What's new

General/Other - Sonya Blade Sonya General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt

Noob
So basically every time I jump over them to the right side and try to go into b14 I have to try and slow my inputs down(even though it is inputted correctly) or arc kick comes out every time. This is by far my biggest problem so far with Sonya. Apparently I'm the only one. I just need to work on it I guess.

Last edited:

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
So basically I have to try and slow my inputs down(even though it is inputted correctly) or arc kick comes out every time. This is by far my biggest problem so far with Sonya. Apparently I'm the only one. I just need to work on it I guess.

Edit - pretty much only happens when jumping over them to the right

Do you have negative edge on? That could be the reason but I doubt it. The only other reason I can think of that arc kick would be coming out is that you are inputting the command inbetween B14.

jmt

Noob
Do you have negative edge on? That could be the reason but I doubt it. The only other reason I can think of that arc kick would be coming out is that you are inputting the command inbetween B14.
Everything off and you can see in my inputs that they are right. I'm doing b14 then db2 but the arc kick still comes out. Now if I slow down the inputs a tiny bit I will get military stance. Just extremely annoying that during a real match I have to remember to slow down my inputs when I jump over someone.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Everything off and you can see in my inputs that they are right. I'm doing b14 then db2 but the arc kick still comes out. Now if I slow down the inputs a tiny bit I will get military stance. Just extremely annoying that during a real match I have to remember to slow down my inputs when I jump over someone.
That is very odd...I never had this happen to me. Wished I could shred some light onto the problem =[

Reactions: jmt

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
@jmt you're inputting db during b+1,4 because you're doing that in between you're messing up the motion. Try inputting db+2(i assume you're trying to go into military stance) after the 4 hits

jmt

Noob
@jmt you're inputting db during b+1,4 because you're doing that in between you're messing up the motion. Try inputting db+2(i assume you're trying to go into military stance) after the 4 hits
I get what you are saying, but I am definitely inputting b14 before I start the db2 motion which is verified by the inputs on the screen. I think what you are saying is to not even start entering the db2 until you see the 4 start to come out, which is what I mean by "slowing down my inputs".

Basically the entire thing doesn't buffer correctly.

Dedlock

Noob
I have the same problem jmt, the arc kick comes out after the b+1, the reason this is happening is because your thumb is still holding the back when you press 4,

To counter this issue I've stopped pressing back after the b+1, it takes some time to incorporate it into muscle memory but just release the back.

When do you like to use it?
All the freaking time:

To be clear, it does have some holes. It hits mid, but if the opponent is at full distance, it still gets high crushed by alot of D4's. The idea is everyone is so dam scared of B1 (and they should be) that the opponent is just never blocking high at that distance.

It has 17 frames of startup, but Sonya has noooo issue training an opponent to sit still. I use alot of naked f2's (which are neutral and safe on block) to condition the opponent to sit there and take it. I'll sometimes go through with full f1b2 (which is unsafe) because at the very least I need to make it so they aren't constantly counter-poking me after a plain f1.

I don't think it's as useful in Covert Ops, but in Demolitions its definitely a great move to get pressure without having to waste grenades.

Reactions: jmt
I'm also really digging F4 as a pressure-cooking followup to a successful D4 hit into run. D4 has enough hit advantage that this actually frame traps, so it's a really good way to put on the pressure.

jmt

Noob
I'm also really digging F4 as a pressure-cooking followup to a successful D4 hit into run. D4 has enough hit advantage that this actually frame traps, so it's a really good way to put on the pressure.

Nice vids. Gonna try to start using that f4 more. Demolition looks fun.

Sonho

POTH makes me question my sexuallity

care to upload more full matches of demo sonya? <3

Permafrost

Priest to the Church of Cetrion
Oh god... oh god... T-T I'm in trouble. My Sonya is lacking, everyone. Let's hear some stuff for me to work on. Heck if anyone is on Xbox live, lemme know. I need to refresh myself on Sonya. Which is hard because there are so few of us.

Dedlock

Noob
Apart from the new costume has the patch altered Sonya in any way, can't check at the moment, last time they didn't mention the small changes they made here and there, at the very least the b+3,3 hit box issues should be resolved.

skater11

The saltiest
Apart from the new costume has the patch altered Sonya in any way, can't check at the moment, last time they didn't mention the small changes they made here and there, at the very least the b+3,3 hit box issues should be resolved.
B332 is not fixed. Her 12 string is now 5 frames and +2 on block. Her 121 string is also now +2 on block.

Dedlock

Noob
B332 is not fixed. Her 12 string is now 5 frames and +2 on block. Her 121 string is also now +2 on block.
Omg I've been using it lately and wondering why they feel better! On the other hand my B+3,3 has been whiffing more but it's impossible to tell if it's from the lag or patch.h.

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/
Looks like they changed her F2 from 0 on block to -3.
uppercut (d2) from 6 frame start up to 9.
b33u4 was -11 now it is -7.
F4 was 0 on block but now it's +2. I can't remember if it was like that in the last patch. I only have numbers from day 1.

That's all I can find besides the 12/121 string that was mentioned.

Dedlock

Noob
F4 was 0 on block but now it's +2. I can't remember if it was like that in the last patch. I only have numbers from day 1.

The first bunch were done in the previous patch, the 12 and 121 are new and most welcome.

DaZengie

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MortalKombatATX/
Guys her air drop(ie dive kick) is 15 frames on start up, I could have sworn it was 17 frames before.
I had 14 frames for start up from the day 1 patch. 15 makes sense since they adjusted a few things and added 1 frame to everything. I didn't record the numbers for the previous patch so I can't say anything about 17.

Landonio

n00b

Am I the only one that didn't even know b33>u4 was even a string? I didn't even know that existed and I've been using Sonya since day 2. It's pretty dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.