What's new

Combo List - Sonya Blade Sonya Blade Combo Thread

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
As a shameless tier whore, I approve of all things Sonya related.

16 active frame JIP1 :eek:
Full combo off of dive kick :eek:
Best 50/50 in game :eek:

Just wanted to say this is one of the best put together character combo guides on TYM so far.

After getting spanked by REO, Tom Brady, and JOP at my scene's first MKX tournement, I will be picking up and labbing out hard with Sonya. Hopefully I will be able to contribute to the thread.
Cassie says hi :p

So what are people extending with from db2~3 in the corner? They get launched kinda low. Run up 12,12,121 db2~1 seems to work fine, would be interested to know if someone found something better?

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
SF Variation combos:

Midscreen
With drones
B14~Low Kamikaze, Run, 2134, Call Drones = 24%

11~Low Kamikaze, Run, 2134, Call Drones = 23%

213~Low Kamikaze, Run, 2134, Call Drones = 26%

B332~Low Kamikaze, Run 2134, Call Drones = 28%

Corner
With drones
B14~Low Kamikaze, 12, 12, 12, 2134, Call Drones = 33%
Allows you block Kung Lao Spin(6) and Sub Zero Slide(8)

121~Low Kamikaze, 21, 12, 12, 2134, Call Drones = 34%

213~Low Kamikaze, 21, 12, 12, 2134, Call Drones = 34%

B332~Low Kamikaze, 21, 12, 12, 2134, Call Drones = 35%

Homing Missile, 12, 12, 12, 2134, Call Drones = 26%

I currently working on midscreen and corner without drones....So I'll update this later...Side note, the 11~low kamikaze in midscreen, it's the only string that combos into low kamikaze midscreen so I only suggest doing it as as punish

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
Doing my best to keep this up-to-date, any errors in the OP, let me know (tag me) and I'll make sure I get things in the right place. A lot of this I do w/o the game in front of me, so prone to error.

Thanks for the note and the well formatted inputs @lslick !

Should be coming up with a little bit of gameplay; just had a local event and we got some video of that. BTW, feel free to PM me/post in here any high level/tourney game play of Sonya, and I'll try to keep the OP up to date with good examples.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Doing my best to keep this up-to-date, any errors in the OP, let me know (tag me) and I'll make sure I get things in the right place. A lot of this I do w/o the game in front of me, so prone to error.

Thanks for the note and the well formatted inputs @lslick !

Should be coming up with a little bit of gameplay; just had a local event and we got some video of that. BTW, feel free to PM me/post in here any high level/tourney game play of Sonya, and I'll try to keep the OP up to date with good examples.
No problem...Just trying to help everyone understand our character better...Just do me a favor and delete the small note i made about kung Lao spin....I think that it has no place there

Shady

Noob
So I've picked up Sonya after some success with Cassie in locals etc. And I'm really trying to figure out the drone variation. It seems like most options Sonya has are really unsafe. Then again, NRS frame data is never the most trustworthy source. Has anyone been able to figure out strings that don't leave her at a MASSIVE disadvantage?

We need to find some bnbs with a hard knockdown closer to 30% without jump in. So far the only hard knock downs I know of is
leg grab
B142
Going off of this, Covert Ops corner combos

39%: Jip divekick b+332 xx dB+2 ms4, f4, 12, 213 xx db2 ms1 to end in cmd grab
39%: Jip divekick b+332 xx dB+2 ms4, f4, 12, 12, 2134to end in a different hard knockdown
40%: Jip divekick b+332 xx dB+2 ms4, f4, 12 12 12 124 to end in the hard knockdown. (take out 1 set of 12 for much easier combo @ 38%)

ggyppt

Noob
A better meterless midscreen Covert Ops combo without grab.

b332, db2 4, b332 (Both Hits), bf 4 = 30%

It's is kind of tricky to pull off since it will want to turn into b3324, but I can also say it's completely possible

Blackburry

Buffs needs buffs
Anyone got some really useful strings with her? I find myself only using b1,4 and b33 all day. It works, but would be nice to know other stuff. Besides basic 1, 2.. 2,1 strings.

skater11

The saltiest
Anyone got some really useful strings with her? I find myself only using b1,4 and b33 all day. It works, but would be nice to know other stuff. Besides basic 1, 2.. 2,1 strings.
124 is a HKD and it's very good combo ender.

Edit: It leaves your opponent right in front of you in range for another b14 to connect. Or even a f2 if you want. Or you know, block punish.

Last edited:

skater11

The saltiest
That string that ends with U4 is also a good one. I'm not home to check the exact inputs but I'm sure you could find it as it is the only one that ends with U4. It's also a good combo ender if you are mid screen and trying to push your opponent to the corner.