commit to moves early instead of going for hit confirm. So it helps people out like me for situations like that. Im not the most knowledgable person on everyones strings or habits of players who play those characters so it would be best for you guys to test it out and see how it can help out your game if it can at all.

Also as KT said this is overall very useful to know to prevent you from dropping special moves in dire situations.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Although this tech does have practical applications, I really see the value in this is a more complete understanding of the game engine.

The more we learn about stuff like this, the less can be blamed on glitches.
why you gotta be all philosophical and shit?

hey J360, nice vid, quick question, i have the same tv, but i get some lagg when i play mk9 on it, do u get lagg? or is it just my hdmi cable that sucks?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
hey J360, nice vid, quick question, i have the same tv, but i get some lagg when i play mk9 on it, do u get lagg? or is it just my hdmi cable that sucks?
I dont get lag at all, only slight delay with ps3, that is all. For the most part you might just have a shitty hdmi wire, i know some people in the past who have had issues with delay just because of the wire, including myself.

Saint

Noob
I got it to work with spear and tele, i did it with both the 21 and forward 21 string. Its the easiest off of the forward 21 string since its so slow.
You're right dude, tried it a couple of more times, this shit is crazy, you can get away with anything without having to commit

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Wow very nice. This will help sindel players for sure like myself. Thank you :)
44 fireball if the first 4 hits cancel out of fireball I pray I can get this to work :D

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
So far from what ive tested the cancel just stays dedicated to the normal and doesnt allow another cancel.
I don't know what you exactly mean, but I used to do b1->db2 instantly with Jade, and if the b1 got blocked I had enough time to input df2 after db2 and it came out. So, is this basically a cancelled special?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Very good shit. Really cool how you can somewhat option select strings in the event that they don't land. We should give it a name, like deleting. Because special cancelling already refers to cancelling normals into specials.

Btw, I thought of a dirty delete for Raiden. 121 xx shocker. Delete the shocker and you get 1212 instead. :D

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I remember not too long ago that for some reason I was having trouble getting Jax to follow up the B124 string with superman punch, this must have been the reason why or something. Was really odd.

Saint

Noob
Very good shit. Really cool how you can somewhat option select strings in the event that they don't land. We should give it a name, like deleting. Because special cancelling already refers to cancelling normals into specials.

Btw, I thought of a dirty delete for Raiden. 121 xx shocker. Delete the shocker and you get 1212 instead. :D
How about commit cancel?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I don't know what you exactly mean, but I used to do b1->db2 instantly with Jade, and if the b1 got blocked I had enough time to input df2 after db2 and it came out. So, is this basically a cancelled special?
thats more of a hit confirm special. This video is more about how you cancel a special move from happening all together once youve committed to it.

I really like the term deleting, pretty much sums up the entire thing.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Wow very nice. This will help sindel players for sure like myself. Thank you :)
44 fireball if the first 4 hits cancel out of fireball I pray I can get this to work :D

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
That sounds like one of the best applications for it so far. I hope it works out for you sindel players. She needs it lol

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
im not at my home pc so i will make this brief but i can go into more details. with my sub i do this and it can probably be done with more chars.

guys can you make a video showing this...

21 ice clone 2 slide.

on whiff you get 212

on 21 connect/block you get clone. on the whiff of 21 you get 212 but since you input the slide you then get 212 slide if the last 2 hits or is blocked.

you can do this with slide, ice ball, clone with 212, 214 and 224 for sub, the most common strings.

try it out its pretty cool.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
thats more of a hit confirm special. This video is more about how you cancel a special move from happening all together once youve committed to it.
But it is using this concept. I was interested in this same thing with Jade (cancelling b1 overhead with grab) but when I tried it I couldn't get grab to come out if I unless I mashed out grab loads of times after inputing b1 overhead. But tbh you have so much time to hitcomfirm b1 and decide between grab or overhead that it doesn't matter that you can't cancel a special with a different special. That would just make things easier, but they don't need to be.

Whatever though. This is an awesome find regardless, so cheers for bringing it to everyone's attention!

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
But it is using this concept. I was interested in this same thing with Jade (cancelling b1 overhead with grab) but when I tried it I couldn't get grab to come out if I unless I mashed out grab loads of times after inputing b1 overhead. But tbh you have so much time to hitcomfirm b1 and decide between grab or overhead that it doesn't matter that you can't cancel a special with a different special. That would just make things easier, but they don't need to be.

Whatever though. This is an awesome find regardless, so cheers for bringing it to everyone's attention!
oh sorry man i had a hard time understanding what you were trying to relay, but i understand now. Yea for jade you can b1 and enter the over head staff right away, if they block then you cancel it, if not then you let it go. The back one is a great example of a move slow enough to confirm if blocked. Its always easier to mash a direction to cancel it instead of realizing that it hit and trying to mash out a special at the very end and not getting it.

Hitoshura

Head Cage

deleting?....sound ok. I got a name

How about we call it J canceling after the found J360

Ex:
Commentator: So reptile gets in with a jip and will most likely confirm into a force ball after 122. OH! He J CANCELS the string in order to make it safe! What a good move on player 1's part!

that rolls off the tongue don't you think guys?