Sheeva: 7-3
Sindel: 6-4
Skarlet: 6-4
Smoke: 6-4
Stryker: 7-3
Sub-Zero: 5-5

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I'm a firm believe that Rep-Sonya is a 3-7, but that is most likely a salt post. I'd actually like to know your opinion on that MU.

LEGEND

YES!
we've been through the kenshi MU before. You know where most of us stand on that

other than kesnsh though i agree on the MU# for all my other characters. . . maybe 7-3 over Jax

redeyes

Button Masher
cage is 5-5 not 6-4
kenshi & freddy are 4-6 imo
noob is 6-4
lao is probably 6-4
and sub is probably 6-4
and cyrax might be 6-4

lets not downplay here. sonya is ridiculous & broken. lol

she out zones cyrax & sub so that throws them off a bit
she out footsies cyrax up close so that makes it a pain for him.

cage is 5-5 idk why you put that 6-4

kenshi and freddy arnt 6-4 at worst maybe 5-5s yeah their zoning sucks ass to get past but its not like they can keep you out forever and they both have to be careful if you dash in to close 1 wrong throw on a projectile 38% gone into a reset.

lao is out zoned by sonya. he has to watch teles or hes eatting uppercuts all day. his pressure can be ducked and punished.

noob is not 5-5 idk why you have it like that. his midscreen dmg is so poo there is no reason to break it so you have meter for ex kartwheels allday which is free combos on him. his zoning game is pretty trash now the only thing that saves him a little is the fact that its 50/50 zoning but that can still be fuzzed.

thats just my 2cents.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
she rapes quan a little better then that I believe, but thats just me, Nice chart otherwise :)

and she beats Kitty 6-4

Edit: nice, I see you changed the quan match up number, that looks better

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
redeyes having seen multiple high-level Sonya vs. Noob matchups, I've seen it look 6-4 in Noob's favor. 5-5 is being generous to Sonya IMO.

Death

Noob
cage is 5-5 not 6-4
kenshi & freddy are 4-6 imo
noob is 6-4
lao is probably 6-4
and sub is probably 6-4
and cyrax might be 6-4

lets not downplay here. sonya is ridiculous & broken. lol

she out zones cyrax & sub so that throws them off a bit
she out footsies cyrax up close so that makes it a pain for him.

cage is 5-5 idk why you put that 6-4

kenshi and freddy arnt 6-4 at worst maybe 5-5s yeah their zoning sucks ass to get past but its not like they can keep you out forever and they both have to be careful if you dash in to close 1 wrong throw on a projectile 38% gone into a reset.

lao is out zoned by sonya. he has to watch teles or hes eatting uppercuts all day. his pressure can be ducked and punished.

noob is not 5-5 idk why you have it like that. his midscreen dmg is so poo there is no reason to break it so you have meter for ex kartwheels allday which is free combos on him. his zoning game is pretty trash now the only thing that saves him a little is the fact that its 50/50 zoning but that can still be fuzzed.

thats just my 2cents.
Nah I really think Kenshi and Freddy are her worst at 3-7. Kabal is bad but not as bad as those two.

Noob is 5-5. Sonya obviously has ex cartwheel but she has a hard time building meter in this MU and once shes in she cant stay in.

Wrong about KL. KL actually outzones Sonya with low hat and straight hat. If sonya jumps them KL can dive kick on reaction and can also lead to a combo. Sonya hitbox is actually not small. Vs KL the tele 3 hits her pretty good and standing 2 hits her crouching. This is a solid 5-5

Robo Cyrax and Sub are 5-5. She doesnt really outzone them. Yes she can get rings on the screen before bombs and nets come out but one wrong trade and I'm dead. Zoning vs sub is kind of irrelevant cuz a good sub player can slide them on reaction. This MU is based off if Sonya has meter. I think its 5-5 and actually disadvantage when Sonya is meterless.

Sonya beats Cage. She has more tools than he does. Outzones him. builds meter better and has the best options vs his pressure. 6-4

I kind of wrote this really quickly but can go way more in depth for each MU if youd like? Just PM me.

