What's new

Match-up Discussion Sonyas Match-Ups

RYX

BIG PUSHER
RYX

Sonya-Noob MU was 5-5 to a lot of people because of the match online. Noob zoning is godlike online and can make it a pain for Sonya to read the shadows. Offline this is not the case. 6-4 Sonya. Could be 7-3 at the highest possible level.
ohmagod somebody shares that thought of 7-3 with me, everyone else calls me a downplayer ;_;

this matchup chart looks spot on... the only debatable ones are that she might go 4-6 vs kenshi or freddy(ex arckick??? punishable but can be decent on wakeupfull screen... she has no way in on kenshi outside of ex cartwheel and not really a way in on freddy...shes a cunt in the corner)... she might 6-4 cyrax and she might 7-3 sektor... reptile is a possible 6-4 but probably not.

if i made the matchup chart (not being a sonya main) i probably would have made the exact same except maybe 6-4 vs cyrax and 6-4 vs sub zero . but we all know how debatable he is

I would say vs cage its a 5.5-4.5
Sonya has the superior armor but its not that hard to deal with. Cage just needs to watch those cartwheels and he should be alright and sonyas zoning is good but nothing cage should really be worried about. Her d4 could be a bit of a problem but no worse than mileenas for him
its worst then mileenas... she has a faster dash speed to supplement it and can cancel it into military stance f1 which puts her in no harm

if sonya spaces properly and deals with jumps cage is fucked.... hes forced to try and whiff punish d4s or over exert himself at risk of getting divekicked or ex cartwheeled... cage is forced to take a lot of risks in this matchup

RYX

Sonya-Noob MU was 5-5 to a lot of people because of the match online. Noob zoning is godlike online and can make it a pain for Sonya to read the shadows. Offline this is not the case. 6-4 Sonya. Could be 7-3 at the highest possible level.

SatsuiYesHadou

Sonya beats Cage 6-4 for sure. She has the best options to get out of his pressure. 7f 1 and 7f uppercut along with EX Cartwheel that does around 35%. What more can sonya ask for. She can turtle a lot better too with her D4 and Ring Toss.

I also updated the OP. Looks 100% accurate. If people still call me a downplayer than I dont know what to say...
i just realized what show ur avatar is from... good show.