What's new

Special Cancelling

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Are the recovery frames any different from cancelling a special, since it was already registered/buffered?

And will this help the Pretty Ponies perform more tag team babalities at VSM?
no not at all, the recovery doesnt change at all on the normal that was not cancelled.

And yes i promise many babalities for the pretty ponies from here on out.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
So this basically makes hit confirming 10x easier and will make unhit-confirmable moves hit-confirmable?
I wouldnt say 10x but yes it does make it easier. And yes unconfirmable hit strings can become hit confirmable, it takes some practice but your reflexes play a huge part in this.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I've noticed this all the time but it's just been instinctual like you said. I like how it works out as a kind of option select for Reptile & Kung Lao.
Can you potentially hit confirm f4~freeze for Sub, u4~trance for Quan, etc by using this idea?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I've noticed this all the time but it's just been instinctual like you said. I like how it works out as a kind of option select for Reptile & Kung Lao.
Can you potentially hit confirm f4~freeze for Sub, u4~trance for Quan, etc by using this idea?
yes it works with quan but im not to sure about sub, havent tried it, i dont see why it wouldnt.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
great video man!

so im guessing it would be best to do these "setups" off 0 on block normals?
yes i say this be very helpful for mileenas 2,3 and 4,2

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Yea its always best to not use a move thats full of suck lol.
haha yea good point
just tested it out with mileenas 2,3 and 4.2....godlike...especially the 42-telekick cancel.
must try find were i can fit it in with baraka, he has so many unsafe normals and normally canceling into specials(slices) on block is good with him,hopefully ill find something

thanks again for the find and the vid

Saint

Noob
I tried it out with scorp, couldn't get it to work with spear or teleport

Really good find though, things like this make a huge difference

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I tried it out with scorp, couldn't get it to work with spear or teleport

Really good find though, things like this make a huge difference
I got it to work with spear and tele, i did it with both the 21 and forward 21 string. Its the easiest off of the forward 21 string since its so slow.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Something KT Smith brought up in the smoke forum was wether you can cancel one special with the input for another special,

For example if you dial B2,3xxSb (db2) with smoke, can you cancel it into Smoke drift (fb3) if the string gets blocked, and cancel our unsafe specials into safe ones?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Something KT Smith brought up in the smoke forum was wether you can cancel one special with the input for another special,

For example if you dial B2,3xxSb (db2) with smoke, can you cancel it into Smoke drift (fb3) if the string gets blocked, and cancel our unsafe specials into safe ones?
So far from what ive tested the cancel just stays dedicated to the normal and doesnt allow another cancel.