Death

Noob
The reason why there is no 8-2s or 9-1s like Kabal and Kenshi. No characters really have to fear zoning from her like they do from others. Zoning is a big factor on why characters like Kabal and Kenshi have such one sided MUs.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I agree with everything except cage and noob.

I have cage 5-5 and noob 6-4 in her favor.

But like always man, we think alike.

Liu 5-5, cage 5-5, reptile 4-6 sonya favor, lao 4-6 sonya favor, machine rax 6-4 sonya favor, kenshi 4-6 kenshi favor, skarlet 6-4 sonya favor. My opinions on each mu, i'm not getting into any arguments though haha but i'll gladly explain my opinions though, and I picked sonya up not too long ago, so expect some hype to come from me with this caracter.

Reactions: gdf

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Liu 5-5, cage 5-5, reptile 4-6 sonya favor, lao 4-6 sonya favor, machine rax 6-4 sonya favor, kenshi 4-6 kenshi favor, skarlet 6-4 sonya favor. My opinions on each mu, i'm not getting into any arguments though haha but i'll gladly explain my opinions though, and I picked sonya up not too long ago, so expect some hype to come from me with this caracter.
Tier Whore!

I didn't pick up Sonya though because I only pick up characters with moves faster than 9 frames..

I'm still a firm believer than sonya beats cyrax; MITDJT could probably explain it better than I can, though.
i actually have played this mu with my bro alot, and sonya has the slight advantage. I'll list some things:
* her divekick will cause him issues: unsafe on block yes, but when timed properly/used properly it works well. If a rax tries to d4 and u do a divekick, that's a full combo for you. It also prevents him from knowing when to pokek out of her pressure. If he decides to do a net and you jump, full combo off the divekick.
* her pressure: cyrax has a huge hitbox and she can abuse it with her standing 1s at times and her d4 ms pressure will help sonya build good meter just in case she gets caught by a net. she can mix in her f4 and grabs at time as well.
* her projectile: super swift and safe. cyrax can barely get a trade off bcuz of how fast her projectile is. It is fast enough to hit him while he throws a bomb out as well.
*armor kartwheel: can blow up any crossup jump attempt he goes for and punish him if he goes for a deep jik. Blows right through the net as well, so cyrax has to be careful.
* her uppercut: if he tries any special way to jump in or whiffs a high hit, smack!!! that d2 will hit him everytime.
*footsies: her standing 4 works great and leads to great dmg, her divekick, d4, and sometimes her standing 2,1 can all be used to give rax issues.

Overall rax can still hold his own bcuz of all the tools he possess and one mistake for her can end the fight for her. Also he can AA grab an ex kartwheel when he baits it and if he gains the lead, he can turtle her out well. To get out of pressure, he can use d1 to ex ragdoll since that is safe and pushes her back. He can AA grab all jump ins from sonya/ her divekick. If sonya whiffs a d4 and he does a net, bad news for her and she has to be careful what she does when dem bombs come out. His d4 buzzsaw will work as well and his buzzsaw in general must be respected, but he must be careful not to whiff it bcuz that'll lead to a full combo for her. His command grab will work great for him since she can't crouch block it and duck it unfortunately like sektor and mileena for some reason.

Yo dog, what happened to 5-5 reptile v sonya

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Surprised to see you changed your mind it being 6-4 in Sonyas favor. Before you were one of the most adamant 5-5 advocates. Needless to say, I agree though.

changed that a while ago haha, definitely manageable for reptile though but sonya wins. I played that mu with showtime at dallas and it was competitive for sure, but obvious reptile is at a disadvantage.
Idk maybe its even, I always feel like people arent abusing the 2nd string wiff that sonya has or reptile can punish d1 with dash better than anyone else in the cast

Idk maybe its even, I always feel like people arent abusing the 2nd string wiff that sonya has or reptile can punish d1 with dash better than anyone else in the cast
i do punish dem d1s with the dash, works great for sure. The real issue is her damn pressure, got to guess what to do to get out and reptile has slow ass normals then her fast projectile, blows up all orbs and have to resort to acid spit to deal with it, also if you dash, the projectile will just hit you haha. Also sonya can ex kartwheel and ex dash/ i believe instant divekick it. Divekick in general is a problem and must be completely respected.