What's new

Spawn Gameplay Reveal Trailer!

Comments

Spawn’s invisibility will 100% be a non tournament move. He goes completely invisible like in UMK3, no way they would make that a tournament move unfortunately.
Reptile could go full invisible in MKX with meter. Spawn spends meter during the grab to go invisible. I'm hoping he has it in a variation. That grab looked stupid with how quick and far it reached

If they do not keep "that's what I'm talking about" at the end of the youtube trailer.. then someone at NRS marketing needs to be fired.

Man if only the classic didn't have that oversized shin guard thing lol. But other than that, can't complain. You know NRS did something right when two grown men cried on their reactions to Spawn trailer on YT. Max being one of them.

You'll notice the original look he has imo more practical shin guard spikes where they fit his shin better. Not a fan of the whole cement block shin guard lol.

Last edited:
Some of them are but I can tell the real ones from people I follow specifically since like before the whole reacting thing became a thing, but I know some people pretend the ones with overly excited or very boring reactions are the ones that are often faked or watched then pretend to react. This one dude was literally getting emotional though with his GF next to him because he said as a kid he had a rough childhood so whenever he sees Spawn in something big it gets to him. I can understand this. Max could be exaggerated, he definitely seemed more into it than other trailers and knew the lore. The other guy definitely knew the lore he was breaking down every comic reference.

Looked kinda like Scorpion 2.0 with all the chain moves. I really liked both his FB and Fatality.
It looks to me like they put more work into both The Joker and Spawn compared to Sindel, she looks and plays like she was rushed and like they were not sure what to do.

He seems to move kind of slow, which is atypical of what they've done with DLC. I mean terminator is kinda clunky but he has a sick wavedash and a run button.

If he don't have the movement, regardless of his tools he won't be OP, not the way this game plays.
He looks amazing tho.

Looked kinda like Scorpion 2.0 with all the chain moves. I really liked both his FB and Fatality.
It looks to me like they put more work into both The Joker and Spawn compared to Sindel, she looks and plays like she was rushed and like they were not sure what to do.
I disagree on that, she seems very well defined on what she is supposed to do, high level Sindels are very cool to watch in play, Koisy and Dubasik comes to mind. Terminator was the most uninspiring of the DLC to me.

1. that huge range on the hop attack though....its a thing of beauty
  2. Is that a half screen command grab before he turns invisible??
  3. The stance move at 1:13 that he does to AA Erron Black would be so sick if it could be cancelled because it would open up some serious pressuring options

People talking about him being op and assuming his attacks are command grabs need to chill out. A) We have no idea how good any of those moves are until we know hit levels and frame data, and B) MK is full of moves that have "grab-like animations" that aren't at all command grabs. There's a good chance that's a high attack that's death on block. NRS's media team's job is to make the character look as badass as possible in the trailer. Go back and watch any of the reveal trailers for any character and compare it to how they actually turned out in-game. Hell, some trailers even featured kombos that are impossible because you can't have those moves equipped at the same time.