What's new

Strategy - Ninjitsu Spacing, buttons and pressure concept

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
holy shit. That was amazing dude. You open people up so well just using D4 and neutral High's. This is what I aspire and am working towards, you have the nicest Scorpion I've ever seen

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Playing neutral in MKX is only possible if both players are willing to play it. At least that's my experience. It's very, very hard to make savages respect your neutral game with all the mobility along with comboable DPs. But yeah, playing neutral in MKX is so satisfying)
you will lose everytime if you disrespect the neutral of someone playing like eddy is in this video

Amazing video Eddy!

212, b121, & f42 are the best strings to counter-poke after using EX Takedown. Once it's respected it opens up more opportunities for throw, f2, d4, etc.

21 being +2 offers a d1 check. Once it's established you can stagger, e.g 21 > 21 > b121. Effectively applying pressure and building meter. 21 is also good for baiting armor.

After TP 1, 3, & 4 all offer different pushback on block. They're also +2 and offer different opportunities to bait, pressure, etc.

Finally, NJP hits just inside sweep distance and has plenty of block stun. It's definitely a great move to space.

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
Interadasting.

Noticed some nice things that I plan on incorporating in character specific MUs.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Playing neutral in MKX is only possible if both players are willing to play it. At least that's my experience. It's very, very hard to make savages respect your neutral game with all the mobility along with comboable DPs. But yeah, playing neutral in MKX is so satisfying)
i don''t agree entirely because there are some variations that can force most of the others respect their space and can't just simply apply this and that on a fly.

Ninjutsu for example is a variation that allows for such things, but still any character that outranges him with safe pressure can just do exactly what we know, its indeed very very hard to play neutral in MKX, but its still very satisfying specially if this is just how you play.

Other variations on similar categories are:
Hat Trick
Displacer
Kitana
etc (end of thinking capacity, lol)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I liked it when you did f3, ex spear, tp cancel but b3, ex spear, tp cancel not better?
B3 has less reach even if its faster, i wasn't trying to mix it up either, Ninjutsu Mixups are more forcing ppl to press buttons.

Eddy, I'm a Cassie main that liked her for d4, b1, b2 and iaGuns, not the safe 50/50) It just seems that if your opponent wants to play read-heavy offense and is at the same time a competent player, you have to be super solid and super ready to counter whatever dirt flies your way. Which is of course more difficult and sometimes even frustrating than swinging back with your own offense. I actually wonder if MKX will live long enough in the competitive scene for the neutral oriented meta to be accepted. Kinda the way it happened in sf4. Where offense was also strong enough, but in top32 at EVO they played cautiously and if they didn't - they got hit hard)

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
I like it when honest characters win honestly by honest players.

This is just like every fighter though. 90% of SF players don't play neutral either, they just do whatever they fuck they want and hope they win.

Meep8345

Noob
I kinda wish that is how 90% of MKX should be, sadly defense is not as strong, while its not, i will keep playing Ninjutsu because it lets me play MKX as i want to play.

Enjoy
Love your style of footsies. Playing neutral is really hard with the run mechanic,broken jump-ins, and crazy advancing strings like johnnys f3. It's like nrs wanted to make the ultimate rushdown game that rewards offense and discourages defense.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Eddy, I'm a Cassie main that liked her for d4, b1, b2 and iaGuns, not the safe 50/50) It just seems that if your opponent wants to play read-heavy offense and is at the same time a competent player, you have to be super solid and super ready to counter whatever dirt flies your way. Which is of course more difficult and sometimes even frustrating than swinging back with your own offense. I actually wonder if MKX will live long enough in the competitive scene for the neutral oriented meta to be accepted. Kinda the way it happened in sf4. Where offense was also strong enough, but in top32 at EVO they played cautiously and if they didn't - they got hit hard)
SF is a game where you are awarded for spacing correctly, it doesn't really matter the amount of fire power you can gather, a good defense would reward you a win even against highly skilled players, MKX doesn't have a defense as good due some factors that overpowers the offense game

Backdashes are weak, slow, lack good invincibility frames worthy of costing stamina
Jump attacks have way too much active frames, some are even plus on block and allows 50/50, pseudo safes on whiff, little to no risk on jumping since its hard to stuff, the fact that you just throw it out making someone fear just of seen you in the air is terrifying.

some long range normals that can linked with launchers or long reaching launchers are safe on block, some are plus
d1 low profiles anything.
some characters with easy offense game have good d1s with fast recovery etc etc

a little done down on how further advancing string reaches, jump attacks needs to be clipped a bit, 50-50s too, backdashes need better invincibility or better traveling speed with better recovery

NRS needs to equalize the defense mechanics of the game to be as good as offense, then we have game IMO.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
I kinda wish that is how 90% of MKX should be, sadly defense is not as strong, while its not, i will keep playing Ninjutsu because it lets me play MKX as i want to play.

Enjoy
Eddy Wang you're the man. I love to watch you play as all Scorpion variations lol. God bless you brother, you make us Scorpinites proud.