What's new

Spawn DLC Revealed for Mortal Kombat 11 By Todd McFarlane?

C88 Nailgun Facelift

I will give you a warriors death.
Earlier today, Todd McFarlane was hosting a reddit ama (Ask Me Anything) where a fan asked about Spawn being in MK11 and Todd responded in the best way possible... (see the image below):

Techincally, nothing has yet been confirmed by NetherRealm Studios, but with all DLC to potentially have in Mortal Kombat 11... Spawn should be in everytime. If you've never read a Spawn comic or watched the movie - let's just say he is the most fitting DLC character we could ash for.

See the video breakdown and the images below:

spawn2.jpg

spawn1.png

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Last edited by a moderator:

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Todd has been bullshitting about this for years

but ALSO Todd is an out of touch narcissist who I could 100% see making this deal and then fucking up the rollout, so this could go either way.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Honestly, my first choice is MK4 and MKD characters. Personally, I've gotten the shits of all of these DLC characters.

I'll admit, Predator was done amazingly.
We see eye to eye there.
I want everyone from mk 1-3 and then some extras whoever else the rest of the crew like.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
NRS is too greedy to leave money on the table. With the upcoming Spawn film it would be moronic for them not to ride that wave solely from a business perspective.
I mean... is there really going to be a wave lol

Are people really excited for this movie? Spawn is an intellectual property that is over 20 years past its peak in terms of popularity. Todd McFarlane's going to write and direct it himself, when he's never written or directed a movie before. It doesn't have a distributor. It isn't even going to start filming until June, because Blumhouse has delayed it twice.

We all knew it was coming, so it wasn't really a secret of, more of when, as in will it be this game or the next? And since his next movie is soon, this game was the most likely.

Aramonde

Noob
Seeing Todd say this makes me think Spawn won't be in. For years he's been saying he's willing to have him in the game yet WB hasn't done it. Either Todd wants to much for the license or WB wants to push their IP's.

I think this is Todd trying to put pressure on WB to include him cause everyone's been asking for him.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I think you guys are really overestimating this whole thing. You really think Todd would be able to confirm something like this, just like that? Like, "oh yeah he's totes in!"
Not trying to put you Spawn fans down, or even downsize Spawn's chances of getting in, but we have to remember Todd said pretty much the same thing back in MKX, and look where that got him.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I think you guys are really overestimating this whole thing. You really think Todd would be able to confirm something like this, just like that? Like, "oh yeah he's totes in!"
That's the thing... he didn't! It's not a hard confirm. The "I believe..." part is why he can get away with it, because he's not actually telling us Spawn is in MK11. He's dancing on the edge. :p

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
That's the thing... he didn't! It's not a hard confirm. The "I believe..." part is why he can get away with it, because he's not actually telling us Spawn is in MK11. He's dancing on the edge. :p
What a dick. Well I guess it doesn't matter much what he says now given that time will tell everything.

C88 Nailgun Facelift

Not trying to put you Spawn fans down, or even downsize Spawn's chances of getting in, but we have to remember Todd said pretty much the same thing back in MKX, and look where that got him.
Think you guys are 4getting the history spawn has with NRS already. This video helps rejog the memory: youtu.be/puAXgDtzZmY

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
revealed? This sounds like confirmation it is NOT in the game (a good thing)

E

Eldriken

Thanks for sharing. I hope he is in it. He'd fit MK much better than Injustice.

For the record, the site is able to display pictures, URLs and videos just fine. You just need to know what to do.

C88 Nailgun Facelift

Thanks for sharing. I hope he is in it. He'd fit MK much better than Injustice.

For the record, the site is able to display pictures, URLs and videos just fine. You just need to know what to do.
I literally entered every url option and it kept failing or saying not supported. I'm not trying to spend a bunch of time just to post a link. It's almost 2019. People shouldn't be messing with html just to post a link